Fire Peseiro Now!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: Fire Peseiro Now!!!

Post by Enyi »

delisyomie don wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:16 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:12 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:07 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:06 pm There is no 2 ways about it. His position is untenable at this point. We have lost almost every game under this man.
For what? Who were you beating before?
The substitution of Kelechi for Onuachu is the same offence as partying during Covid ( if not worse). The guy needs to go….

My issue is that Salisu is equally bad, so is Amunike and of Egu…..

Not sold on Finidi…..

I will say it again….go get Renard…..Saudi ain’t going no way

DO YOU HAVE MONEY TO PAY A FOREIGN COACH???
Manage the NFF properly.....you pay your coach.....YOU HAVE A WORLD CLASS STRIKER!!!! MONETIZE IT!
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

packerland wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:15 pm
Cito wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:06 pm There is no 2 ways about it. His position is untenable at this point. We have lost almost every game under this man.
The substitution of Kelechi for Onuachu is the same offence as partying during Covid ( if not worse). The guy needs to go….

Not sold on Finidi…..

Too late. France is poaching Renard to take over their Women's team. We'll have to pay to terminate his current contract. I like Renard but he's not one for the long. He's either a paper chaser or he gets bored too easily.
...can Nigeria compete with oil rich Saudis, not to talk of pay on time?
Until we recognize that our problem is/are not the players on the field, but fat frauds in the front office parading as NFA chieftains, then may be we will start to make head way. Start beating minnows in Africa.
Meanwhile I am still lafin, a sad laf too.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:42 pm awwww do we still have enough midfielders? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sold on Finidi…..

The midfielders aint the issue.....give this guy french midfield.....he will still lose, the setup was wrong from the get go....

ask yourself, if MBAPPE, MBAPPE not Mauni, MBAPPE, turned up late to the camp will Didier pick him let alone start him in the game?

The answer is no..a resounding NO, even Rohr wont play him......

Once he named Sanusi in his team, discipline went out the window.....

i just rewatched all the training videos, not one had any tactical drilling in it, not any....

Go to the Guinea coach and offer the guy Aribo and Ndidi and see if he wont bite your hand off.....

the issue is not the players, its the Coach and the NFF....

We need a coach that will bring discipline to the team....

An Arteta.....Mourinho.....Conte......like manager i.e Renard

If Ghana can pay Chris Houghton......Why cant we pay our managers?!!! the football system is flawed
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:24 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:04 pm

The Super Eaglesnare stuck in a rot..
Yes the SE are stuck in a rut.

So what do you not do when this happens.

Call the same washed up players and use the same INEFFECTIVE FORMATION.

Instead of looking at 433 or 352 we must force 442 down the throats of every SE fan.

Instead of looking at new talents playing well at their clubs

Akpom, Orban, Boniface, Onyedika, Alhassan, Nwakali, Nwobodo,

We continue to us the same washed up junks that got us in a rut in the first place.

Damn.
...this una formation shiit is nonsense. Good players will play at any and every position or formation. Many of us are blind that we can't see the real problem facing Nigeria football, especially the senior squad. It's not formation, it's not Musa.
You gather players from different leagues and clubs and systems to come scrimmage for 2 days and play a crucial match. Ain't gonna work, we are not Brazil, Argies, England, or any of the elite teams. These African minnows I bet have been together for weeks practicing, know each others movement, etc.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enyi wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:50 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:42 pm awwww do we still have enough midfielders? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sold on Finidi…..

The midfielders aint the issue.....give this guy french midfield.....he will still lose, the setup was wrong from the get go....

ask yourself, if MBAPPE, MBAPPE not Mauni, MBAPPE, turned up late to the camp will Didier pick him let alone start him in the game?

i just rewatched all the training videos, not one had any tactical drilling in it, not any....

Go to the Guinea coach and offer the guy Aribo and Ndidi and see if he wont bite your hand off.....

If Ghana can pay Chris Houghton......Why cant we pay our managers?!!! the football system is flawed
...Ghana is not as corrupt as we are. Say the truth.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

mcal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:57 pm
Enyi wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:50 pm

Not sold on Finidi…..

...Ghana is not as corrupt as we are. Say the truth.
Thats the issue....NFF, bet you they sack this guy and hire Vogts.....wont put it pass them

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mcal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:52 pm

Instead of looking at 433 or 352 we must force 442 down the throats of every SE fan.

We continue to us the same washed up junks that got us in a rut in the first place.

Damn.
...this una formation shiit is nonsense. Good players will play at any and every position or formation. Many of us are blind that we can't see the real problem facing Nigeria football, especially the senior squad. It's not formation, it's not Musa.
You gather players from different leagues and clubs and systems to come scrimmage for 2 days and play a crucial match. Ain't gonna work, we are not Brazil, Argies, England, or any of the elite teams. These African minnows I bet have been together for weeks practicing, know each others movement, etc.
These "African minnows" all parade squads with majority euro based players.

So no, they weren't camping for weeks, and

YES it is the formation.

Only an eeediot will not see how our midfield has been absent for how many matches in a row.

That's FORMATION.

Iheanacho CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT PLAY IN MIDFIELD.

Ask yourself why Ndidi was getting into the opposition box and he is supposed to be our cover for defenders.

The formation and players carrying out that formation are imbalanced.

Only an eeediot cannot see it.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

mcal wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:52 pm

Damn.
You may be right....but when a coach sends any player (Onuachu) to go on and mark his star player (Osimhen) u kinda wonder...? What is going on here :???: :???:

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And before anybody tries that

"We need homebased players for African conditions" nonsense

Guinea Bissau did not have even ONE homebased player. They are mostly euro based, and the odd middle eastern based.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:21 pm And before anybody tries that

"We need homebased players for African conditions" nonsense

Guinea Bissau did not have even ONE homebased player. They are mostly euro based, and the odd middle eastern based.
...I noticed, and all playing at top 4 euro leagues and clubs, right?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This cannot be argued or defended.

I could be wrong (Megapro, EII type folks can correct me) but I do not remember ANY period in Nigerian football history where we lost this frequently. I don't even remember such a thing under Berti Stash.

To say that this is NORMAL is ludicrous, Nigeria does not lose this frequently, even in the worst of times. This clearly falls to the coach. It is even beyond the incompetence of the NFF (although they must take responsibility for hiring him).

Usually I do not like knee jerk firings, but the record I feel is bad enough to warrant and immediate dismissal. I say he should be fired right now, no questions asked. Not 1 week from now, not 2 weeks from now, not 2 months from now. Right now, as in today!

A good old fashion EPL type firing. Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the moooorning, you're getting sacked in the morning!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:10 pm As Much of a joker Pisseiro is, sacking him will not solve much so long as those crooks behind him continue to operate.

No amount of national embarrassment (2022 afcon or 2022 WC DNQ, losing at home) will shame these clowns to do the right thing and take a wholesome approach.
As bad as the NFF has historically been, we do not lose like this...it just doesn't happen. Clearly in any situation there are MULTIPLE factors. But the point is, in this instance, the coach is more responsible than has historically been the case.

You might say the problem is 45% the Nigerian government (sports ministry, infrastructure etc.), you might say it is 40% the NFF, you might say it is 15% the coach. HISTORICALLY.

but then I would say to you, fine! But now it is 45% the government, 30% the NFF and 25% the coach! And that 10% that the coach has just added might be the difference between qualifying for tournaments. Yes it is still the tip of the iceberg, but a tip that can still make a noticeable difference.

Therefore, YES, sacking the coach WOULD make a difference.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tbite wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:40 am
vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:10 pm As Much of a joker Pisseiro is, sacking him will not solve much so long as those crooks behind him continue to operate.

No amount of national embarrassment (2022 afcon or 2022 WC DNQ, losing at home) will shame these clowns to do the right thing and take a wholesome approach.
As bad as the NFF has historically been, we do not lose like this...it just doesn't happen. Clearly in any situation there are MULTIPLE factors. But the point is, in this instance, the coach is more responsible than has historically been the case.

You might say the problem is 45% the Nigerian government (sports ministry, infrastructure etc.), you might say it is 40% the NFF, you might say it is 15% the coach. HISTORICALLY.

but then I would say to you, fine! But now it is 45% the government, 30% the NFF and 25% the coach! And that 10% that the coach has just added might be the difference between qualifying for tournaments. Yes it is still the tip of the iceberg, but a tip that can still make a noticeable difference.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

A coach who is unable to communicate effectively coaching the SE is a disappointing sight to witness. It's unfortunate that this happens, especially in Africa. When I listened to him speak during press conferences, I felt a sense of sadness for Nigeria. It became apparent to me that this team would not be successful with this coach
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...my lafin' don dey die down o, as reality don dey set in :shock: :shock: :shock:
Nigeria lost a football match to (common) Guinea-Bissau on Nigerian soil.
Not that this have not happened before, a minnow did shame us recently too, abi, for our backyard.
Some dey say na formation, na coach :rotf: :rotf: naah,
Na the incompetent from the top down.
Sow bad seeds it will sprout bad fruits.
Our top is bad news, and has been for a long time, no accountability for wrong doings, no investigative reporting to fish out the bad.
Everything is fraud and corrupt, and out in the open.
I won't be surprised GB beat us at their home ground on Monday. Stay tuned.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

highbury wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:17 am A coach who is unable to communicate effectively coaching the SE is a disappointing sight to witness. It's unfortunate that this happens, especially in Africa. When I listened to him speak during press conferences, I felt a sense of sadness for Nigeria. It became apparent to me that this team would not be successful with this coach
...because we are deemed as "deplorable and poorly educated" hence he was recommended to us Nigerians because we never learn. We are foools to oyinbos, and they take good advantage to screw us.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

ahidjo2 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:52 pm
Rohr was fired, Eguavoen was fired for same reasons. Peseiro is going through same stuff. That should tell us that there is a "constant" that must be tackled beyond the coaches. For you to play and beat teams like Guinea Bissau, you must be PHYSICAL. That is what is lacking in the Nigerian team and has been so for the past few years resulting in our losing needlessly to these teams that usually come physically prepared. Be physical with them and do not let them muscle you into submission. The physicality and the skills will always win this game in Africa. The talent is there but the hustle is lacking and we will continue to struggle with the sissy way we play irrespective of who the coach is.
They are all poor coaches, Rohr being the best of the lot.

I already saw that this Peseiro is a very poor coach right from his first math in charge when he started the game with a 5-4-1 formation. And his formation and substitutions ever since has proven so.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My guy, how did you arrive at your data? Fellas we have a Statistician onboard. I love it though!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Yeah that was a lack luster performance. Ebe like say the playersdidnt care.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tbite....u most love this coach.....25%...... 25%.... i can understand loosing to portugal but to guinea....NO WAY

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:46 pm Pessiro thinks he is playing Playstation.

He thinks he can just throw on all these highly rated strikers with no plan or midfield.
thank you for that comment...I keep on saying he is a 419 coach with pick milk and the sport minister that employed him definitely they taking a cut form is money .. they keep on saying they do not have money just give what you can afford to coach that really knows our players and how to use them whether home base or foreign as long thet are committed players..
thanks
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:23 pm Yeah that was a lack luster performance. Ebe like say the playersdidnt care.
The players can see that the coach is clueless so they are not interested in playing for him!

We lost to Guinea Bissau at HOME!

The coach should be taken to an Army Cantonment and given serious flogging!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enyi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Tbite....u most love this coach.....25%...... 25%.... i can understand loosing to portugal but to guinea....NO WAY
We lost to Guinea BIZZARE
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”