When I said LOOKMAN was useless

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
When I said LOOKMAN was useless

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

To SE, I was called every name in the book for months. Many would watch him play for Atalanta after which they become convinced he's the answer next to Osimhen.

Una don see? Again he failed to perform. Was that Pesseiro's fault? You wanted him and he started him.
How many times does he have to fail in GWG for yall to be convinced he's surplus to requirements?

Lookman is no doubt a good player,very good. However, his game is surplus to this version of SE as a winger or a support striker. He just doesn't compliment the offense regardless of which formation is played. You cannot combine him with Chukwueze,Nacho or Simon.

Search the game thread! I wrote that one of him or Nacho would have to be replaced and he was. We cannot have 2 ball dominant wingers that do not contribute to the MF, especially when you have no MF. When Simon came on the difference was clear as day even though Simon himself has major issues. If we're going to play 2 wingers, 1 of them has to be a proper MF that can play on the wings, cross. Win tackles and be able to initiate the offense from deep. Sorry but that is not Lookman.

If you must accommodate Lookman then it can only be in a 352 next to Osihmen or a 451 playing just behind Osimhen. This would automatically make your wingback provide the width, no wingers needed.

So , pick your poison and put some respek on Kongi's name.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: When I said LOOKMAN was useless

Post by vancity eagle »

Lookman was not any worse than most of our players today so why you singling him out ?

By the way Simon was worse.

In fact all our players were poor but for Osay Samuel.

Actually truth be told, and I haven't forgotten, SE looked very good the first 10 minutes, and Lookman was a part of that.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Chukwueze many people also attacked but I thought this was actually one of his better games for us. His shooting was off but he was quite dangerous, far more than he usually is. The pitch also did not help.

The one I am completely done with is Moses Simon. Such a useless player.

Nacho is also useless. Unless he is in a 352, complete waste of a player. Not a modern footballer at all.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:11 am Lookman was not any worse than most of our players today so why you singling him out ?

Actually truth be told, and I haven't forgotten, SE looked very good the first 10 minutes, and Lookman was a part of that.

I believe the coach who started him and decided to remove him knows better than both of us.
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I wouldn't give up on Lookman. I think Lookman would be better playing in a front 2 alongside Osimhen. He's faster and more mobile than Kelechi and can take on players. He's also a decent passer.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Lookman has been in very poor form in these past 2 months at Atalanta. However he has a lot to give to this SE.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:59 am To SE, I was called every name in the book for months. Many would watch him play for Atalanta after which they become convinced he's the answer next to Osimhen.

Una don see? Again he failed to perform. Was that Pesseiro's fault? You wanted him and he started him.
How many times does he have to fail in GWG for yall to be convinced he's surplus to requirements?

Lookman is no doubt a good player,very good. However, his game is surplus to this version of SE as a winger or a support striker. He just doesn't compliment the offense regardless of which formation is played. You cannot combine him with Chukwueze,Nacho or Simon.

Search the game thread! I wrote that one of him or Nacho would have to be replaced and he was. We cannot have 2 ball dominant wingers that do not contribute to the MF, especially when you have no MF. When Simon came on the difference was clear as day even though Simon himself has major issues. If we're going to play 2 wingers, 1 of them has to be a proper MF that can play on the wings, cross. Win tackles and be able to initiate the offense from deep. Sorry but that is not Lookman.

If you must accommodate Lookman then it can only be in a 352 next to Osihmen or a 451 playing just behind Osimhen. This would automatically make your wingback provide the width, no wingers needed.

You only rant when a player you don't fancy comes up short. I saw the game , we all did . That match vs GB was a fluke. There are games you play and it just won't work for you.

Yes it's a massive embarrassment we lost at home to a minnow. In fact we've been so bad at home. However the major issue is the NFF. I hope this new admin will sort this out asap. Wc2026 will be very tricky as far as qualifiers if we don't fix the rot in the nff
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You are the useless one smh
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Lookman was off form but I won’t call him useless. He still has a part to play.

Chukwueze is the one I am losing patience with. He is still playing schoolboy football after all these years.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I won’t label him useless. At least he’s still committed to us. I thought for sure him and Akopguma might start turning down call ups after we failed to qualify for the WC.

Lookman excels when he plays the Nkunku role. Play him as an attacker or as a support striker. Throughout his club career the guy blows hot & cold. Maybe sit or use him as a sub when he’s in a cold form like right now. Peseiro should know this if he takes time to do his homework.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:16 am Chukwueze many people also attacked but I thought this was actually one of his better games for us. His shooting was off but he was quite dangerous, far more than he usually is. The pitch also did not help.

Nacho is also useless. Unless he is in a 352, complete waste of a player. Not a modern footballer at all.
These attacks of yours on Nacho are glaringly personal. What did he do to you and your family? Did your wife have an affair with Nacho? What the d#$% is going on❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:13 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:16 am Chukwueze many people also attacked but I thought this was actually one of his better games for us. His shooting was off but he was quite dangerous, far more than he usually is. The pitch also did not help.

These attacks of yours on Nacho are glaringly personal. What did he do to you and your family? Did your wife have an affair with Nacho? What the d#$% is going on❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
Chill bro! Nacho is a very frustrating player. You like him when he’s on but when he’s off he struggles to do the basics like trapping or controlling the ball. Trust me, I’m a regular on Leicester city forum and they all say the same.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:02 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:11 am Lookman was not any worse than most of our players today so why you singling him out ?

I believe the coach who started him and decided to remove him knows better than both of us.
The same coach that paired Onuachu with Osimehn. That coach ? The same coach that cannot adapt beyond 442 to save his life ?

You got jokes.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

if u pick mbappe and Haaland and play them as wing backs...they will be craap as well....add the pitch, well....

Lookman did nothing great was he was not useless...

Sanusi and onuachu were useless (in the game)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

packerland wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:36 pm

Cheers.
Chill bro! Nacho is a very frustrating player. You like him when he’s on but when he’s off he struggles to do the basics like trapping or controlling the ball. Trust me, I’m a regular on Leicester city forum and they all say the same.
How can I possibly trust you and your baseless, self-serving opinions? Do you think you’re the only one here who has access to the Leicester city forum? Sounds to me like you’re the one who needs to chill❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:07 pm

Cheers.
How can I possibly trust you and your baseless, self-serving opinions? Do you think you’re the only one here who has access to the Leicester city forum? Sounds to me like you’re the one who needs to chill❗️

Cheers.
I never said I’m the only one who has access to the forum. I’m just pointing out that neutrals (Non-Nigerians) are frustrated with Kele at times. But whatever, do you!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:07 pm

Cheers.

Cheers.
So you've seen how packerd is. Dude has no clue how to stay on point.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Is Lookman still surplus to requirements?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:59 am

However, his game is surplus to this version of SE as a winger or a support striker. He just doesn't compliment the offense regardless of which formation is played. You cannot combine him with Chukwueze,Nacho or Simon.

Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

I can see cybereagles hasn't change one bit 😀
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:35 am :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Kongi don pick race.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

There are times I don't like a players game, but Kongis and Bushboys hatred of Lookman and Osimhen looks like a generational blood feud.
proclaimjesus02
Egg
Egg

Post by proclaimjesus02 »