TIME to clear out this crop of players..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
TIME to clear out this crop of players..

Post by Enugu II »

It is time to clear out most of these players. We cannot simply be inviting reserves because they are attached to a European club. Very unfit and uncommitted lads. These guys are wasting the talents of Osimhen, Iwobi, and a couple of others. Time to get rid of most of them and start calling up dedicated players willing to BLEED for the colors. That is just my view and I do not care whether they are playing in Poland, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria. They simply must be ready to BLEED for country.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TIME to clear out this crop of players..

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oga, sofry sofry. Who are the players you want out? Pls list them. When you have Iwobi, Osihmen, Ndidi and other worthy players on the field and you still consistently lose because you don’t know how to win. New players are rarely going to help you if they are less talented. We seem to think that harder working players will give results but that’s not necessarily true. Bournemouth worKs as hard as Arsenal but the difference is clear. Who u want?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:12 am Oga, sofry sofry. Who are the players you want out? Pls list them. When you have Iwobi, Osihmen, Ndidi and other worthy players on the field and you still consistently lose because you don’t know how to win. New players are rarely going to help you if they are less talented. We seem to think that harder working players will give results but that’s not necessarily true. Bournemouth worKs as hard as Arsenal but the difference is clear. Who u want?
Most definitely, I will take an effort player over a talented guy with poor effort. Every day and every time.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:57 am It is time to clear out most of these players. We cannot simply be inviting reserves because they are attached to a European club. Very unfit and uncommitted lads. These guys are wasting the talents of Osimhen, Iwobi, and a couple of others. Time to get rid of most of them and start calling up dedicated players willing to BLEED for the colors. That is just my view and I do not care whether they are playing in Poland, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria. They simply must be ready to BLEED for country.
Until you acknowledge your indirect contribution to this problem, you are just blowing hot air. The problem is not the players, or the coaches. The problem is Nigerians don't know how to build, only to exploit and destroy.

You in particular should have known better than to advocate a magical coaching change to solve all problems just before a major tournament. It was a short sighted decision that is symptomatic of the root of many of our problems. Maybe Rohr had to go, but to fire him when they did, without proper planning and risk assessment is why we are in the situation we find ourselves today.

Until we have a football federation that is focused on long term snd sustainable development, you are just waisting your time with your ideas.

Success can not be built on a foundation of stupidity and ignorance.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

charlie wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:03 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:57 am It is time to clear out most of these players. We cannot simply be inviting reserves because they are attached to a European club. Very unfit and uncommitted lads. These guys are wasting the talents of Osimhen, Iwobi, and a couple of others. Time to get rid of most of them and start calling up dedicated players willing to BLEED for the colors. That is just my view and I do not care whether they are playing in Poland, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria. They simply must be ready to BLEED for country.
Until you acknowledge your indirect contribution to this problem, you are just blowing hot air. The problem is not the players, or the coaches. The problem is Nigerians don't know how to build, only to exploit and destroy.

You in particular should have known better than to advocate a magical coaching change to solve all problems just before a major tournament. It was a short sighted decision that is symptomatic of the root of many of our problems. Maybe Rohr had to go, but to fire him when they did, without proper planning and risk assessment is why we are in the situation we find ourselves today.

Until we have a football federation that is focused on long term snd sustainable development, you are just waisting your time with your ideas.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Some times I just wanna give up, but keep on hoping on hope.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mcal wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:37 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Some times I just wanna give up, but keep on hoping on hope.
Well said. Every move they’ve made after than man was fired has failed. Before some will say I like mediocrity, Rohr’s team was clearly running out of steam but the NFF messed up with the timing and they didn’t have a capable replacement. Morocco fired their coach and had a replacement right away. Ghana smoothly went from Addo to Chris Haughton.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Agreed. We've hit such a low point now that we might as well start afresh with a bunch of local guys AND a local coach. Get the coach to do what Keshi did to build a new team around local players. Get a team philosophy and STYLE before augmenting the team with foreign-based players that fit that style.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Amen brother :clap:

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Orion wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:35 pm
Agreed. We've hit such a low point now that we might as well start afresh with a bunch of local guys AND a local coach. Get the coach to do what Keshi did to build a new team around local players. Get a team philosophy and STYLE before augmenting the team with foreign-based players that fit that style.
You mean to get local coaches they don’t pay or offer contracts? Look at what they are doing to Finidi and Shorumu? When you don’t pay your coaches, they start looking for ways to make money off the team. These men leave their wives and families everyday to go work for free.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For the last time.

Commitment by the players had NOTHING to do with the result yesterday.

We keep failing because of nonsense like this. Failing to even see the problem. Comming up with the wrong solution to the wrong problem.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Having said that in a perfect world the following would never smell SE again.

Ahmed Musa
Moses Simon
Paul Onuachu
Kelechi Iheanacho (unless you plan to use him properly in a 352 formation)
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Unfortunately, it is not about me or any one on CE. It is about our national team. Our national team has the potential to be much better and I for one will not think that we had done much that is worthwhile since Keshi. I have seen netter and I expect better and want better. If you want to accept worse, that is what you will get. I am not in that boat. Nigeria can do much better and will but there is work to do.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

:clap: :clap:

Trying to get reason through to some folks here is nigh impossible. So at some point, you just give up.

But you're absolutely right. I mentioned this in the match thread and was abused. Every. Single. Thing. they've touched since their stupid decision to sack Rohr at the 11th hour has CRUMBLED TO DUST!

That disastrous decision and subsequent kneejerk appointments to make up for the mistake are why we've hit such a low point.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:07 pm

:laugh:
Unfortunately, it is not about me or any one on CE. It is about our national team. Our national team has the potential to be much better and I for one will not think that we had done much that is worthwhile since Keshi. I have seen netter and I expect better and want better. If you want to accept worse, that is what you will get. I am not in that boat. Nigeria can do much better and will but there is work to do.
:laugh:
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:33 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:12 am Oga, sofry sofry. Who are the players you want out? Pls list them. When you have Iwobi, Osihmen, Ndidi and other worthy players on the field and you still consistently lose because you don’t know how to win. New players are rarely going to help you if they are less talented. We seem to think that harder working players will give results but that’s not necessarily true. Bournemouth worKs as hard as Arsenal but the difference is clear. Who u want?
Most definitely, I will take an effort player over a talented guy with poor effort. Every day and every time.
am with you on this, the coach and whoever employs him taking a cut from the money are the problem
thanks
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

You need to name the players though, otherwise this thread is a bit useless.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

While we don’t have quality in all areas of the pitch, we still have enough decent players to be able to compete in Africa and even against international teams.

Our problem is coaching and player selection. Many people here have called our players like Iheanacho, Sanusi, Onuachu, Chukwueze, Akpoguma. Yet our highly paid coaches still can’t see it. I know some will say Sanusi plays for Porto and Champions League, but I said it over and over, the guy is too laid back and casual. I can’t see any fight in him. Akpoguma is not good enough. I will even take Ajayi or Omeruo over him. And I can go on and on. Bad team selection, bad tactics, bad substitutions etc.

Until we have a coach who can work intelligently and smartly with the players we have, we would be back here calling for sack after sack. We can’t manufacture players from heaven. We already have a pool to work with. Just get a guy who recognises how to use his player’s strength.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Paveman wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:22 am
I have named two players that are exempt. That ought to be enough. The rest should prove themselves.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

While Osimehn is our star, he was one of the worst players in that match truth be told.

A professional footballer should not be caught offsides so easily. He killed so many of our attacks, and it is a recurring theme.

He was even offsides once and had a free header which he couldn't even get on target.

We need a little less of his emotional outbursts and more composure.

Had he been more composed on many occasions in the Ghana series we would have been in Qatar.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:04 pm While Osimehn is our star, he was one of the worst players in that match truth be told.

A professional footballer should not be caught offsides so easily. He killed so many of our attacks, and it is a recurring theme.

He was even offsides once and had a free header which he couldn't even get on target.

We need a little less of his emotional outbursts and more composure.

Had he been more composed on many occasions in the Ghana series we would have been in Qatar.
He's an emotional guy but he seems to complain more to the refs when he plays for us.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:56 pm
I have named two players that are exempt. That ought to be enough. The rest should prove themselves.
If 16 out of 18 professionals are ‘not bleeding’, then you need to look elsewhere for the problem.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Paveman wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:49 pm
If 16 out of 18 professionals are ‘not bleeding’, then you need to look elsewhere for the problem.
GBAM!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sunset wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:40 am
Paveman wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:49 pm
GBAM!!!
While e it is true that the problem is not one thing but that hydra head dies include the players. That cannot be avoided. You may add other lists but the players cannot be exempt. You needed those dedicated to winning.

I realize that Peseiro attempted to do just that with this win by benching almost half of those who started tge previous game. Yet, it does not go far in my opinion.