TIME to clear out this crop of players..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TIME to clear out this crop of players..

Post by Dammy »

charlie wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:03 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:57 am It is time to clear out most of these players. We cannot simply be inviting reserves because they are attached to a European club. Very unfit and uncommitted lads. These guys are wasting the talents of Osimhen, Iwobi, and a couple of others. Time to get rid of most of them and start calling up dedicated players willing to BLEED for the colors. That is just my view and I do not care whether they are playing in Poland, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria. They simply must be ready to BLEED for country.

Until you acknowledge your indirect contribution to this problem, you are just blowing hot air. The problem is not the players, or the coaches. The problem is Nigerians don't know how to build, only to exploit and destroy.

You in particular should have known better than to advocate a magical coaching change to solve all problems just before a major tournament. It was a short sighted decision that is symptomatic of the root of many of our problems. Maybe Rohr had to go, but to fire him when they did, without proper planning and risk assessment is why we are in the situation we find ourselves today.

Until we have a football federation that is focused on long term snd sustainable development, you are just waisting your time with your ideas.

Success can not be built on a foundation of stupidity and ignorance.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle EII, your eye don clear?

1naija wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:33 pm viewtopic.php?f=1&t=310410&hilit=Averag ... s&start=46

EII, you are reading waaaayyyyy too much into the list. This is the same group of mostly average players we've been selecting from for the past few years. Musa's ommision does not make us any better than when he selected. Akpoguma does not make is any better than Awaziem and vice versa. Dennis and Onuachu do not make us better than Dessers anf Awoniyi and vice versa. They are all average players being interchanged between games. As far as i am concerned, this the same list as all the other lists we've had when Osimhen, Iwobi, and Ndidi have been available. They are the only players that if healthy and available and any is omitted we can read meaning into it.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:49 pm For me, this list is a major shift by Manager Peseiro. The next call up will either confirm that list or proof this to be only an aberration. Here are my thoughts.... Is he making the definitive cut asway from Ahmed Musa? Is this linked with Pinnick losing the NFF Presidency? Note that Pinnick previously insisted that he (Pinnick) was responsible for musa receiving the call ups. We will know in the coming call ups, for sure......Awaziem none call up may signify Peseiro's exasperation with the former's play. Awaziem is a guy who has previously worked with Peseiro before Peseiro's appointment. Peseiro gave Awaziem ample opportunities but there is no denying a FACT that Awaziem has underwhelmed in thosde call ups. This is perhaps the end of the rope for him.... the decimation of the old guard in the defense confirms issues that I had written on previously i.e. it is CLEAR Peseiro intends to change that central partnership. More coming.
Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:57 am It is time to clear out most of these players. We cannot simply be inviting reserves because they are attached to a European club. Very unfit and uncommitted lads. These guys are wasting the talents of Osimhen, Iwobi, and a couple of others. Time to get rid of most of them and start calling up dedicated players willing to BLEED for the colors. That is just my view and I do not care whether they are playing in Poland, Saudi Arabia, or Nigeria. They simply must be ready to BLEED for country.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Excellent points. We should ditch and 🔥 this current team because we have a crop of alternate world class players waiting in the wings to take their places. France 🇫🇷 go hia when!