There is no doubt in my mind

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
There is no doubt in my mind

Post by highbury »

There is no doubt in my mind with Passeiro at the helm, SE will fail. Some already know that( I am part of this crew), some will soon know and some will later find out.
Imagine a coach who cannot even communicate let alone communicating with his players.
Who hired this man? Who did this to Nigeria? Pinnick, you are very wicked man.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: There is no doubt in my mind

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

We also know u lost your mind long time ago. :laugh:

I believe Peseiro will actually come back with at least a Bronze at the next Afcon. Nigerians like sausage but don't like sausage making. Nothing is easy but the celebration.
OCCUPY NFF!!
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:09 am We also know u lost your mind long time ago. :laugh:

I believe Peseiro will actually come back with at least a Bronze at the next Afcon. Nigerians like sausage but don't like sausage making. Nothing is easy but the celebration.
Ok oooo. If you say so. 😂 😂.. Let's continue to watch the movie 🍿
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Peseiro is actually far from the main problem.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:44 am Peseiro is actually far from the main problem.
You don't even believe what you're saying. Please be honest, in your heart of heart is Passeiro a coach befitting for the SE more especially after you have heard him and seen his team? Look at the way he even carries himself. Yuck! Who did this to us? Pinnick you're a very very wicked man
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

highbury wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:42 am There is no doubt in my mind with Passeiro at the helm, SE will fail. Some already know that( I am part of this crew), some will soon know and some will later find out.
Imagine a coach who cannot even communicate let alone communicating with his players.
Highbury

The way he is going with his job, he is headed out soon. He needs to stamp his authority on this team. Clean house and only keep those ready to fight. Do not be concerned about club x, league x, or all that crap.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:16 pm
highbury wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:42 am There is no doubt in my mind with Passeiro at the helm, SE will fail. Some already know that( I am part of this crew), some will soon know and some will later find out.
Highbury

The way he is going with his job, he is headed out soon. He needs to stamp his authority on this team. Clean house and only keep those ready to fight. Do not be concerned about club x, league x, or all that crap.
Enugu II, I really hope he leaves ASAP. He is not even a coach befitting of Rangers FC let alone SE.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Peseiro is undoubtedly a bad coach but those who employed him (NFF) are still in charge so who do you think they’ll replace him with?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We won't win jack with Bassey, Akpoguma, and Ajayi as our CBs, with Bassey being the best among them. We better go get than guy from SA league.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:09 am We also know u lost your mind long time ago. :laugh:

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

I am genuinely hoping and praying that I am mistaken about Passeiro's incompetence and poor command of the English language, which has and will hinder him. Despite my significant reservations about his qualities as a manager, I will be rooting for his success and the team's success at the Afcon.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am I am genuinely hoping and praying that I am mistaken about Passeiro's incompetence and poor command of the English language, which has and will hinder him. Despite my significant reservations about his qualities as a manager, I will be rooting for his success and the team's success at the Afcon.
Poor command of the language is not as big a problem as you imagine.
You’re a fan, not a player.

Professional players are used to dealing with coaches from all over the world speaking different languages. It comes with the job.
You need a correct speaker of English because your only contact with the coach is at press conferences which is primarily a communication event.

On the field it’s a different matter. No need for too much grammar.
Besides, l’m pretty certain he has those that can help out if certain things are unclear.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

highbury wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am I am genuinely hoping and praying that I am mistaken about Passeiro's incompetence and poor command of the English language, which has and will hinder him. Despite my significant reservations about his qualities as a manager, I will be rooting for his success and the team's success at the Afcon.
He is a very poor coach. His previous record proves it. And he has been poor for the SE, so I am praying he performs a miracle at AFCON but he would need his players to seriously raise their game. But I am not confident we would do well. I pray I am wrong.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:44 am Peseiro is actually far from the main problem.
Countdown to you swearing about Peseiro…within the next 4 weeks…

Truth is that you are more likely to curse some player or Peseiro during the tournament than SE getting anywhere near the trophy let alone win…

The coach is the problem….
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Nigerian national teams (the SE and even the Super Falcons) have a woeful record of pre-tournament games. We should be used to this by now. I remember the 5-1 drubbing we received at the feet of The Netherlands in ‘98 in Amsterdam, pre WC. I was so vexed I drove all the way back to London, struggling to stay awake at the wheel.
That was not the plan but na only God save us that day.

I will not be surprised if these guys do really well in CIV, despite our doomy and gloomy predictions.
It has become a cliche amongst the world’s football pundits, “Which Nigeria will turn up?

Methinks it could be the Supreme Eagles we have all been craving but are too scared to trust our emotions with.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sometimes I read your post and I say there is zero way you are the same person we chatted with in the zoom hangout! its not possible. You were so reasonable in the hangout.

For 5 years, you kept telling us to wait and enjoy making sausage when your German uncle was the coach. We wasted 5 years of our players' careers and no sausage was made. Now, its been 1 year and you are telling us to wait again and waste another 5 years. Incidentally, after the last disgraceful performance, you were on the zoom hangout and you sounded remorseful.

You are back again to your regular programming. Abi? Bronze is NOT an option we will accept. Absolutely not! Enough is enough of "golden bronzes." Like I have mentioned in a thread previously, having watched the Eagles last year, the only way we will succeed is by error -- the players getting tournament form and blasting through. Tactically, we are horrid. So, there is absolutely no chance that we are out-coaching any team. Not happening. The last year (12 months) was not an aberration, it was reality. The guy was out-coached in every single match. The games we won with large goal margins was Osimhen pretty much padding stats.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:14 am
He is a very poor coach. His previous record proves it. And he has been poor for the SE, so I am praying he performs a miracle at AFCON but he would need his players to seriously raise their game. But I am not confident we would do well. I pray I am wrong.
if a miracle happens, it wont be Peseiro that will perform it :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: And it will be very very clear that he had nothing to do with it.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:17 pm Nigerian national teams (the SE and even the Super Falcons) have a woeful record of pre-tournament games. We should be used to this by now. I remember the 5-1 drubbing we received at the feet of The Netherlands in ‘98 in Amsterdam, pre WC. I was so vexed I drove all the way back to London, struggling to stay awake at the wheel.

I will not be surprised if these guys do really well in CIV, despite our doomy and gloomy predictions.
It has become a cliche amongst the world’s football pundits, “Which Nigeria will turn up?

Methinks it could be the Supreme Eagles we have all been craving but are too scared to trust our emotions with.
I was at that match in Amsterdam as well! I got back to London to the news of Abacha’s demise
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:53 pm
Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:17 pm Nigerian national teams (the SE and even the Super Falcons) have a woeful record of pre-tournament games. We should be used to this by now. I remember the 5-1 drubbing we received at the feet of The Netherlands in ‘98 in Amsterdam, pre WC. I was so vexed I drove all the way back to London, struggling to stay awake at the wheel.

I was at that match in Amsterdam as well! I got back to London to the news of Abacha’s demise
I was there too but go there so late.

I stayed behind for an extra day at the same hotel where the team lodged. It was a very noisy night. A lot of supporters turned up and crowded the lobby to vent their anger. :lol:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Damunk wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:21 am
Poor command of the language is not as big a problem as you imagine.
You’re a fan, not a player.

Professional players are used to dealing with coaches from all over the world speaking different languages. It comes with the job.
You need a correct speaker of English because your only contact with the coach is at press conferences which is primarily a communication event.

On the field it’s a different matter. No need for too much grammar.
Besides, l’m pretty certain he has those that can help out if certain things are unclear.
Well said :agree: :agree:.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Just to be clear. if he doesn't get to the semi-final at least he is out! Then we have nothing to worry about! That team may not get out of the group! That jean wearing PE teacher is finished! :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

1naija wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:11 pm We won't win jack with Bassey, Akpoguma, and Ajayi as our CBs, with Bassey being the best among them. We better go get than guy from SA league.

Akpoguma is not in the squad. Also reports suggest that Ajayi will be dropped from the starting lineup and replaced by one of Omeruo or Ekong
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:16 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:11 pm We won't win jack with Bassey, Akpoguma, and Ajayi as our CBs, with Bassey being the best among them. We better go get than guy from SA league.

Akpoguma is not in the squad. Also reports suggest that Ajayi will be dropped from the starting lineup and replaced by one of Omeruo or Ekong
To be fair, 1Naira made that comment about 10 months ago - March ‘23.
Levels don change small since that time.