Local Coaches who deserve the SE coaching job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

azuka
Egg
Egg
Local Coaches who deserve the SE coaching job

Post by azuka »

I am opening this thread to throw this challenge to all. Let's have here a list of local coaches who deserve the job. And please when you name a coach, do list his achievements in any of the the African competition in the last 5 years. At least let's set a standard.
Let's talk current not history. Enough of this "our local coaches are good enough" without the butter to butter the bread. I am here to learn and update my knowledge of our local coaches.
lacidi
Egg
Egg
Re: Local Coaches who deserve the SE coaching job

Post by lacidi »

Amunike. He has the appropriate qualifications. If we can allow Westerhof to stay trophyless for more than 5 years and allowed Rhor more than 6 years of no trophy, then I don't see why we can't give a Nigerian the same time. Senegal did it for their own citizen. If a Nigerian coach had delivered the rubbish that Peseiro is delivering, all hell would have broken loose. Now you guys are here blaming the players and the pitch and the weather instead of the man in charge. Suddenly, we have useless players who are worse than Guinea Bissau players.
Why do we hate our own so much?
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

It's on record that there is nothing foreign coaches have achieved in SE that Nigerian coaches have not achieved. Yet the oyibo gets the benefit of doubt for the $#% show.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

lacidi wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 pm Amunike. He has the appropriate qualifications. If we can allow Westerhof to stay trophyless for more than 5 years and allowed Rhor more than 6 years of no trophy, then I don't see why we can't give a Nigerian the same time. Senegal did it for their own citizen. If a Nigerian coach had delivered the rubbish that Peseiro is delivering, all hell would have broken loose. Now you guys are here blaming the players and the pitch and the weather instead of the man in charge. Suddenly, we have useless players who are worse than Guinea Bissau players.
Why is he the best man for the job?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:02 pm
lacidi wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 pm Amunike. He has the appropriate qualifications. If we can allow Westerhof to stay trophyless for more than 5 years and allowed Rhor more than 6 years of no trophy, then I don't see why we can't give a Nigerian the same time. Senegal did it for their own citizen. If a Nigerian coach had delivered the rubbish that Peseiro is delivering, all hell would have broken loose. Now you guys are here blaming the players and the pitch and the weather instead of the man in charge. Suddenly, we have useless players who are worse than Guinea Bissau players.
I never said he is the best. You are free to include others. To me any qualified Nigeria coach is better than all these clowns.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

lacidi wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:08 pm
I never said he is the best. You are free to include others. To me any qualified Nigeria coach is better than all these clowns.
Lacid,

I'm ok with Amunike but the people that employ these local coaches that you are clamoring for don't respect them. If you go to a shoe store and someone show you a less expensive but solidly built Aba made shoe and the same version of the shoe that was built in Italy.... which will you choose? If the NFF needs to hire a local coach, then they need to educate the public with stats to show that Foreign coaches have not done better than their local counterparts. The NFF should go to sports shows and be able to articulate these things to the public. Hire a competent coach and give them the free reigns to choose their own staff and a reasonable timeline (5 year minimum) to meet certain objectives.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Either do these things or fork up the money and hire a world class manager. For everyone that is attributing Senegal and Morrocco' s success to having a local coach, what is Brazil currently doing with trying to hire Ancelloti?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Ok. I am not against Amuneke. I just need someone to articulate why he deserves the job. And I noticed you said he has the appropriate qualifications hence my question.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:50 pm
Ok. I am not against Amuneke. I just need someone to articulate why he deserves the job. And I noticed you said he has the appropriate qualifications hence my question.
That is what the OP specifically asked for.

Lacidi has nicely dodged the question.
I don't blame him 'jare. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"6yrs" - like after 3 fruitless attempts at the biennial AFCON and failing to win the World Cup in like two attempts abi?
Jus asking o. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

azuka wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:37 pm I am opening this thread to throw this challenge to all. Let's have here a list of local coaches who deserve the job. And please when you name a coach, do list his achievements in any of the the African competition in the last 5 years. At least let's set a standard.
Let's talk current not history. Enough of this "our local coaches are good enough" without the butter to butter the bread. I am here to learn and update my knowledge of our local coaches.
Please insist on this.
Very important. :taunt:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Maybe a better question is what the FCs have done to deserve the SE coaching job?

Besides, often times people get hired based on potential. I'd say guys like Finidi and Ammunike have shown that potential. Remember that Belmadi, Cisse and even Stephen Keshi were hired not based on what they won but the potential they had.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

azuka wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:37 pm I am opening this thread to throw this challenge to all. Let's have here a list of local coaches who deserve the job. And please when you name a coach, do list his achievements in any of the the African competition in the last 5 years. At least let's set a standard.
Already, there is a discriminatory condition set in this post. How many local coaches have had the benefit of coaching in African competitions and why aren’t foreign coaches, who get the job more often than not, subjected to the same standards? What did Rohr or Peseiro achieve in coaching before they were appointed to the job❓❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:03 pm
Already, there is a discriminatory condition set in this post. How many local coaches have had the benefit of coaching in African competitions and why aren’t foreign coaches, who get the job more often than not, subjected to the same standards? What did Rohr or Peseiro achieve in coaching before they were appointed to the job❓❗️

Cheers.
Chief, we are not asking for national team records. Nigerian coaches don't travel that far.
We are simply asking for club achievements, or CHAN or WAFU.
Or maybe even U20, U17 if we have to scape the barrel.

The Algerian coach had never been in charge of a national team before.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1,Eguavoen- nattin nattin in 5yrs
2,Salisu - nattn nattin in 5yrs
3.Amunike - canyon keep a job n 5yrs
4.Finidi - Has a job. No accomplishments.
5, Oliseh - No job in 5yrs

6, Ogunbote - I think he get job.
7, Ike- Had non paying job as assistant coach.

Pick 1 or add your own..
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YUJAM wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:41 pm Maybe a better question is what the FCs have done to deserve the SE coaching job?

Besides, often times people get hired based on potential. I'd say guys like Finidi and Ammunike have shown that potential. Remember that Belmadi, Cisse and even Stephen Keshi were hired not based on what they won but the potential they had.
Which Nigerian coach today can boast of a CV anywhere close to Keshi's CV before he got the Super Eagles job?

Its like you guys are in denial of the dearth of quality Nigerian coaches.
Mark my words; Nigerians would KILL any Nigerian coach that starts off with Peseiro's current record.
You think Amodu, Siasia and Keshi had it bad?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Going by your logic, would Keshi have been hired at Togo? He had barely anything on his resume before going to coaching Togo?

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:30 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:41 pm Maybe a better question is what the FCs have done to deserve the SE coaching job?

Which Nigerian coach today can boast of a CV anywhere close to Keshi's CV before he got the Super Eagles job?

Its like you guys are in denial of the dearth of quality Nigerian coaches.
Mark my words; Nigerians would KILL any Nigerian coach that starts off with Peseiro's current record.
You think Amodu, Siasia and Keshi had it bad?
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 pm

Cheers.
Chief, we are not asking for national team records. Nigerian coaches don't travel that far.

He coached Qatar's NT before getting the Algeria gig
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

If they must appoint a local, let them give him free hand.
Stop forcing assistant coaches on them. This issue of for instance giving the job to Siasia and then forcing Eguavoen, Finidi and Salisu to assist him must stop.
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

naijaguy wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:23 pm If they must appoint a local, let them give him free hand.
Stop forcing assistant coaches on them. This issue of for instance giving the job to Siasia and then forcing Eguavoen, Finidi and Salisu to assist him must stop.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Idiocy at the highest.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 pm

Cheers.

Why ask about something you would normally take for granted with oyibo coaches, even though little is known about the pedigree of oyibo coaches. Is that because oyibo na oyibo❓🤐❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

They qualify for tournaments.

Unlike local coaches.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i no go lie, the pitch, weather , players blaming get as e be
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved