We need to talk about Victor Osimehn

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
We need to talk about Victor Osimehn

Post by vancity eagle »

Another HORRIFIC perforce by him.

Plays like a child. Can't stay onside, kills all of our attacks, can't finish chances, and started shooting from impossible angles rather than squaring the ball.

He has been piss poor for Nigeria and is really beginning to let the team down.

He should be benched frankly to get a message across to him.

He's been pathetic.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We need to talk about Victor Osimehn

Post by txj »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm Another HORRIFIC perforce by him.

Plays like a child. Can't stay onside, kills all of our attacks, can't finish chances, and started shooting from impossible angles rather than squaring the ball.

He's been pathetic.

Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol we can't bench him but, yeah, he was crap today.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Victor Osimehn is like any other regular Nigerian in diaspora who return home and try to go work in a government office and witnessed the gap in procedure. At Napoli he buries chances upon chances like he had today, but why?
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

Which attacker played well in these two matches?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olumide wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:32 pm Which attacker played well in these two matches?
Musa :wink:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

txj wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:14 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:02 pm Another HORRIFIC perforce by him.

He's been pathetic.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

olumide wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:32 pm Which attacker played well in these two matches?
None.

But Osimehn is the only one who cannot even do the basics and stay onside.

This problem of his also goes beyond these 2 matches.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I would also like people to note that Osimehn has been poor since Rohr switched to 442.

He was doing well in the 433 setup.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Truth is no African team would fear Vic O in this team. He does too many things poorly when playing for the SE…just doesn’t look like an elite player on the continent…similar to how Salah was for a while with Egypt…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

It's not even that. Terem Moffi looked the more accomplished player today.

Osimhen is undoubtedly one of the top 5 strikers right now, but he has this aura about him of still being raw at times, and it is worse when he plays for Nigeria.

He gets caught offside like an amateur way too often and is always trying to shoot, and score from impossible angles, which I am sure he will not do in Napoli. I defended him when he tried that bicycle kick against Ghana, but now he is just taking the piss. You don't have to shoot from every tight angle for crying out loud, hold the ball and wait for others.

Perhaps he doesn't trust his Naija team-mates, because I don't understand what I saw from him today.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:
airwolex wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:51 pm

Osimhen is undoubtedly one of the top 5 strikers right now, but he has this aura about him of still being raw at times, and it is worse when he plays for Nigeria.

He gets caught offside like an amateur way too often and is always trying to shoot, and score from impossible angles, which I am sure he will not do in Napoli. I defended him when he tried that bicycle kick against Ghana, but now he is just taking the piss. You don't have to shoot from every tight angle for crying out loud, hold the ball and wait for others.

Perhaps he doesn't trust his Naija team-mates, because I don't understand what I saw from him today.
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The boy has been poor over the 2 matches. His first touch, his runs, his shooting just looked very amateurish. He didn’t look anything like a £100m player. I hope he watches the matches again and starts making some adjustments to his game.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

You guys have to also think about the service he is getting --- piss poor!!! What do you want him to do -- provide the service and score as well? Until guys like Chukwueze find their way to the bench and a few others like Simon are asked to play the ball quicker into space, Osimhen will be called offside several times and also be closed down quicker. THINGS MUST CHANGE with this team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He hasn't gelled with his teammates. They should release the ball quicker and show more urgency. He will be fine
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 pm You guys have to also think about the service he is getting --- piss poor!!! What do you want him to do -- provide the service and score as well? Until guys like Chukwueze find their way to the bench and a few others like Simon are asked to play the ball quicker into space, Osimhen will be called offside several times and also be closed down quicker. THINGS MUST CHANGE with this team.
How about the many times his control and touch were poor or when he misfired? He can sometimes look very average when things are not going according to plan. He needs to mature and learn how to be patient and not become agitated.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:00 pm You guys have to also think about the service he is getting --- piss poor!!! What do you want him to do -- provide the service and score as well? Until guys like Chukwueze find their way to the bench and a few others like Simon are asked to play the ball quicker into space, Osimhen will be called offside several times and also be closed down quicker. THINGS MUST CHANGE with this team.
It’s not really the service tho, he’s had like 5-6 scorable chances in these two games and has rarely threatened to actually score, best being the one that hit the post today. He also keeps going offside like he does at his club. He needs to be more clinical, stay onside and stop whining every two minutes…He has to do better…Just rewatched the game and his missed were pretty poor technique, execution and in some cases poor decision making…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Osimhen will come good. Relax.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

All these excuses for Osimhen. Time we call it what it is.
Truth is he was not good in the 2 legs. Does that make him a bad player? No, not even close.

We make excuses of timing of passes, the well timed ones, what did he do with them? Is it also a timing issue that leads to him wandering offside for Napoli on so many occasions?

The silly shots from impossible angles, those had noting to with team mates. His decision making were bad for the 2 legs.

His tantrums, that is one thing that annoys me more than anything. I despise a team mate who whines all game long especially when he is the biggest culprit. If he whines when playing well and other are bad, then that's understandable. That wasn't the case here.

I believe these guys play for the national team with a different mindset from when playing club football. All the nonsense Chukwueze did today, he would not do at his clubside. He was just so bad, 0.2/10. SE could have done better with him off the pitch.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

too many clueless jokers on CE.. what a daft thread
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I won’t bench Osimhen. He’s better than what he’s showing. If he continues with the scissors and bicycle kicks and shooting from difficult angles, the I say bench him for a game or sub him early.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

It really is not difficult to get goals from Osimhen.

I watch the guy a lot at Napoli so I know exactly what it takes to get goals from him. In fact, I am so confident that I would be willing to bet $1000 AUD that if Peseiro takes my basic suggestions on board, he will average at least a goal a game. It's not even a complicated strategy, very simple. $1000 AUD I will transfer to Peseiro's account if it doesn't work. What does he have to lose, he loses most games any way.

You need two Vs to get the best from V. Osimhen. VOLUME and VERSATILITY. That is all you need, nothing more, and nothing less. Any team on this planet with volume and versatility is GUARANTEED goals from Osimhen.

Osimhen's game is largely built on work rate, it is NOT about efficiency. It is also built on dynamism. You cannot have a team with a limited tactical bandwidth and expect to get the best from Osimhen. It simply will not work.

Right now we have NEITHER of the two Vs

What volume is not, volume is not possession and volume is not shots on goal. When I say volume, I mean the number of clear chances and half chances a game, that number needs to be reasonably high. Which means service MUST be good. But it is more than this, the attacks must be varied. I watched the first half of both matches...the attacks were so predictable and most of the time it seemed like we were just copying and pasting our attacks. Osimhen cannot thrive in such a system. You need to have good aerial delivery, you need to have through balls, you need to have interplay from the midfield, two midfielders take two defenders out of the equation, 1-2 forwards rushing ahead, 1-2 other forwards acting as dummies, things like that. Osimhen is a player that thrives when he has different 'looks'. Sometimes his right foot simply isn't on, sometimes his left foot isn't on, some days the only way he is going to score is with the head.

I have watched games of Osimhen where everything is going wrong with one type of finish, then he gets a varied attack and boom, scores a world class goal with ANOTHER part of the body.

What makes Victor Osimhen world class is NOT any single attribute, it is the whole suite of possibilities. If you think you are going to have a basic attack and Vic Osimhen will simply shine, then you are being very foolish. You need VOLUME and VERSATILITY. I am bluffing, if Peseiro is reading this, I have your money ready.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

airwolex wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:51 pm
You and I obviously saw very different games today. Moffi had no impact on the game today; none whatsoever❗️

Cheers.