Samson Siasia: "FIFA cannot remove my name from history books"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Samson Siasia: "FIFA cannot remove my name from history books"

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Samson Siasia: "FIFA cannot remove my name from history books"

Post by Bigpokey24 »

So one year left on his ban, hopefully he gets back August 2024. Once Paseiro disgraces us finish come Janu/Feb 2024, we can go local, I still believe SSS can come good for us
SuperEagles

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The best Nigerian coach! If Salisu can be forgiven so should SSS
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm The best Nigerian coach! If Salisu can be forgiven so should SSS

SMH...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

txj wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:01 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:45 pm The best Nigerian coach! If Salisu can be forgiven so should SSS
SMH...
Me too on the highlighted.
Sentiments dictates our opinions most times, and we complain when reality strikes.
When SiaSia returns, he should go to a local club or MLS, and begin re-inventing himself.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:18 pm
SMH...
Sentiments dictates our opinions most times, and we complain when reality strikes.
When SiaSia returns, he should go to a local club or MLS, and begin re-inventing himself.
Our opinions and our actions.
Listening to him, sentiment is pushing me saying to ‘give him the SE job’.
But he has a blemished career and we can’t deny that.
By allowing sentiment to prevail over principle, we are telling others that it’s ‘okay’.
Salisu Yusuf is an another example.

And now Tinubu is about to be President.
Nigeria - all sentiment, no principles.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Mba abeg Siasia no near our eagles! E get why!:)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

gochino wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:02 pm Mba abeg Siasia no near our eagles! E get why!:)
forgive and forget
SuperEagles

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:06 pm
:rotf: " Someone ran away and I took over" This guy na trouble maker, he hasn’t changed.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:20 am
SMH...
By allowing sentiment to prevail over principle, we are telling others that it’s ‘okay’.

Has Tinubu been convicted of drug trafficking ? The claim was he laundered money for criminals about 35 years ago but has never been convicted of any crime.If Tinubu was dealing drugs in America he would have been imprisoned.

Which Nigerian in diaspora hasn’t done some ‘Odu’ at some time? Please let’s leave Tinubu’s name out of this discussion.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:51 pm
SMH...

Has Tinubu been convicted of drug trafficking ? The claim was he laundered money for criminals about 35 years ago but has never been convicted of any crime.If Tinubu was dealing drugs in America he would have been imprisoned.

Which Nigerian in diaspora hasn’t done some ‘Odu’ at some time? Please let’s leave Tinubu’s name out of this discussion.
Wow,
So you actually believe every Nigerian abroad is oducious?
That says a lot about you and your circle.

FYI...I have NEVER done any odu since I have been in this country from the mid nineties.
NONE.
And neither has ANY member of my family.
That's at least SIX Nigerians. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:28 pm
SMH...

Wow,

FYI...I have NEVER done any odu since I have been in this country from the mid nineties.
NONE.
so you've never done something wrong before in your life. Ok carry on ..kai see human being
SuperEagles

joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:33 pm
gochino wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:02 pm Mba abeg Siasia no near our eagles! E get why!:)
forgive and forget
Humans are not God, so we forgive and allow him to re-invent himself.
The 'forgetting' part is harder, and you know it. Amnesia is not normal.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:35 pm
SMH...

Wow,

NONE.
so you've never done something wrong before in your life. Ok carry on ..kai see human being
If you hadn't misspent your whole youth feeding your face in Surulere's 'Olaiya Bukka' and 'Designer Kitchen' you would have known the meaning of odu.

Instead you are now walking around eating spare ribs with your fake American accent 'designed' to match your two fake American passports you so like to boast about. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:53 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:35 pm

SMH...

Wow,

NONE.
If you hadn't misspent your whole youth feeding your face in Surulere's 'Olaiya Bukka' and 'Designer Kitchen' you would have known the meaning of odu.

Instead you are now walking around eating spare ribs with your fake American accent 'designed' to match your two fake American passports you so like to boast about. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
i do not understand this post, i am actually trying to figure out what this means. What has odu( fraud, thief, hit, sell or steal ) got to do with what was posted
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Let the man rebuild his reputation first before thinking about offering him a job. FYI not MLS will touch him like someone suggested. Whether he did it or not, he was found guilty and was lucky to have his suspension reduced.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:00 pm Let the man rebuild his reputation first before thinking about offering him a job. FYI not MLS will touch him like someone suggested. Whether he did it or not, he was found guilty and was lucky to have his suspension reduced.
have you in your entire life ever broken the law before ? Matters not if your caught or not. Do not tell lies
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Was he ever involved as alleged ? because if he is innocent then NFF & CAF ought to be the ones seeking justice for him. he should sue all of them for defamation, not in the US like he did but in one of the most local courts in Nigeria where they would issue an arrest warrant of the FIFA president
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

He should sue Fifa, CAF and Nff and whatever confederation they claimed the wuru wuru happened in Nigeria simple &, force them to come and defend themselves in Ikwere local govt court
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

He is lucky to have escaped prison! He has to reinvent himself.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Honesty, Samson Siasia's case was the classic: the powerful v the weak. Think about it. First, FIFA at no time established that Siasia actually took or acted on a bribe. This is as far as I can recall. Yet, FIFA with all its powers clamped down on Siasia for a life sentence. In my view, Siasia could be blamed (I hope he learned his lessons) for not responding timely to a charge and only reacted after FIFA had issued a ban plus over $50,000 in fines. Over what? That he had a conversation with a fixer. Yet at no point did Siasia act on the request of the fixer. All these are part of the record. What Siasia ultimately is guilty of is failure to act on a charge. Was he wishing it away? I do not know but his lack of funds to fight such a case came back to haunt him. A respite for him has to be the case he filed at CAS against FIFA which did not expunge all, but considered FIFA's punishment to be excessive and subsequently reducing his punishment to 5 years.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:31 pm Honesty, Samson Siasia's case was the classic: the powerful v the weak. Think about it. First, FIFA at no time established that Siasia actually took or acted on a bribe. This is as far as I can recall. Yet, FIFA with all its powers clamped down on Siasia for a life sentence. In my view, Siasia could be blamed (I hope he learned his lessons) for not responding timely to a charge and only reacted after FIFA had issued a ban plus over $50,000 in fines. Over what? That he had a conversation with a fixer. Yet at no point did Siasia act on the request of the fixer. All these are part of the record. What Siasia ultimately is guilty of is failure to act on a charge. Was he wishing it away? I do not know but his lack of funds to fight such a case came back to haunt him. A respite for him has to be the case he filed at CAS against FIFA which did not expunge all, but considered FIFA's punishment to be excessive and subsequently reducing his punishment to 5 years.

Not acting on it is not sufficient grounds for defence. There are similar cases, but I do not recall one in which the accused completely failed to respond.

You have to wonder, what was he doing in the first case having a conversation with a fixer, and why did he not report it...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp