Second ‘Yellow Card’ Knocks out Uzoho from S’Leone Clash

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

An unnecessary time wasting antic has knocked out Francis Uzoho from Super Eagles’ next Africa Cup of Nations qualifying match against Sierra Leone in June.

The Omonia Nicosia safe hands was flashed a second yellow card in the 90+2 minute of the clash with Guinea Bissau yesterday by the Moroccan referee.

He had earlier been cautioned for the same reason in the Match- day 1 against Sierra Leone in Abuja last June.

That caution came in the 86th minute as Nigeria precariously held their slim 2-1 lead over Sierra Leone in Abuja.

Incidentally, it is the reverse leg against Sierra Leone that Uzoho will miss. This is in accordance to Article 42.1 of the Regulations of the Africa Cup of Nations, “a player who receives two cautions shall be automatically suspended from playing the following match.

Other Super Eagles players on ‘danger’ list include: Calvin Bassey, Kenneth Omeruo and Oghenekaro Etebo who are all on one yellow cards each.

Calvin Bassey and Oghenekaro Etebo were cautioned in Nigeria’s opening match with Sierra Leone while Omeruo got his yellow card in the 36th minute of the match in Guinea Bissau.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2 ... one-clash/
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Second ‘Yellow Card’ Knocks out Uzoho from S’Leone Clash

Post by maceo4 »

Time for Noble! 👏🏾
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Finally Adeleye gets his chance. Thank You :clap:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The players have threatened to boycott next games over unpaid bonuses. 19 matches.

And we wonder why SE is shambles.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:46 am The players have threatened to boycott next games over unpaid bonuses. 19 matches.

And we wonder why SE is shambles.
19 matches? I don’t believe it. Sauce pls.
:shock:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Let them boycott. If we cannot use Bendel Insurance to manage 1 point vs Salone and Sao Tome, make we just focus on table tennis
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:

maceo4 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:37 am Time for Noble! 👏🏾
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

27 goals conceeded in 27 games. Great goalkeeper.
bret- hart wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:43 am Finally Adeleye gets his chance. Thank You :clap:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Noble was a massive basket a few days ago vs Bendel insurance
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are trying too much. You must want to be Biancaed.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm Noble was a massive basket a few days ago vs Bendel insurance
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:56 pm You are trying too much. You must want to be Biancaed.
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:53 pm Noble was a massive basket a few days ago vs Bendel insurance
I have no idea on what you are talking about. However, Noble is actually one of the worst goalies I have seen. No wonder he is yet to play a single game for the SE.
SuperEagles

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Invite Adeleye, Okoye, and either Arthur Okonkwo or the best goalie from the NPFL, whoever that is.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 pm Invite Adeleye, Okoye, and either Arthur Okonkwo or the best goalie from the NPFL, whoever that is.
What happened to the two that were deputising Uzoho vs GB?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I would be very hesitant to start Aniagboso in a competitive game. Partly because I didn't really think he was special at the U-20 level. Others may disagree tho. Haven't seen Sochima play, but I would rather try him in a friendly first.

Also, are Aniagboso and
Sochima really the best local based goalies in the country? I do not know, but hope they are if they are being invited to the SE.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

olu wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:49 pm I would be very hesitant to start Aniagboso in a competitive game. Partly because I didn't really think he was special at the U-20 level. Others may disagree tho. Haven't seen Sochima play, but I would rather try him in a friendly first.

Also, are Aniagboso and
Sochima really the best local based goalies in the country? I do not know, but hope they are if they are being invited to the SE.
Aniagboso got the call up due to his performances with our U20's so less about him being our best domestic players given he plays in the NNL (2nd division).
Sochima on the other hand is definitely up there with the best in the domestic scene with his performances last season and this season on the continent
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We are set at the Goalkeeper position with Noble, Sochima, and Aniagboso / Nwosu. No Gaza based basket should be allowed near the team, ever again. His 2 minutes of fame is over!
Sunset wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:48 pm
olu wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:49 pm I would be very hesitant to start Aniagboso in a competitive game. Partly because I didn't really think he was special at the U-20 level. Others may disagree tho. Haven't seen Sochima play, but I would rather try him in a friendly first.

Also, are Aniagboso and
Aniagboso got the call up due to his performances with our U20's so less about him being our best domestic players given he plays in the NNL (2nd division).
Sochima on the other hand is definitely up there with the best in the domestic scene with his performances last season and this season on the continent
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Big opportunity for Okoye to win his place back in the team
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Flex Swift wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:03 pm Big opportunity for Okoye to win his place back in the team
Maybe, but seems the new coach no fancy am…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

All the saves I saw Aniagboso make at the U20 AFCON looked pretty routine to me. Not convinced about his abilities yet.
1naija wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:56 pm We are set at the Goalkeeper position with Noble, Sochima, and Aniagboso / Nwosu. No Gaza based basket should be allowed near the team, ever again. His 2 minutes of fame is over!

Also, are Aniagboso and
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you notice any acrobatic saves from Uzoho in the 2 games we played? They are all routine goalkeepers o. It's a matter of who has more routine saves than the other. :D
olu wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:13 pm All the saves I saw Aniagboso make at the U20 AFCON looked pretty routine to me. Not convinced about his abilities yet.
1naija wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:56 pm We are set at the Goalkeeper position with Noble, Sochima, and Aniagboso / Nwosu. No Gaza based basket should be allowed near the team, ever again. His 2 minutes of fame is over!

Also, are Aniagboso and
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olu wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 pm Invite Adeleye, Okoye, and either Arthur Okonkwo or the best goalie from the NPFL, whoever that is.
This isn't necessary given the circumstance. First Uzoho will be suspended for just one game, the first, against a team Nigeria previously beat 10-0. One would think one of the other two keepers can start that game with the other on the bench and Uzoho undressed. Second, Uzoho will be fully available for the following game against Sierra Leone which occurs during the same international break. Thus, I see no reason inviting a new goalkeeper at all except as part of trying out bodies but not really because of one game suspension of Uzoho.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 am
This isn't necessary given the circumstance. First Uzoho will be suspended for just one game, the first, against a team Nigeria previously beat 10-0. One would think one of the other two keepers can start that game with the other on the bench and Uzoho undressed. Second, Uzoho will be fully available for the following game against Sierra Leone which occurs during the same international break. Thus, I see no reason inviting a new goalkeeper at all except as part of trying out bodies but not really because of one game suspension of Uzoho.
we play Salone in June , probably in Morocco
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This how we said we should rest our top players against Guinea-Bissau because they were comon Guinea-Bissau.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 am