Second ‘Yellow Card’ Knocks out Uzoho from S’Leone Clash

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Second ‘Yellow Card’ Knocks out Uzoho from S’Leone Clash

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:03 pm This how we said we should rest our top players against Guinea-Bissau because they were comon Guinea-Bissau.
Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 am
olu wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 pm Invite Adeleye, Okoye, and either Arthur Okonkwo or the best goalie from the NPFL, whoever that is.
This isn't necessary given the circumstance. First Uzoho will be suspended for just one game, the first, against a team Nigeria previously beat 10-0. One would think one of the other two keepers can start that game with the other on the bench and Uzoho undressed. Second, Uzoho will be fully available for the following game against Sierra Leone which occurs during the same international break. Thus, I see no reason inviting a new goalkeeper at all except as part of trying out bodies but not really because of one game suspension of Uzoho.
1naija

Is he being rested? I thought he is suspended? Not so.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

EII, I am referring to your insinuation that because we beat Cape Verde 10 - 0, the two untested goalkeepers should be okay. All Cape Verde needs is score one lucky goal early, then park the bus, and we would be sweating bullets and calling for Peseiro to be fired and you will call for the whole team to be scrapped.😁
Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:46 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:03 pm This how we said we should rest our top players against Guinea-Bissau because they were comon Guinea-Bissau.
olu wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:55 pm Invite Adeleye, Okoye, and either Arthur Okonkwo or the best goalie from the NPFL, whoever that is.
This isn't necessary given the circumstance. First Uzoho will be suspended for just one game, the first, against a team Nigeria previously beat 10-0. One would think one of the other two keepers can start that game with the other on the bench and Uzoho undressed. Second, Uzoho will be fully available for the following game against Sierra Leone which occurs during the same international break. Thus, I see no reason inviting a new goalkeeper at all except as part of trying out bodies but not really because of one game suspension of Uzoho.
1naija

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:33 pm EII, I am referring to your insinuation that because we beat Cape Verde 10 - 0, the two untested goalkeepers should be okay. All Cape Verde needs is score one lucky goal early, then park the bus, and we would be sweating bullets and calling for Peseiro to be fired and you will call for the whole team to be scrapped.😁
1naija

1naija

Good that you noted it as YOUR INSINUATION. That is not mine. My point is simply that Uzoho will still be available in that window and there was no need to call up anyone else since we already have three goalkeepers and only two can be dressed for each game. Uzoho will not be dressed in the game that he will miss.

BTW, when did Uzoho become the new Vincent Enyeama???? Just asking.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That makes sense.

But when did Vincent Enyeama become Jorge Campos or Oliver Kahn?
Enugu II wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:04 pm
1naija wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:33 pm EII, I am referring to your insinuation that because we beat Cape Verde 10 - 0, the two untested goalkeepers should be okay. All Cape Verde needs is score one lucky goal early, then park the bus, and we would be sweating bullets and calling for Peseiro to be fired and you will call for the whole team to be scrapped.😁
1naija

1naija

Good that you noted it as YOUR INSINUATION. That is not mine. My point is simply that Uzoho will still be available in that window and there was no need to call up anyone else since we already have three goalkeepers and only two can be dressed for each game. Uzoho will not be dressed in the game that he will miss.

BTW, when did Uzoho become the new Vincent Enyeama???? Just asking.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.