About Chukwueze

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
About Chukwueze

Post by vancity eagle »

Many may not agree with me, but I actually thought these 2 games for him were a massive improvement on his usual SE performance.

Yes he made a lot of poor decisions and killed many birds but I thought at times he combined well with Samuel and I also thought apart from Samuel he was definately our most dangerous player.

He was dribbling in the box, making cut backs, getting into good shooting positions. He was creating space for himself. Something that useless cul de sac dancer Simon was unable to do.

I will also blame the pitch for some of Chuks inaccurate shooting , we will see better from him on better fields.

I would rather a player who creates chances and gets into dangerous positions and screws them up than have a player who cannot even do that (Simon and Musa)

Chuks was taking on men in the box , something hr wasn't even doing in his recent matches.

The shooting and final balls will come good, especially on better pitches, and with good direction from coach.

Moses Simon on the other hand should be in the category with Ahmed Musa. Retired from national team.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: About Chukwueze

Post by olu »

He was a bit selfish in the last game. There were 2 situations in which he could have made the simple pass to a wide open Osimhen. He also needs to look for the overlapping run of his FB a bit more.

His inability to use his right leg make shim predictable. I would like to see him play on the left in a friendly at least once or see him switch to the left occasionally during games.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Chukwueze did very well in the last 2 games, the best I’ve seen him play for SE. Dude is a potential monster for defenders, he has it all but he’s about 65% of his true potential. He’ll probably need another season to fully blossom into an unstoppable winger. The game is still happening too fast in his head, once he slows down mentally and he’s able to see what’s goin on around him he’ll be a world class player. We’ve seen the shame with Osihmen. it’s all about decision making for him now.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Chukwueze was a headless chicken in the 2 games! His performance was simply horrible! The Abuja game was an eyesore! He should learn how to cross, this is 2023 nobody gives a hoot about legovers for the gallery, outpace your man and cross the ball.
Peter Obi For President 2023
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Babalawo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:22 am Chukwueze was a headless chicken in the 2 games! His performance was simply horrible! The Abuja game was an eyesore! He should learn how to cross, this is 2023 nobody gives a hoot about legovers for the gallery, outpace your man and cross the ball.
What happens when his marker has pace too? This is 2023, can’t just run around your marker when he can run too. Best way to beat him is with IQ.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:42 pm Many may not agree with me, but I actually thought these 2 games for him were a massive improvement on his usual SE performance.

Yes he made a lot of poor decisions and killed many birds but I thought at times he combined well with Samuel and I also thought apart from Samuel he was definately our most dangerous player.

He was dribbling in the box, making cut backs, getting into good shooting positions. He was creating space for himself. Something that useless cul de sac dancer Simon was unable to do.

I will also blame the pitch for some of Chuks inaccurate shooting , we will see better from him on better fields.

I would rather a player who creates chances and gets into dangerous positions and screws them up than have a player who cannot even do that (Simon and Musa)

Chuks was taking on men in the box , something hr wasn't even doing in his recent matches.

The shooting and final balls will come good, especially on better pitches, and with good direction from coach.

Moses Simon on the other hand should be in the category with Ahmed Musa. Retired from national team.
I'm not a big fan of dribbling in the box. A good way to lose the ball. Either pass to a better placed player or take the shot!

Wha choo looking at?!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

He is useless just like Kelechi.
If I am payed the kind of money he is making, I would have learned to shoot with my rt foot even in my sleep.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:46 am He is useless just like Kelechi.
If I am payed the kind of money he is making, I would have learned to shoot with my rt foot even in my sleep.
ANC

Can Chukwueze shoot with his left? Just asking. How can a guy repeatedly shoot the ball wide off target even with his good foot? Just asking. This is a guy supposedly under European professional tutelage for how many years now?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:50 am
ANC

Can Chukwueze shoot with his left? Just asking. How can a guy repeatedly shoot the ball wide off target even with his good foot? Just asking. This is a guy supposedly under European professional tutelage for how many years now?
Well, I find many Nigerians to be professionally lazy.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:42 pm Many may not agree with me, but I actually thought these 2 games for him were a massive improvement on his usual SE performance.

You got to be kidding right? Chukwueze was so bad they shouldn’t even bother rating his performance.

He hasn’t shown up for SE to the level of his club performance but the last 2 games were diabolical.
SE could have done better with 10 men than having him play. It was that bad especially in Abuja.

As soon as he touches the ball , the rest of his team mates should start going into defensive shape because he was sure to lose it or shoot aimlessly.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ANC wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:19 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:50 am
ANC

Well, I find many Nigerians to be professionally lazy.
Considering there are 200m of us, there will always be “many” lazy Nigerians. But collectively, we are not professionally lazy. We dey try,

Apart from our coaches of course. Because in that department, “we ain’t got none”.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I heard he did well in Abuja but I am sorry, he was the worst player on the pitch in the second leg. Moses Simon was bad but at least every once in a while he would make some good plays.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Superb cross Samu..

You simply can't overstate the importance of a good pitch in creating a platform for the technical quality of players to come through.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Earned the PK for the first goal.
2-0 Villarreal

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a miss by Samu although it would have been called back for offsides

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:16 pm

Superb cross Samu..

You simply can't overstate the importance of a good pitch in creating a platform for the technical quality of players to come through.
But my biggest issues with him was his decision making...first to always cut inside even when the defender was giving you the outside, then always being selfish and picking the wrong pass at the wrong moments. Those things don't have to do with the pitch. I just don't know what happens to him once he puts on that GWG, its like he starts doing things he knows would get him benched at his club...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The last 2 games he played for SE have been a VAST improvement on his games for SE over the past 2 years. The last good game before these was the game vs Ukraine. Good pitch, no coincidence.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:51 am The last 2 games he played for SE have been a VAST improvement on his games for SE over the past 2 years. The last good game before these was the game vs Ukraine. Good pitch, no coincidence.

Dude was rated 8/10 today in a game he didn’t score or assist,he’s playing the best ball of his career right now. I wouldn’t take his SE games seriously because of the quality of the pitch and the lack of structure.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:50 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:51 am The last 2 games he played for SE have been a VAST improvement on his games for SE over the past 2 years. The last good game before these was the game vs Ukraine. Good pitch, no coincidence.

Dude was rated 8/10 today in a game he didn’t score or assist,he’s playing the best ball of his career right now. I wouldn’t take his SE games seriously because of the quality of the pitch and the lack of structure.
i agree.

but i also think his last 2 SE games are some his best SE games on African soil. He was heavily involved unlike most other matches he was shut down and anonymous.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:50 am

So same applies to Lookman abi? :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Superb cross Samu..

I dont know why this simple fact is so hard for some people to understand.

The retort that both teams play on the same field doesn't hold water.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Superb cross Samu..

Naaa. His poor decision-making when he plays for the Eagles has ZERO to do with the pitch.

Rather it is about a lack of respect for his teammates or coaching staff. So he plays however he wants.

He is not the first player who when they play for the National team tends to play however they want to play and gives zero shitz about playing to instruction or bringing his teammates along.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:45 pm

Superb cross Samu..

Naaa. His poor decision-making when he plays for the Eagles has ZERO to do with the pitch.

Rather it is about a lack of respect for his teammates or coaching staff. So he plays however he wants.

He is not the first player who when they play for the National team tends to play however they want to play and gives zero shitz about playing to instruction or bringing his teammates along.

There are always multiple factors at play, including the players mistakes.

This also includes the lack of clarity in the tactical decisions of the coach in how to play in wide areas, as well as the relationships between the players, when the ball is wide, when the wide player cuts in, etc

I don't understand what Peseiro is doing and why its taking so long for the game plan to fully emerge...