Peseiro Pleads for Patience

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Peseiro Pleads for Patience

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://guardian.ng/sport/football/pese ... CvdZx9lXdk

Super Eagles coach, Jose Peseiro, is pleading for more time to build a formidable senior national team. The Portuguese, who said the ingredients for a successful team are available in the current Nigerian squad, believes he has the capacity to turn the Super Eagles into a worldclass side.

Speaking after Monday’s Cote d’Ivoire 2023 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Guinea Bissau in Bissau, which Nigeria won 1-0, Peseiro said circumstances beyond the team’s control contributed to the poor shows in the two-legged tie.

He said, “We played much better than we did in the first leg in Abuja, because the Bissau pitch is much better than the MKO Abiola Stadium. We lost many scoring chances in the two games because the players are still trying to blend. But we had chances to have beaten them 6-0 in Abuja and may be 5-0 in the second leg.” He expressed satisfaction with the over all performance of his players, adding that all they need is more time to blend into a formidable side.

“We created clear opportunities and controlled the game, but we could not get our finishing right. We have one of the best strikers in Europe and some of the top stars in their clubs; so, I believe that with time, we will start playing to Nigerians’ expectations.”

He acknowledged that Nigerians were becoming impatient with the Super Eagles because of their recent poor outings, adding, however, that the emerging national team would satisfy fans’ aspirations.

“I know Nigerians like good football, which was why the last coach was sacked. I am assuring the fans that things will soon change. We will soon start playing good football,” he said.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro leads for Patience

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I agree with him. We were schit before him and we’re still schit somebody has to fix it.We must continue with the fixing and bite the bullet once and for all. Worse thing that can happen is that he qualifies for Afcon and doesn’t do well and gets fired anyway. Or, we could luck out and do well. Let’s have some continuity for once.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro Pleads for Patience

Post by vancity eagle »

We can't keep firing coaches. We will just keep sliding downhill. It isn't like he will be replaced by a good coach if he is fired.

Remember it took Cisse a long time before Senegal finally came good.

These calls for sacking are just emotional and those with agendas.

But seriously if he cannot adapt beyond 442, then he gots to go. I blame Eguavoens youtube presentation.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 am We can't keep firing coaches. We will just keep sliding downhill. It isn't like he will be replaced by a good coach if he is fired.

But seriously if he cannot adapt beyond 442, then he gots to go. I blame Eguavoens youtube presentation.
Look who is talking about "emotional" and "agendas". If you lose to CAR or Guinea Bissau fans are entitled to call for your head. Many that loved Keshi in the end, called for his head after some silly home losses.

Personally, I didn't think the last game was bad for an away game. We need to find our best eleven and settle with it. Too many personnel changes. Once we have a more settled team, we will be fine.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Fix the pitch issues , so he has no excuses. Even Sudan has better pitches compared to Nigeria. I am talking pitches and not stadium structure
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:32 am Fix the pitch issues , so he has no excuses. Even Sudan has better pitches compared to Nigeria. I am talking pitches and not stadium structure
It is shocking how many African countries I saw that are supposedly worse off than Nigeria with better pitches than our rubbish.

Even Peseiro stated that Guinea Bissaus pitch was better. What a damn shame.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

aruako1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:06 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:12 am We can't keep firing coaches. We will just keep sliding downhill. It isn't like he will be replaced by a good coach if he is fired.

Look who is talking about "emotional" and "agendas". If you lose to CAR or Guinea Bissau fans are entitled to call for your head. Many that loved Keshi in the end, called for his head after some silly home losses.

Personally, I didn't think the last game was bad for an away game. We need to find our best eleven and settle with it. Too many personnel changes. Once we have a more settled team, we will be fine.
They called for Keshis head because he FAILED to qualify for afcon. It was a number of poor results, Not because of one individual loss.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Why don't you exercise the same level of patience for local coaches as you do for foreign ones? You seem hypocritical. I understand you may be carrying feelings of anger from the injustice you suffered while in Nigeria, which may have led you to escape to Canada. However, because of this, you may treat every local coach with suspicion and not offer them the same level of grace as you do to foreign coaches. You even seem to disrespect them when they have passed away, which shows the level of disdain you have for local coaches. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience take your word seriously and trust that it is coming from a good place in your heart
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Which local coach have I not been patient with ?

First of all I was anti Keshi not necessarily because of results, but because he turned SE into an agency business. Blatantly so.

Do you think you should just keep firing coaches every time the team falters ?

Especially when the bloody NFF cannot even provide a proper pitch.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The truth be told, Peseiro will not get any handshakes on this.....this is a new NFF leadership and manager hunting is a nest of gold for the hunters... that is reality.....if you understand Nigeria, the only thing to save Peseiro is a crisis that distracts NFF to buy Peseiro time to right this team. Without that, he is hanging by the thread until his contract runs out. Bet on it. Money rules.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:34 pm Which local coach have I not been patient with ?

First of all I was anti Keshi not necessarily because of results, but because he turned SE into an agency business. Blatantly so.

Do you think you should just keep firing coaches every time the team falters ?

Especially when the bloody NFF cannot even provide a proper pitch.
Regarding the coach, you mentioned being "anti-Keshi" due to his apparent turning of the SE into an "agency business." Without more context, it's difficult for me to provide a definitive response. However, it's important to evaluate a coach's performance based on their results and approach to the game, rather than personal feelings or outside factors.

I agree that it's important to note that firing coaches every time the team falters is not a sustainable solution. It's essential to have a stable coaching staff and support system to build a successful team over time. The issue I have with you is that you don't offer that level of grace towards the indigenous coaches which is very strange for a person who is supposed to be a Nigerian.
As for the NFF's role in supporting the team, it's understandable to feel frustrated with the lack of proper pitch and other resources

It's important to evaluate coaches based on their performance and approach to the game rather than personal feelings. Based on that metric, Passeiro is performing terribly. I repeat with Passeiro at the helm, SE will undoubtedly fail.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

i agreed but he needs to take care of home-based team also to coach them also ,
thanks
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

He needs to move faster on building the team. He did not need the Abuja performance to know that both Ndidi and Kele are not at the required level...

He needs to assume control of his team and I don't see much evidence of him doing that.
A professional manager will not still have Musa in the team or accept the FB/HB quota

However, firing him now would be another disaster in timing/decision-making, after the one re Rohr..

We have to wait for AFCON to make that decision...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

txj wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:40 pm He needs to move faster on building the team. He did not need the Abuja performance to know that both Ndidi and Kele are not at the required level...

He needs to assume control of his team and I don't see much evidence of him doing that.
A professional manager will not still have Musa in the team or accept the FB/HB quota

However, firing him now would be another disaster in timing/decision-making, after the one re Rohr..

txj, the unrepentant purveyor of falsehood. Where did Peseiro ever say or hint that Ndidi or keke are not at the required level? In fact, he said quite clearly that he was satisfied with the overall performance of his players. You know what, when they appoint you the coach of the SuperEagles, feel free to drop Ndidi and Kele. Until then, stop feeding this forum with your preposterous lies❗️

Cheers.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Peseiro leads for Patience

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:19 am I agree with him. We were schit before him and we’re still schit somebody has to fix it.We must continue with the fixing and bite the bullet once and for all. Worse thing that can happen is that he qualifies for Afcon and doesn’t do well and gets fired anyway. Or, we could luck out and do well. Let’s have some continuity for once.
I agree as well. Let's let the coach do his work. Enough firing of our coaches. For me, I want our current coach to do his work in peace, instead of these threats to fire him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:54 pm
txj wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:40 pm He needs to move faster on building the team. He did not need the Abuja performance to know that both Ndidi and Kele are not at the required level...

txj, the unrepentant purveyor of falsehood. Where did Peseiro ever say or hint that Ndidi or keke are not at the required level? In fact, he said quite clearly that he was satisfied with the overall performance of his players. You know what, when they appoint you the coach of the SuperEagles, feel free to drop Ndidi and Kele. Until then, stop feeding this forum with your preposterous lies❗️

Cheers.

First I never claimed he said so. I AM saying so and based on the evidence at both club and recent NT level.

And if as you claim, he's satisfied with his players, then that proves my point about his mediocrity...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Paserio MUST BE and WILL BE fired! He is not the one for SE. His record is atrocious, he communication is atrocious. Anyone who wants this guy for the SE doesn't wish the SE well. My goodness, who hired this dude? Shocking! No one in good conscience can say that this dude is befitting for Nigeria.