Questian: When Was the Last Time Nigeria Eagles were Fun to watch?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

donadoni
Egg
Egg
Re: Questian: When Was the Last Time Nigeria Eagles were Fun to watch?

Post by donadoni »

We have had some exciting games here and there. But without being too nostalgic I haven’t felt that consistent sense of “anything is possible excitement” since we had JJ in the team. Since those days we have improved in terms of less chaotic preparations and player revolts etc..but we haven’t had true Naija swagger for quite a while. These days we can lose at home to Guinea Bissau and just take it as a bad day at the office. At one point (apart from a penalty loss to Cameroon in the Afcon final) I think we had a record of never losing at home for 30+ years from the early 1980s onwards. There’s something to that. Sometimes there’s fine line between Naija arrogance and Naija confidence..but with this new euro-generation of players we miss something.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

when they played Ghana last
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:01 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:03 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:46 pm
Damunk wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:25 pm Against Ukraine.
That was a fun match. Number of reasons it was good.

1. 433
2. Good pitch
3. Ukraine did not sit back so we get space.
Second half was not fun for me. We should have won that match 2-1. Aribo balled in that match.
The reason 2nd half was poor was because Rohr brought in that carpenter Esiti. I believe he was responsible for conceding both goals.
Haba get his name right…it the mechanic :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

donadoni wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:49 pm We have had some exciting games here and there. But without being too nostalgic I haven’t felt that consistent sense of “anything is possible excitement” since we had JJ in the team. Since those days we have improved in terms of less chaotic preparations and player revolts etc..but we haven’t had true Naija swagger for quite a while. These days we can lose at home to Guinea Bissau and just take it as a bad day at the office. At one point (apart from a penalty loss to Cameroon in the Afcon final) I think we had a record of never losing at home for 30+ years from the early 1980s onwards. There’s something to that. Sometimes there’s fine line between Naija arrogance and Naija confidence..but with this new euro-generation of players we miss something.
You don’t think we are “missing something” with our home-based teams like CHAN, U23, and U-20s?
Bottom line is the game is constantly changing and we are not keeping up.
I mean, ordinary correct pitch we no fit provide.
Salary and bonuses we no fit pay…
National team training in the dark is the latest fiasco….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

2013 Afcon. All knock out games plus the final
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:03 am 2013 Afcon. All knock out games plus the final
I’m not sure those knock out games were ‘fun’.
Too much tension.

Let’s check the threads..
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rawlings wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 pm when they played Ghana last
If you keep showing up only to troll, you will get banned. Consider this a warning!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Keshi's 2013 team was fun to watch. The team was underrated initially due to our poor form going into the tournament. SE failed to qualify for the 2012 edition. But the 2013 team turned out to be a surprisingly good team with good flowing play. The group stage looked terrible, but that was the toughest group in the competition, with the reigning champions and the two teams that made the final coming from that group.

Next, our 2017 team that qualified for the WC was good to watch. They sucked after qualifying, but during the qualifying stages, they were enjoyable to watch. The likes of Balogun, Moses, Iwobi, Ighalo, and Obi were all in top form.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Orion wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:58 am Keshi's 2013 team was fun to watch. The team was underrated initially due to our poor form going into the tournament. SE failed to qualify for the 2012 edition. But the 2013 team turned out to be a surprisingly good team with good flowing play. The group stage looked terrible, but that was the toughest group in the competition, with the reigning champions and the two teams that made the final coming from that group.

Next, our 2017 team that qualified for the WC was good to watch. They sucked after qualifying, but during the qualifying stages, they were enjoyable to watch. The likes of Balogun, Moses, Iwobi, Ighalo, and Obi were all in top form.
Gbam!!!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

It's been a while. Very good question.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!