The BELL Tolls for Peseiro....Is it Too Late to Save his job?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The BELL Tolls for Peseiro....Is it Too Late to Save his job?

Post by txj »

Babalawo wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:10 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:46 pm To me, it's simple, if he qualifies for AFCON, extend the contract until after AFCON.

A bad coach is a bad coach, extending the inevitable is just a sorry excuse for keeping this junk of a coach. He should be fired immediately, the stats are there to prove how mediocre he is.

After how many competitive games?

Surely that is not how to run a NT...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:22 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:03 pm
Ugbowo wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:46 pm To me, it's simple, if he qualifies for AFCON, extend the contract until after AFCON.
I can’t believe what you just wrote. Qualifying as one of two teams from a group of 4 that includes Sao Tome, Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone should not be a reason to extend his contract. The guy is a poor coach, in fact an extremely poor one. We should just start all over again and go get the right one.
He might be a poor coach but I’m sure he knows more than you. What is also true is that the Nff, indeed most Nigerian fans are poorer at choosing a coach than Peseiro is at Coaching. Anyway you look at it we won’t have a choice. Peseiro should stay until after Afcon if he qualifies. Any attempt to replace him now will lead to the wrong choice and we’ll probably have to fire whoever replaces him After Afcon anyway.
Do you guys still believe in Peseiro? Sebi I talk am?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

wiseone wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:46 am
Is what this man is saying true? For all one knows, the NFF was front and center in re-negotiating and renewing Peseiro's contract. Now, they are passing the buck. If the Ministry was in the back room, who cares?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:00 pm
Is what this man is saying true? For all one knows, the NFF was front and center in re-negotiating and renewing Peseiro's contract. Now, they are passing the buck. If the Ministry was in the back room, who cares?
EII,

He’s obviously talking nonsense. I seem to recall that the minister strongly opposed his hiring🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:06 pm
Enugu II wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:00 pm
EII,

He’s obviously talking nonsense. I seem to recall that the minister strongly opposed his hiring🤔❗️

Cheers.
Look at this “chop money face.” They are trying to pass the blame. We all know they renegotiated that man’s contract to save 20k/month. This is why I despise Nigeria media. They don’t call these guys out on their BS. They only hide and do it via social media or let the public do their job for them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .