Why Has Peseiro Received only 3 Months Salary?........

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why Has Peseiro Received only 3 Months Salary?........

Post by Enugu II »

Exclusive: Peseiro Receives N156.4m Partial Payment From NFF; Other Coaches Paid Too
4 March 29, 2023 9:33 pm
Exclusive: Peseiro Receives N156.4m Partial Payment From NFF; Other Coaches Paid Too
https://www.completesports.com/exclusiv ... -paid-too/

Completesports.com can exclusively report that Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has been paid $210,000 (about N156,400,000), being three of the 10 months salary owed him by the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.

Completesports.com also gathered that head coaches of other national teams like the Super Falcons, U-23 Eagles, Flying Eagles, Falconets, Golden Eaglets and the Flamingos were paid between five and seven months salaries.

Before this latest payment, Peseiro was not paid a salary since he was engaged in May 2022 by the Amaju Pinnick-led Executive Board of the NFF. The Portuguese was contracted following an assurance by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Chief Sunday Dare, that the Federal Government will pick the bills of a foreign coach after the Austin Eguavoen-led technical crew failed to qualify Nigeria for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

NFF President, Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau, who confirmed the payment of some outstanding salaries to national team coaches told Completesports.com that the payments were made from the funds from its affiliate international bodies.

Gusau debunked an online newspaper report that Peseiro’s salary was not paid all this while because the NFF insisted on the salary being paid first into the NFF’s account before the coach can be paid.

“There is no truth in that publication because the sports ministry did not at any time ask the NFF to furnish it with Peseiro’s account details. Why will we do such? The coach is aware of the true situation and it is contrary to that report, ” Gusau explained.

“When I assumed office as President of the NFF, I demanded to see Peseiro’s contract and the approval by the Federal Government agreeing to pay the coach’s salary. But to my utter dismay, there was no approval. I was made to understand that the approval was verbal.

“This also surprised the Sports Minister who asked us to write to get the approval, this we did since last year. We are still waiting for the approval and subsequent payment of the salary of the Super Eagles’ coach.

“Whoever published that story – that the NFF refused to furnish the Ministry with Peseiro’s account details is a liar who does not mean well for football in Nigeria, ” Gusau who assumed office in September 2022 stated.

On bonuses and allowances owed to the various national teams, especially the Super Eagles, the NFF Boss said all that will be sorted out soon, adding that he has paid some allowances.

“The bills owed by the NFF are huge and we are working hard to offset them soon, ” Gusau concluded.

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Has Peseiro Receive d only 3 Months Salary?........

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Oga, is this a serious question? Are u saying you don't know why his salary hasn't been paid? I'm very disappointed in you lately. You're pretending as though you know anything about the many issues facing our football. The real question is, Where did they get the money from?.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

In reality, he deserves only one month of salary. What exactly should we pay him several months of salary for? If you or I don't perform on our jobs, we won't have a job, talkless be paid. Kudos to the NFF for owing him. They should tie the payment of his salary to performance.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:39 am In reality, he deserves only one month of salary. What exactly should we pay him several months of salary for? If you or I don't perform on our jobs, we won't have a job, talkless be paid. Kudos to the NFF for owing him. They should tie the payment of his salary to performance.
What job are u getting paid for? I get it. You’re a special assistant to Emperor Wike on football matters. On of the 35k special assistants. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Why Has Peseiro Received only 3 Months Salary?........

Post by Enugu II »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:16 am
4 March 29, 2023 9:33 pm
https://www.completesports.com/exclusiv ... -paid-too/

Completesports.com can exclusively report that Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has been paid $210,000 (about N156,400,000), being three of the 10 months salary owed him by the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF.

Completesports.com also gathered that head coaches of other national teams like the Super Falcons, U-23 Eagles, Flying Eagles, Falconets, Golden Eaglets and the Flamingos were paid between five and seven months salaries.

Before this latest payment, Peseiro was not paid a salary since he was engaged in May 2022 by the Amaju Pinnick-led Executive Board of the NFF. The Portuguese was contracted following an assurance by the Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Chief Sunday Dare, that the Federal Government will pick the bills of a foreign coach after the Austin Eguavoen-led technical crew failed to qualify Nigeria for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

NFF President, Alhaji Ibrahim Gusau, who confirmed the payment of some outstanding salaries to national team coaches told Completesports.com that the payments were made from the funds from its affiliate international bodies.

Gusau debunked an online newspaper report that Peseiro’s salary was not paid all this while because the NFF insisted on the salary being paid first into the NFF’s account before the coach can be paid.

“There is no truth in that publication because the sports ministry did not at any time ask the NFF to furnish it with Peseiro’s account details. Why will we do such? The coach is aware of the true situation and it is contrary to that report, ” Gusau explained.

“When I assumed office as President of the NFF, I demanded to see Peseiro’s contract and the approval by the Federal Government agreeing to pay the coach’s salary. But to my utter dismay, there was no approval. I was made to understand that the approval was verbal.

“This also surprised the Sports Minister who asked us to write to get the approval, this we did since last year. We are still waiting for the approval and subsequent payment of the salary of the Super Eagles’ coach.

“Whoever published that story – that the NFF refused to furnish the Ministry with Peseiro’s account details is a liar who does not mean well for football in Nigeria, ” Gusau who assumed office in September 2022 stated.

On bonuses and allowances owed to the various national teams, especially the Super Eagles, the NFF Boss said all that will be sorted out soon, adding that he has paid some allowances.

“The bills owed by the NFF are huge and we are working hard to offset them soon, ” Gusau concluded.

By Richard Jideaka, Abuja
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics