Paystack Co-founder Shola Akinlade buys 55% stake in 2nd division Danish club, Aarhus Fremad

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Paystack Co-founder Shola Akinlade buys 55% stake in 2nd division Danish club, Aarhus Fremad

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Paystack Co-founder Shola Akinlade buys 55% stake in 2nd division Danish club, Aarhus Fremad

Post by Lolly »

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/29/p ... us-fremad/
Paystack CEO Acquires Majority Stake In Danish Football Club, Aarhus Fremad

Opportunities are expected to be created for European exposure, as the club pushes on in its efforts to develop young football talent in Nigeria.

By Oluwatobi Aworinde
Updated March 29, 2023

Paystack Co-founder and CEO Shola Akinlade has bought a 55 percent stake in a second division Danish club, Aarhus Fremad.

This was made public Tuesday in a statement on the website of local football club Sporting Lagos also founded by the 37-year-old entrepreneur.

“We’re delighted to announce our investment in Danish club, Aarhus Fremad. Founded in June 1947, Aarhus Fremad is currently top of the Danish 2nd Division — the third tier of the Danish football league system,” he said.

“We’re excited about this development because this is a chance for us to learn from a community-focused club with similar values.”

Sporting Lagos noted that the partnership would also create opportunities for European exposure for the best players from its project, as the club pushes on in its efforts to develop young football talent in Nigeria.

Akinlade was also quoted as saying, “I am truly honoured and excited to embark on this new chapter with Aarhus Fremad and further our shared commitment to engaging and empowering local communities.

“By strengthening the relationship between Sporting Lagos and Aarhus Fremad, we aim to create an environment that fosters education, growth, and opportunity for our players and the community at large.

“I have the utmost confidence in Lars Kruse’s continued leadership as CEO, and together, we will strive to maintain the values and long-term goals that have made these clubs such a cherished part of their respective communities.”

In his remarks, CEO of Aarhus Fremad, Lars Kruse, said it had been an exciting process, “from when I first heard that they had spotted us in Fremad all the way from Nigeria to where we are standing now.”

He added that it was fantastic that there were people with the right mindset who saw football as a catalyst for many other things.

According to Kruse, in terms of values, Sporting Lagos is a Nigerian Aarhus Fremad”.

“In practical terms, the agreement means that we can have a much larger perspective in Fremad, as well as an international dimension to work with.

“All in all, I have the feeling right now that this is a really good match – and I look forward to continuing the development in our club as well as the collaboration with Shola and his team,” he said.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Paystack Co-founder Shola Akinlade buys 55% stake in 2nd division Danish club, Aarhus Fremad

Post by Cellular »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:20 am
A young man that's ahead of the game. :clap: :clap:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Happy for the guy but this is capital flight for Nigeria. If we had a decent league that money could be invested in our teams to make them better. Nigerian sports entrepreneurs are starting to look elsewhere for opportunities to invest money they made in Nigeria. These are the guys that should be team owners in Nigeria instead of state govt that can’t pay janitor salary. Common grass we can’t en manage.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm Happy for the guy but this is capital flight for Nigeria. If we had a decent league that money could be invested in our teams to make them better. Nigerian sports entrepreneurs are starting to look elsewhere for opportunities to invest money they made in Nigeria. These are the guys that should be team owners in Nigeria instead of state govt that can’t pay janitor salary. Common grass we can’t en manage.
Naaa, not at all.
You don't even begin to understand the import of what the man did.
He just established a strategic alliance with a club in the EU. A gateway to have his players get into Europe. The best young talents in Naijaria will be trying to get into his club and his academy at least there's a clear pathway to getting into Europe.

Dude is playing the long game.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:02 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:03 pm Happy for the guy but this is capital flight for Nigeria. If we had a decent league that money could be invested in our teams to make them better. Nigerian sports entrepreneurs are starting to look elsewhere for opportunities to invest money they made in Nigeria. These are the guys that should be team owners in Nigeria instead of state govt that can’t pay janitor salary. Common grass we can’t en manage.
Naaa, not at all.
He just established a strategic alliance with a club in the EU. A gateway to have his players get into Europe. The best young talents in Naijaria will be trying to get into his club and his academy at least there's a clear pathway to getting into Europe.

Thank you sir. Emilokan did not read the full article.

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lolly wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:17 pm
Naaa, not at all.

Lmao
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I have no qualms with how or where he spends his hard earned money. It's his! Uncle Kongi's point would be relevant if he were a politician that stole money to invest abroad. But your point is even worse. The best young talents in Nigeria should be going to credible clubs in credible leagues, be it in Africa, Europe, America or wherever. He would be doing Nigeria a disservice going after young talents in Nigeria for his club. You are speaking from a japa mentality.
Naaa, not at all.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Naaa, not at all.

RACK THIS!!! There are others doing this. I have a Cameroonian friend who owns 2 lower division clubs in Europe that precisely does what you just wrote.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 pm I have no qualms with how or where he spends his hard earned money. It's his! Uncle Kongi's point would be relevant if he were a politician that stole money to invest abroad. But your point is even worse. The best young talents in Nigeria should be going to credible clubs in credible leagues, be it in Africa, Europe, America or wherever. He would be doing Nigeria a disservice going after young talents in Nigeria for his club. You are speaking from a japa mentality.
Naaa, not at all.

The best talent just like the best Uber drivers will go where the wages are higher.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Naaa, not at all.

Emilokan understands very well that a 3rd div Danish team is not a gateway to Europe. Emilokan believes his money would earn a better result in a Nigerian league.
OCCUPY NFF!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:31 pm
Naaa, not at all.

Emilokan understands very well that a 3rd div Danish team is not a gateway to Europe. Emilokan believes his money would earn a better result in a Nigerian league.
No you dont. You are a very daft individual so simple information that even a Pidgeon can comprehend is way advanced for you. 1st that club bought by the ceo of sporting Lagos is in the Danish 2nd division not 3rd. Secondly, they are topping the table so its likely they will end up in the Danish premier league. 3rd. Denmark is a gateway. Alot of young ballers like Onyedika, Kudus, Hojlund, etc came out from Denmark. There is more i can revel but i dont want to waste my time on a waste of human excrement such as yourself. Think Monkey think.

https://www.google.com/search?q=danish+ ... 3v;st;fp;1;;;
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 am
Naaa, not at all.

No you dont. You are a very daft individual so simple information that even a Pidgeon can comprehend is way advanced for you. 1st that club bought by the ceo of sporting Lagos is in the Danish 2nd division not 3rd. Secondly, they are topping the table so its likely they will end up in the Danish premier league. 3rd. Denmark is a gateway. Alot of young ballers like Onyedika, Kudus, Hojlund, etc came out from Denmark. There is more i can revel but i dont want to waste my time on a waste of human excrement such as yourself. Think Monkey think.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The piss poor Google agent.

bret- hart wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:58 am
Naaa, not at all.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.