Moses Simon battling relegation

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Moses Simon battling relegation

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I think 4 teams are going down in Ligue 1 and only 2 are coming up as the total number of teams in Ligue 1 will be reduced to 18 next season. Simon is on track to be relegated with Nantes. When it rains it pours. Wish Simon well folks.

Onuachu, Aribo, Ihennacho, Ndidi, Moses, Ejuke ,Iwobi, Nwakali, Awoniyi, and Denis are all facing relegation. That’s about 40% of our last Afcon squad. Btw, we also have a goalie starting in decent league, not even Belgium,Switzerland or Holland, we’ll take Cyprus but our No 1 is a bench decorator in Cyprus.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Moses Simon battling relegation

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:58 am I think 4 teams are going down in Ligue 1 and only 2 are coming up as the total number of teams in Ligue 1 will be reduced to 18 next season. Simon is on track to be relegated with Nantes. When it rains it pours. Wish Simon well folks.

Onuachu, Aribo, Ihennacho, Ndidi, Moses, Ejuke ,Iwobi, Nwakali, Awoniyi, and Denis are all facing relegation. That’s about 40% of our last Afcon squad. Btw, we also have a goalie starting in decent league, not even Belgium,Switzerland or Holland, we’ll take Cyprus but our No 1 is a bench decorator in Cyprus.
This is not funny because whichever way you look am, some are going down.
Onuachu, Aribo and Nwakali already confirmed.
So even Ejuke is facing the drop.

I think Leicester will join Leeds and Southampton, meaning Iwobi, Denis and Awoniyi will be safe.
Can’t even imagine Nacho and Ndidi in the Championship. Maybe it should be Denis and Awoniyi instead.

Chai, which kine wahala be dis?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Moses Simon battling relegatio

Damunk wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:56 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:58 am I think 4 teams are going down in Ligue 1 and only 2 are coming up as the total number of teams in Ligue 1 will be reduced to 18 next season. Simon is on track to be relegated with Nantes. When it rains it pours. Wish Simon well folks.

I think Leicester will join Leeds and Southampton, meaning Iwobi, Denis and Awoniyi will be safe.
Can’t even imagine Nacho and Ndidi in the Championship. Maybe it should be Denis and Awoniyi instead.

The goalie situation is not looking good. One of the goalies we were hoping would switch to Nigeria was dropped by the England U20 WC team, he couldn’t even make it as no 3.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:40 pm

The goalie situation is not looking good. One of the goalies we were hoping would switch to Nigeria was dropped by the England U20 WC team, he couldn’t even make it as no 3.
You are too negative...my goodness .. learn to be positive and results may go your way
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

if Simon wished us well, he'd have retired from the national team, rather than continuing to abuse us with his brainlessness. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:43 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:40 pm

You are too negative...my goodness .. learn to be positive and results may go your way

Typical Niaja mentality. Just hope, wish and pray things go your way without a plan then start begging when u have to face reality.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don’t know what happened to this guy one moment in the last ACON in the stages he looked like Messi after that brief spell he turned into the most useless player I have ever seen
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Flex Swift wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:30 pm I don’t know what happened to this guy one moment in the last ACON in the stages he looked like Messi after that brief spell he turned into the most useless player I have ever seen
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

I never got the memo that EPL or even La liga, ligue 1 are now the yardstick for picking our national team
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:06 am I never got the memo that EPL or even La liga, ligue 1 are now the yardstick for picking our national team
You shouldn’t need a memo to tell you that the TOP leagues of the world should ALWAYS be the yardstick.
They are top leagues for a reason: they attract the world’s top players and the world’s top managers.
Which means that any player in there is guaranteed to test himself pretty regularly against the games very best.
Anyone that does not aspire to that isn’t serious.
Yum-Yum FC is not where it’s supposed to be at.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

actually 4 teams will go down in ligue 1 this season , since the league will start having 18 teams instead of 20. They still have 2 games left to save their season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:59 am
jette1 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 12:06 am I never got the memo that EPL or even La liga, ligue 1 are now the yardstick for picking our national team
You shouldn’t need a memo to tell you that the TOP leagues of the world should ALWAYS be the yardstick.
They are top leagues for a reason: they attract the world’s top players and the world’s top managers.
Which means that any player in there is guaranteed to test himself pretty regularly against the games very best.
Anyone that does not aspire to that isn’t serious.
Yum-Yum FC is not where it’s supposed to be at.

Ifa have merry. Chai....this is a wicked wicked place for a homie. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Leicester could survive but it will be at Everton’s expense; either way, an unpleasant prospect❗️

Cheers.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

:roll: And owngoal told us he rejected a move to Newcastle last season because he didn't like England
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You put too much value on obodo onyibo based players. Sunday Mba singlehandedly won us the last AFCON we won, just like Osimhen singlehandedly won the Scudetto for Napoli and Awoniyi singlehandedly saved Nottingham Forest from relegation even-though many would argue that not scoring for over 20 games put them in the relegation fight in the first place. :D

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I will look for a replay of the 2013 AFCON just in case my recollection is dodgy. I thought that other players like Emenike, Enyeama, Omeruo, Musa, Ideye et al also played in that tournament. Very surprised to hear that Keshi selected only Mba from all the players available to him.

Are Gibbs-White, Johnson, Danilo, Keylor Navas and the rest still at Forest? Or did the club have a clear out and decide to field only Awoniyi in all of its matches? If so, I admire their faith in Awoniyi.
1naija wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:06 pm You put too much value on obodo onyibo based players. Sunday Mba singlehandedly won us the last AFCON we won, just like Osimhen singlehandedly won the Scudetto for Napoli and Awoniyi singlehandedly saved Nottingham Forest from relegation even-though many would argue that not scoring for over 20 games put them in the relegation fight in the first place. :D
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:16 pm
Nantes went from winning the Coupe the France not too long ago to battling relegation. Leicester on the other hand went from winning the League and FA cup to being relegated.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chai, we don suffa on CE. We celebrated more relation battle victories that trophies this season. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!