To All Nigerians: “My name is Julius Aghahowa!”

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
To All Nigerians: “My name is Julius Aghahowa!”

Post by Kabalega »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Last edited by Kabalega on Wed May 24, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: To All Nigerians: “My name is When Julius Aghahowa!”

Post by 1naija »

One of the best forwards Nigeria has ever had. He saved us many times.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

That was matinal Stadium Surulere
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

See beta pitch
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm One of the best forwards Nigeria has ever had. He saved us many times.
How are the new “kids” compared to him?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I personally think none of the kids today compare to him in terms of how he use to come in as a sub and change the outcome of the game. I personally think he was more effective as a sub than as a starter.

Starting from that era, if I were to pick the top 5 among them (STRICTLY AS SE strikers), it would be

1. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
2. Aghahowa
3. Osimhen ( will blow everyone out of the water by the time he is done)
4. Obafemi Martins (I think he waited a bit too long to feature for Nigeria or would have easily been no.1)
5. Ighalo

Kabalega wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:09 pm
1naija wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:50 pm One of the best forwards Nigeria has ever had. He saved us many times.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

1naija wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:21 pm I personally think none of the kids today compare to him in terms of how he use to come in as a sub and change the outcome of the game. I personally think he was more effective as a sub than as a starter.

Starting from that era, if I were to pick the top 5 among them (STRICTLY AS SE strikers), it would be

1. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
2. Aghahowa
4. Obafemi Martins (I think he waited a bit too long to feature for Nigeria or would have easily been no.1)
5. Ighalo

The Yak :?: I don’t know. That tap-in he missed in SA 2010 against S. Korea is forever etched in my memory. :rotf:
Igahlo peaked a bit late and didn’t have the “right” supporting guys around him with the SE.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Yak was a beast for Nigeria despite that miss.
Kabalega wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:05 am
1naija wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:21 pm I personally think none of the kids today compare to him in terms of how he use to come in as a sub and change the outcome of the game. I personally think he was more effective as a sub than as a starter.

1. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
2. Aghahowa
5. Ighalo

The Yak :?: I don’t know. That tap-in he missed in SA 2010 against S. Korea is forever etched in my memory. :rotf:
Igahlo peaked a bit late and didn’t have the “right” supporting guys around him with the SE.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Also, the Yak is one of the best AFRICAN forwards to ever play in the EPL.
He appeared in over 250 Premier League matches for Portsmouth, Middlesbrough, Everton, and Blackburn Rovers, and is the fourth highest African goalscorer in Premier League history with 96 goals.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakubu_(footballer)
But if you listen to people here you will think he was the worst player to ever come out of Nigeria. This was in the same EPL that we are saying it's hard to score goals in today.

Kabalega wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:05 am

1. Yakubu Aiyegbeni
2. Aghahowa
5. Ighalo