Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Post by ohenhen1 »

txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:28 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:40 pm
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 pm Success at youth level is not the end but the starting point.

Per your request, ALL the players in the SE who came through the youth teams is my example. ALL of them!
They became top players as a result of developing in Europe beyond their talent at youth levels.

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm Your original statement is the we need to develop our players. I gave you several examples of our players we developed, and several examples of players great success at youth level and moved to Europe and did not develop further. You should support your position with specific examples our players that moved from Nigeria to Europe that Europe developed like I did.
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm All of those players maximized their talent as a result of moving to Europe. Every single one of them.

Now show me any of their peers who remained at home that ever rose to their levels?

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm Still missing the point. Superstars are not made in Europe. You either have the talent and drive to be one or or you don't. Europe can't develop you into one, and has not developed any of our players into superstars. Some of our other star players that were very successful in Europe include Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Obafemi Martins, and few others. Not one of these players that you can tell us Europe developed. So why then would you say Mikel and Osimhens success are because of Europe when they demonstrated those talent before getting to Europe?
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 pm If that is the case, why didn't their peers in Nigeria become superstars?

Why didn't Victor Igbinoba become a superstar?

Stellar performance at the youth level as we know is not a guarantee of success at higher levels, but it is an important starting point.

There are many factors that affect our players who go to Europe, such as weather, transition to a new culture, language, support of the coach, age at time of transfer, etc

None of these are significant for the peers of these players who are at home.

So why do we not produce a superstar from home in this period?

Talent is talent. In the early 80s. Nigeria players were not going to foreign leagues. We fielded ballers like Segun Odegbami and co from the local league and won the Afcon. The players were saying home an developing. It is now a different era. Nigeria players want to make the money and are not staying home. They even choose to go to leagues in India or South Africa to play. Nigeria bests players are no longer in Nigeria. Even the 2nd division is now for strictly youth players.

This is 2023 not 1980

Victor Osimhen would have maximized his talent if he was playing for 3SC and earning 10 million euros a year. He can buy the best coaches and etc. in fact I think foreign leagues have hurt a few if our players like Mikel Obi. They are in some cases bias towards foreigners. Look at the rules in Europe.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:25 pm
ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:22 pm The choice to go a foreign club is purely financial @TXJ not about player development. Players like Daga and Eletu have balled in Nigeria. I even remember a young Victor Osimhen hat was balling in Nigeria, developed in Nigeria. Then went overseas to make the money. Nigeria youth coaches are good. If we had a solid home league with good financial incentives. Some players may choose to stay in Nigeria.

The motivation for going to Europe is not the issue here and is irrelevant to the discussion.

Let me ask it again.

Name one player who didn't go to Europe who plays at home at the same level as his peers in Europe?
That Bobo that beat Ivory Coast during Stephen Keshi tenure Sunday Mba his career tanked when he travelled.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ask him to list the Nigerian players that were so developed by European clubs. I bet you he would only list Mikel Obi and Osimhen.
ohenhen1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 5:53 am

This is 2023 not 1980

Victor Osimhen would have maximized his talent if he was playing for 3SC and earning 10 million euros a year. He can buy the best coaches and etc. in fact I think foreign leagues have hurt a few if our players like Mikel Obi. They are in some cases bias towards foreigners. Look at the rules in Europe.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:40 pm Talent is talent. In the early 80s. Nigeria players were not going to foreign leagues. We fielded ballers like Segun Odegbami and co from the local league and won the Afcon. The players were saying home an developing. It is now a different era. Nigeria players want to make the money and are not staying home. They even choose to go to leagues in India or South Africa to play. Nigeria bests players are no longer in Nigeria. Even the 2nd division is now for strictly youth players.
This is 2023 not 1980
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Even in the 80's, 'average to low grade players like Tunji Banjo and John Chidozie still walked into the Super Eagles from England. Banjo could barely be described as a professional footballer by most metrics.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The best players are mostly in Europe. Money brings in the best. It is always good for a players development to compete among the best
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:40 pm
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 pm Success at youth level is not the end but the starting point.

Per your request, ALL the players in the SE who came through the youth teams is my example. ALL of them!
They became top players as a result of developing in Europe beyond their talent at youth levels.

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm Your original statement is the we need to develop our players. I gave you several examples of our players we developed, and several examples of players great success at youth level and moved to Europe and did not develop further. You should support your position with specific examples our players that moved from Nigeria to Europe that Europe developed like I did.
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm All of those players maximized their talent as a result of moving to Europe. Every single one of them.

Now show me any of their peers who remained at home that ever rose to their levels?

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm Still missing the point. Superstars are not made in Europe. You either have the talent and drive to be one or or you don't. Europe can't develop you into one, and has not developed any of our players into superstars. Some of our other star players that were very successful in Europe include Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Obafemi Martins, and few others. Not one of these players that you can tell us Europe developed. So why then would you say Mikel and Osimhens success are because of Europe when they demonstrated those talent before getting to Europe?

Talent is talent. In the early 80s. Nigeria players were not going to foreign leagues. We fielded ballers like Segun Odegbami and co from the local league and won the Afcon. The players were saying home an developing. It is now a different era. Nigeria players want to make the money and are not staying home. They even choose to go to leagues in India or South Africa to play. Nigeria bests players are no longer in Nigeria. Even the 2nd division is now for strictly youth players.

This is 2023 not 1980

So its all about money? Brilliant!
All we need to do is pay our HB players 10m euros and they will become world class!

Brilliant analysis by the erudite Ohenhen!!!!

Why didn't Victor Igbinoba maximize his talent while playing at home?

Why has not a SINGLE homebased player been able to maximize their talents while playing in the NPFL?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

What a goal by Cade Cowell

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:13 am The best players are mostly in Europe. Money brings in the best. It is always good for a players development to compete among the best

Exactly this. This is what it comes down to at the end of the day. If a player is very good and has the potential to become one of the best players in the world, that player will most likely end up in Europe where his peers are. Whether that player is African, South American, Asian, or North American, he will most likely end up in Europe to rub shoulders with his peers.

If a player does not end up in Europe and he has the talent to be world class, it is doubtful that he will develop his talent to reach that world class level without honing his talent week in and week out by playing with and against his peers -- in where? Europe.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theDunamis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:58 am
Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:13 am The best players are mostly in Europe. Money brings in the best. It is always good for a players development to compete among the best

Exactly this. This is what it comes down to at the end of the day. If a player is very good and has the potential to become one of the best players in the world, that player will most likely end up in Europe where his peers are. Whether that player is African, South American, Asian, or North American, he will most likely end up in Europe to rub shoulders with his peers.

If a player does not end up in Europe and he has the talent to be world class, it is doubtful that he will develop his talent to reach that world class level without honing his talent week in and week out by playing with and against his peers -- in where? Europe.
:thumb:
And that applies not only to Nigerians, but to Brazilians, Moroccans, Argentinians, Americans, Japanese and South Koreans.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

As usual, you completely missed the question, just like you did on all your 9 subjects on WAEC.

Here is ATF txj's statement. Read in and understand it before trying to contribute.

We need to develop our players properly and not depend on Europe for them to maximize their talent.
Now read your busy body statement below and compare to the statement above and see if it corelates. This is the reason for the F9s.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are all over the place. Ohenhen is 100% correct. I gave you a list of players who like Osimhen moved to Europe after stellar performances in youth tournaments and Europe did not "maximize" their talents. Nwkali is a prime example. If anything Europe has ruined his talent.

Like I said before, Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, and Amunike were all very successful in Europe, but you cannot say Europe maximized their talents as you are suggesting with Mikel and Osimhen. Why didn't the same Europe maximize the talents of Nacho, Awoniyi, Nwakali, Yahaya, and Alampasu to the same extent it did for Mikel and is doing for Osimhen?

Money is the reason people move to Europe, not because Europe maximize players talents. Yes, Osimhen would have maximized his talents at Rivers united (not 3SC ... there are places that kill talents, period.) if the NPFL were paying players 10 million Euros.

Name just one of our youth players that was average during any of the tournaments that Europe maximized his talent? Or is it only the extremely talented ones among them that Europe can maximize their talents?
txj wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:35 pm

All we need to do is pay our HB players 10m euros and they will become world class!

Why has not a SINGLE homebased player been able to maximize their talents while playing in the NPFL?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:03 pm You are all over the place. Ohenhen is 100% correct. I gave you a list of players who like Osimhen moved to Europe after stellar performances in youth tournaments and Europe did not "maximize" their talents. Nwkali is a prime example. If anything Europe has ruined his talent.

Like I said before, Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, and Amunike were all very successful in Europe, but you cannot say Europe maximized their talents as you are suggesting with Mikel and Osimhen. Why didn't the same Europe maximize the talents of Nacho, Awoniyi, Nwakali, Yahaya, and Alampasu to the same extent it did for Mikel and is doing for Osimhen?

Money is the reason people move to Europe, not because Europe maximize players talents. Yes, Osimhen would have maximized his talents at Rivers united (not 3SC ... there are places that kill talents, period.) if the NPFL were paying players 10 million Euros.

Name just one of our youth players that was average during any of the tournaments that Europe maximized his talent? Or is it only the extremely talented ones among them that Europe can maximize their talents?
txj wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:35 pm

There are several youth players who didn't even make the starting team of our youth sides or werenotoutstanding.

Chukwueze
Uzoho
Ndidi
Onazi, to name a few...

Multiple reasons why players fail or succeed but the fact is clear.

Our players who go to Europe more often than not maximize their talents.

Not one example can be offered about their peers who are homebased.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Italy 3 - DR 0. .... so far
OCCUPY NFF!!