Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Post by anointed »

These guys might be lacking some finesse but they just kept it easy and simple, especially at the back.

I'm amazed a Ladan Bosso side could be composed and efficient like this. And that Sarki bobo...was hilarious the way he kept decimating the Italian left back. With fine tuned delivery, he could be something soon.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Robotnik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:09 pm Midfielders hustled for sure. Final passes are still an issue. Overall solid performance against a good Italian side, which I am not sure played up to expectations today.
How many final passes did Italy midfield make today? Italy did not play up to expectations because they were outplayed
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bushboy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:03 pm Well played FE. I had written them off after the first half, bit they came back strong to serve me humble pie!
Why? Game was Even Stevens in the first half…
Last edited by Gotti on Wed May 24, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Some of these boys will definitely transition to the senior NT after this tournament, especially Eletu, Benjamin Fredericks, Daga and Ogwuche.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

1naija wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm Is the game over? What was the score? Some of us gat gaddem jobs, you know.
Rivers United lost as usual
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

anointed wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:07 pm This Sarki guy...I'm sure some scouts are watching him. He's a speedster but a kinda potential upgrade on Pius Ikedia.
...headless chicken speedster. I think he can improve under better coach. Runs well with ball but decision...
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

lacidi wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:15 pm
Robotnik wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:09 pm Midfielders hustled for sure. Final passes are still an issue. Overall solid performance against a good Italian side, which I am not sure played up to expectations today.
How many final passes did Italy midfield make today? Italy did not play up to expectations because they were outplayed
Ebenezer Akinsanmiro would have for sure improved the midfield especially in the final third, but I like how the players work so hard for each other.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

If only they had intelligent forwards. The defense is VERY GOOD. A key ingredient to going far in tournaments. The midfield has some gems like Eletu & Daga. Nnadi no be am. But the forwards na wa. They are just hit & miss.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

1naija wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm Is the game over? What was the score? Some of us gat gaddem jobs, you know.
There was a winner and a loser

They struggled, but the general feeling is that people are happy with the performance. :tic:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

2-0 to Ghana.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The NFF hardly prepares our national teams outside of the SE for major competitions. The Flying Eagles only played 2 friendlies before AFCON, both at the instance of our opponents,Zambia on a West African tour and the other one in Egypt, a hurriedly arranged practice match against another qualifier.
For the WC, it was the same thing, another hurriedly arranged friendly against Colombia.
Little Dominican Republic played SIX U20 international friendly matches before the World Cup to prepare their team.
We do little in terms of preparation but have high expectations at the tournament.
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

We have $500k x N750 /$1.

That's Federal allocation for some states right there. :thumbs: :thumbs:
anointed wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:16 pm
Rivers United lost as usual
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

All these because I gat a gaddem job like regular people my age (25)? Perhaps I should be allergic to getting a job like Kongi and bigpokey so I can sit home all day and all night watching TV.
metalalloy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:21 pm
2-0 to Ghana.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Job well done. This victory was more of a team effort than individual brilliance which is good to see. The strength of this team is in its defensive discipline which is uncommon for Nigerian youth teams. If our front three players can be a little more composed, we can be deadly on the counter.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I could make do with a defensively solid and tactically compact Nigerian team with no flair than one with all the flair yet are complacent
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But why did Tony the Paper Tiger Killer start the game thread knowing he will be deep asleep (due to old age) during the game?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I hope Eletu recovers intime for the subsequent games. He's looked solid so far. Daga is solid as well and has a lot of upside. Like others have said; Eletu, Daga, and Fredrick are the 3 in this team to keep an eye on.

Bameyi and Agbalaka are both good defensively, but are both still very raw, and could offer more going forward. However, not every team needs two FBs that bomb forward all the time. For a team that is probably going to sit back against skillful teams, it helps to have defenders that don't bomb forward all the time.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm
anointed wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:07 pm This Sarki guy...I'm sure some scouts are watching him. He's a speedster but a kinda potential upgrade on Pius Ikedia.
Sarki is one good decision making away from a top tier player, his speed reminds me of prime Musa (when he was actually decent).
He laid on a great pass on the final breakaway that should’ve led to a 3d goal, but for the terrific play by the Italian GK…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Btw, Akinsanrimo was on the bench today in the Coppa Italia final game. Keep in mind that he's not even been in the U19 side for a full season. Will be interesting to see whether he goes out on loan or stays at Inter long term. Hope it's the later.

Akinsanrimo and Ideho could definitely have helped this team. Since better decision making in the final third is what this team needs. Going forward I will start Umeh as CF. I think he offers more than Fago.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

olu wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:52 pm Btw, Akinsanrimo was on the bench today in the Coppa Italia final game. Keep in mind that he's not even been in the U19 side for a full season. Will be interesting to see whether he goes out on loan or stays at Inter long term. Hope it's the later.

Akinsanrimo and Ideho could definitely have helped this team. Since better decision making in the final third is what this team needs. Going forward I will start Umeh as CF. I think he offers more than Fago.
Ideho arrived in the Abuja camp still injured from his club spell…
He trained alone for a few days and then went off to Holland for his summer break, instead of back to Arsenal.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

marutimon wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm Impressed by:
Aniagboso (GK)
Fredrick (CB)
Ogbuche (CB)
Daga (CM)
Eletu (CM)
Sarki (RW, sub)

Honestly seems like a good thing for the national team that the forward line looks like the weakest.
I was just going to say.

Defence and midfield are the strength of this team. The forward line is mediocre, but in terms of SE, this is a good thing.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:08 pm Let’s be honest, Bosso really worked on the boys. It showed.
Yet some people were calling him corrupt for not including some foreign based players like Ideho. It’s obvious he had his plan on how he wanted his team to play and players that fit in.
This is a confidence booster for the team.
But his forwards are the worst part of this team.

They could have used better forwards/wingers.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.