Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Post by txj »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:51 pm
txj wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 pm I thought they fought quite hard and deserved their victory.

They clearly had the physical edge over Italy, which I thought was the decisive factor in a game, over the also physical Italian team as showed vs Brazil. We just need to layer-on better technical quality...

In spite of the victory, the fundamental issues here are unchanged.

We need to develop our players properly and not depend on Europe for them to maximize their talent.
Most of these boys will end up in Europe so their coaching fundamentals will improve, a player like Benjamin Frederick has all the makings of a star under a good coach and environment.

The problem as always is that beyond a certain age, it gets increasingly difficult to change any ingrained habits or to form one...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:54 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:53 pm They are better than I thought. Very functional side. Lacking in flair and creativity but really solid.
I guess...

I am still waiting to see someone who I can say is for the future.

Maybe it is too early in the tourney???

I think there's a proper defender in Agbalaka if someone can devote attention to detail in developing him. He's always around the ball in the most dangerous situations, which speaks to focus, concentration and intensity.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ATF, this is very very nonsensical post ( and I say that with all due respect ... as much respect as can be given to nonsensical posts).

How many of our youth players has Europe developed to maximize their talents. If anything Europe only capitalize on talents developed by Nigerian coaches.

Did Europe develop Nacho, Awoniyi, Nwakali, Yahaya, Alampasu, Nacho, or even Mikel who were superstars at youth level to maximize their talents? And don't even mention Osimhen, because he has performed at every level and at every club he has played.
txj wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 pm I thought they fought quite hard and deserved their victory.

They clearly had the physical edge over Italy, which I thought was the decisive factor in a game, over the also physical Italian team as showed vs Brazil. We just need to layer-on better technical quality...

We need to develop our players properly and not depend on Europe for them to maximize their talent.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:40 pm ATF, this is very very nonsensical post ( and I say that with all due respect ... as much respect as can be given to nonsensical posts).

How many of our youth players has Europe developed to maximize their talents. If anything Europe only capitalize on talents developed by Nigerian coaches.

Did Europe develop Nacho, Awoniyi, Nwakali, Yahaya, Alampasu, Nacho, or even Mikel who were superstars at youth level to maximize their talents? And don't even mention Osimhen, because he has performed at every level and at every club he has played.

Yes Europe did, which is what enabled talented players like Mikel, Osimhen, etc to maximize their talents and to become world class.

Compare these players to their peers who remained in Nigeria and tell me there was no difference?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So which of the Europe teams developed Mikel? Lyn Oslo or Chelsea? Did Wolfsburg develop Osimhen? Or does that credit only go lille and Napoli where he score many goals?

All the players I mentioned, moved to Europe after stellar performances at youth level? Why didn't Europe develop the rest of them to be superstars like Mikel and Osimhen, who I am 100% certain would have been superstars no matter where they played?

txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:53 pm
1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:40 pm ATF, this is very very nonsensical post ( and I say that with all due respect ... as much respect as can be given to nonsensical posts).

Yes Europe did, which is what enabled talented players like Mikel, Osimhen, etc to maximize their talents and to become world class.

Compare these players to their peers who remained in Nigeria and tell me there was no difference?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

If that is the case, why didn't their peers in Nigeria become superstars?

Why didn't Victor Igbinoba become a superstar?

Stellar performance at the youth level as we know is not a guarantee of success at higher levels, but it is an important starting point.

There are many factors that affect our players who go to Europe, such as weather, transition to a new culture, language, support of the coach, age at time of transfer, etc

None of these are significant for the peers of these players who are at home.

So why do we not produce a superstar from home in this period?

Chelsea predominantly developed Mikel, as Napoli did for Osimhen. Which is not to say that others, including their Nigerian academies did not contribute...

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:07 pm So which of the Europe teams developed Mikel? Lyn Oslo or Chelsea? Did Wolfsburg develop Osimhen? Or does that credit only go lille and Napoli where he score many goals?

All the players I mentioned, moved to Europe after stellar performances at youth level? Why didn't Europe develop the rest of them to be superstars like Mikel and Osimhen, who I am 100% certain would have been superstars no matter where they played?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Still missing the point. Superstars are not made in Europe. You either have the talent and drive to be one or or you don't. Europe can't develop you into one, and has not developed any of our players into superstars. Some of our other star players that were very successful in Europe include Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Obafemi Martins, and few others. Not one of these players that you can tell us Europe developed. So why then would you say Mikel and Osimhens success are because of Europe when they demonstrated those talent before getting to Europe?
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 pm If that is the case, why didn't their peers in Nigeria become superstars?

Stellar performance at the youth level as we know is not a guarantee of success at higher levels, but it is an important starting point.

There are many factors that affect our players who go to Europe, such as weather, transition to a new culture, language, support of the coach, age at time of transfer, etc

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:07 pm So which of the Europe teams developed Mikel? Lyn Oslo or Chelsea? Did Wolfsburg develop Osimhen? Or does that credit only go lille and Napoli where he score many goals?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

All of those players maximized their talent as a result of moving to Europe. Every single one of them.

Now show me any of their peers who remained at home that ever rose to their levels?

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm Still missing the point. Superstars are not made in Europe. You either have the talent and drive to be one or or you don't. Europe can't develop you into one, and has not developed any of our players into superstars. Some of our other star players that were very successful in Europe include Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Obafemi Martins, and few others. Not one of these players that you can tell us Europe developed. So why then would you say Mikel and Osimhens success are because of Europe when they demonstrated those talent before getting to Europe?
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:19 pm If that is the case, why didn't their peers in Nigeria become superstars?

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Your original statement is the we need to develop our players. I gave you several examples of our players we developed, and several examples of players great success at youth level and moved to Europe and did not develop further. You should support your position with specific examples our players that moved from Nigeria to Europe that Europe developed like I did.
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm All of those players maximized their talent as a result of moving to Europe. Every single one of them.

Now show me any of their peers who remained at home that ever rose to their levels?

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:54 pm Still missing the point. Superstars are not made in Europe. You either have the talent and drive to be one or or you don't. Europe can't develop you into one, and has not developed any of our players into superstars. Some of our other star players that were very successful in Europe include Kanu, JJ, Taribo West, Victor Ikpeba, Amokachi, Amunike, Obafemi Martins, and few others. Not one of these players that you can tell us Europe developed. So why then would you say Mikel and Osimhens success are because of Europe when they demonstrated those talent before getting to Europe?

lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

France is stinking up the joint against Gambia
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Wow, France has a defence that is atrocious.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The choice to go a foreign club is purely financial @TXJ not about player development. Players like Daga and Eletu have balled in Nigeria. I even remember a young Victor Osimhen hat was balling in Nigeria, developed in Nigeria. Then went overseas to make the money. Nigeria youth coaches are good. If we had a solid home league with good financial incentives. Some players may choose to stay in Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Success at youth level is not the end but the starting point.

Per your request, ALL the players in the SE who came through the youth teams is my example. ALL of them!
They became top players as a result of developing in Europe beyond their talent at youth levels.

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm Your original statement is the we need to develop our players. I gave you several examples of our players we developed, and several examples of players great success at youth level and moved to Europe and did not develop further. You should support your position with specific examples our players that moved from Nigeria to Europe that Europe developed like I did.
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:51 pm All of those players maximized their talent as a result of moving to Europe. Every single one of them.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 pm Success at youth level is not the end but the starting point.

Per your request, ALL the players in the SE who came through the youth teams is my example. ALL of them!
They became top players as a result of developing in Europe beyond their talent at youth levels.

1naija wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 pm Your original statement is the we need to develop our players. I gave you several examples of our players we developed, and several examples of players great success at youth level and moved to Europe and did not develop further. You should support your position with specific examples our players that moved from Nigeria to Europe that Europe developed like I did.

Talent is talent. In the early 80s. Nigeria players were not going to foreign leagues. We fielded ballers like Segun Odegbami and co from the local league and won the Afcon. The players were saying home an developing. It is now a different era. Nigeria players want to make the money and are not staying home. They even choose to go to leagues in India or South Africa to play. Nigeria bests players are no longer in Nigeria. Even the 2nd division is now for strictly youth players.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

If Nigeria play as bad as France in this world cup, all hell would have broken loose on CE.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lacidi wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:56 pm If Nigeria play as bad as France in this world cup, all hell would have broken loose on CE.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Omo, Gambia beat France 2-1, despite missing a PK…. :shock:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

lacidi wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:56 pm If Nigeria play as bad as France in this world cup, all hell would have broken loose on CE.
Btw, you notice that some CEs who haven’t posted in ages but showed up immediately soon as Nigeria was losing to the Dominican Republic have gone back into hibernation….Things that makes one go hmmmmmm. :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I didn't know you were French!
Ques que cest monseuir lacidi?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:22 pm The choice to go a foreign club is purely financial @TXJ not about player development. Players like Daga and Eletu have balled in Nigeria. I even remember a young Victor Osimhen hat was balling in Nigeria, developed in Nigeria. Then went overseas to make the money. Nigeria youth coaches are good. If we had a solid home league with good financial incentives. Some players may choose to stay in Nigeria.

The motivation for going to Europe is not the issue here and is irrelevant to the discussion.

Let me ask it again.

Name one player who didn't go to Europe who plays at home at the same level as his peers in Europe?

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohenhen1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:40 pm
txj wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:23 pm Success at youth level is not the end but the starting point.

Talent is talent. In the early 80s. Nigeria players were not going to foreign leagues. We fielded ballers like Segun Odegbami and co from the local league and won the Afcon. The players were saying home an developing. It is now a different era. Nigeria players want to make the money and are not staying home. They even choose to go to leagues in India or South Africa to play. Nigeria bests players are no longer in Nigeria. Even the 2nd division is now for strictly youth players.

This is 2023 not 1980

Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

airwolex wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 2:09 pm
ogasir wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 am I swear txj analyzes games like a White man. Africans are physical, Europeans are technical
It was a bit weird seeing the Nigerians being so efficient with the ball, and the Italians, particularly the boy named Pafundi, playing like someone you picked from Agege playground or something. He kind of ruined their game with masturbatory dribbles. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
This guy 🤣🤣🤣🤣
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Gotti wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:09 pm
Btw, you notice that some CEs who haven’t posted in ages but showed up immediately soon as Nigeria was losing to the Dominican Republic have gone back into hibernation….Things that makes one go hmmmmmm. :lol:
they are terrible people, they only show up to abuse the team and the local coaches.. they offer nothing
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:17 am
Gotti wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:09 pm
they are terrible people, they only show up to abuse the team and the local coaches.. they offer nothing
Hush it! This team is not all that. I still wish them well.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .