Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Italy U-20 vs Nigeria U-20…

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:25 pm
marutimon wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:14 pm Impressed by:
Aniagboso (GK)
Fredrick (CB)
Ogbuche (CB)
Daga (CM)
Eletu (CM)
Sarki (RW, sub)

Honestly seems like a good thing for the national team that the forward line looks like the weakest.
I was just going to say.

Defence and midfield are the strength of this team. The forward line is mediocre, but in terms of SE, this is a good thing.
Thankfully we're over-stacked in attack... defence & midfield are all we need to sort out the SE situation and it seems we've almost solved that conundrum. At least Bosso will be remembered for giving us some exciting prospects in midfield and CB positions. I'm still not convinced by Aniagboso.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I thought they fought quite hard and deserved their victory.

They clearly had the physical edge over Italy, which I thought was the decisive factor in a game, over the also physical Italian team as showed vs Brazil. We just need to layer-on better technical quality...

In spite of the victory, the fundamental issues here are unchanged.

We need to develop our players properly and not depend on Europe for them to maximize their talent.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

txj wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 pm I thought they fought quite hard and deserved their victory.

They clearly had the physical edge over Italy, which I thought was the decisive factor in a game, over the also physical Italian team as showed vs Brazil. We just need to layer-on better technical quality...

We need to develop our players properly and not depend on Europe for them to maximize their talent.
Most of these boys will end up in Europe so their coaching fundamentals will improve, a player like Benjamin Frederick has all the makings of a star under a good coach and environment.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:51 pm
txj wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:49 pm I thought they fought quite hard and deserved their victory.

Most of these boys will end up in Europe so their coaching fundamentals will improve, a player like Benjamin Frederick has all the makings of a star under a good coach and environment.
A lot of the Italian players are attached to Serie A sides and they were made to look ordinary. I believe if these guys can go deep they will do well. I have to give the coach kudos. The boys actually played like a team.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

airwolex wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:40 pm

A lot of the Italian players are attached to Serie A sides and they were made to look ordinary. I believe if these guys can go deep they will do well. I have to give the coach kudos. The boys actually played like a team.
:shock: :shock:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ikemba
Egg
Egg

Post by ikemba »

jette1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 am

Why is that shocking? You don't think they played like a team?.
I think ,they did well as a team.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Let’s give credit to the coach in the ways he made the team reflect his emotions and the urgency unlike the nonsense we have been subjected to in Algeria and before that

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ikemba wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:19 am
jette1 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:05 am

Why is that shocking? You don't think they played like a team?.
I think ,they did well as a team.
I thought they were a Team already :taunt:

ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

Senegal is really local champion
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...physical edge ke?
Did you see all the Italian players with overgrown beards?
How many in the Nigerian team spot a beard.
Now don't ask me if beard is a sign of big or old. We are Nigerians, we go by looks :biggrin:
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Nigeria will likely finish third if they lose the last match to Brazil (and then a match with hosts Argentina seems on the cards), but will finish first with a win or draw.

If Nigeria finish first we should have a pretty easy route to the final seeing how groups are shaping up so far. Japan/South Korea look like the toughest opposition in that "bracket".
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

i saw the talent at Afcon. The boys just needed more work. Glad to see them now succeeding.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Aniagboso (GK)
Fredrick (CB)
Ogbuche (CB)
Daga (CM)
Eletu (CM)
Sarki (RW, sub)

Honestly seems like a good thing for the national team that the forward line looks like the weakest.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That’s funny but I get your point.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mcal wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:14 am

...physical edge ke?
Did you see all the Italian players with overgrown beards?
How many in the Nigerian team spot a beard.
Now don't ask me if beard is a sign of big or old. We are Nigerians, we go by looks :biggrin:
You do understand that we’re not as hairy as Italian as naturally prescribed by genetics. How many Nigerians do you know with bia hia except for Our onku 1 Naira ?
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Does anyone know how serious Eletu's injury is? Hope he'll be available for the next game.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We just beat Italy who beat Brazil and you still don’t give us respect!!!

Our boys play to the level of our opponents so expect us to soundly beat Brazil who are usually scared to death of us!

quote=marutimon post_id=5877683 time=1684978121 user_id=153389]
Nigeria will likely finish third if they lose the last match to Brazil (and then a match with hosts Argentina seems on the cards), but will finish first with a win or draw.

If Nigeria finish first we should have a pretty easy route to the final seeing how groups are shaping up so far. Japan/South Korea look like the toughest opposition in that "bracket".
[/quote]
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bushboy wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:24 pm Team is poor. We will lose this game.
Prophet Bushboy
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:33 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:24 pm The decision making of these boys...my goodness

Our boys are stronger than the opponent and that's what's primarily keeping them in the games.
If only we could add proper development to this...
If we win it is because we are STRONGER not because we did anything well.

When we lose it is because the coach is poor etc.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ogasir
Egg
Egg

Post by ogasir »

I swear txj analyzes games like a White man. Africans are physical, Europeans are technical
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Don't you get tired of repeating the same thing year after year and competition after competition? I still remember your posts from 2017 youth tournaments, and it is basically like reading a copy and paste. Give it a rest.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by wazobia »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:46 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:25 pm
Aniagboso (GK)
Fredrick (CB)
Ogbuche (CB)
Daga (CM)
Eletu (CM)
Sarki (RW, sub)

I was just going to say.

Defence and midfield are the strength of this team. The forward line is mediocre, but in terms of SE, this is a good thing.
Thankfully we're over-stacked in attack... defence & midfield are all we need to sort out the SE situation and it seems we've almost solved that conundrum. At least Bosso will be remembered for giving us some exciting prospects in midfield and CB positions. I'm still not convinced by Aniagboso.
Aniagboso’s kicking prowess is impressive. This was what what made Ederson of Man City a top prospect. His assist for the second goal was quite exceptional. He is also agile and has good shot stopping skills. The potential is there
WOWO = ONO (oh no!) = OBO

WOWO 'We only want Oyinbo'

ONO 'Oyinbo na Oyinbo'

OBO 'Oyinbo be Oyinbo'
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

ogasir wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:28 am I swear txj analyzes games like a White man. Africans are physical, Europeans are technical
It was a bit weird seeing the Nigerians being so efficient with the ball, and the Italians, particularly the boy named Pafundi, playing like someone you picked from Agege playground or something. He kind of ruined their game with masturbatory dribbles. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

bushboy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:29 pm

Don't you get tired of repeating the same thing year after year and competition after competition? I still remember your posts from 2017 youth tournaments, and it is basically like reading a copy and paste. Give it a rest.

Lost on you apparently is the fact of our serial failure to address fundamental issues with our football over the period you have highlighted.

No wonder you can't see beyond your nose on Osimhen!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp