Eletu - Is he ready?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eletu - Is he ready?

Post by Sunset »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:49 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:21 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:39 pm
Sunset wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:12 pm
bret- hart wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:48 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:12 am IMO, only Ogwuche is ready for the step up to the SE. The reason is because he seems to be the only one to have developed the physical strength to take a step up. Can you imagine Daga or Eletu against Rodri, De Bruyne, Onana, Docoure, Fofana etc. They will be eaten up alive like Yaya Toure and his CIV midfield did to Mikel in the SF of the 2006 AFCON.
Even Akinsanmiro at inter is having his physical strength built up on a special program by the primavera and first team coaches
These boys are ready. If they were Europeans they would be playing 1st team football already. Daga and Eletu looks physically ready to me. They just need top level experience. Gavi is only 19 and is already playing for the Spanish national team. Giving our lack of midfield options it would make sense to start fastracking some of these boys to the national team.
Ready ke? Please tell us what they're doing at their club sides
Exactly.

The Gavi they are using for reference was starting games for Barcelona.

All we can say for Ebenezer is that he made the bench twice. Eletu hasn't even made the bench for Milan.

Let them get some experience in professional leagues first.

Even Mikel was playing for Lyn Oslo and making waves in Norway.

I am not saying we should not keep tabs on these guys or even call a few of them up to train with the team, but if you think you can replace guys like Onyeka, Aribo, Onyedika, etc. With guys who haven't even played professional football, you are mad.
Facts!! I like Ebenezer he's talented but even when he was at Remo Stars he wasn't starting (or getting regular minutes) for the first team, which is not a knock on him it just means we shouldn't "rush" the process
Sunset,
Do kindly list our current best starting midfield right now based on FORM. Let's start from there.
Let's start from here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=308402
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

it is so funny how all of a sudden the abroad recruits are no longer crying for the likes of Eze etc.. now dem eye done open..focus on our own and hope they flourish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:19 pm it is so funny how all of a sudden the abroad recruits are no longer crying for the likes of Eze etc.. now dem eye done open..focus on our own and hope they flourish
You are such a simpleton.

It's never been either or.

It's BOTH for heavens sake.

Our last AFCON win we had home grown talents like Mikel and Onazi , Entrada etc.

But never forget the role that one VICTOR MOSES, whom we poached from England played.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:24 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:19 pm it is so funny how all of a sudden the abroad recruits are no longer crying for the likes of Eze etc.. now dem eye done open..focus on our own and hope they flourish
You are such a simpleton.

It's never been either or.

It's BOTH for heavens sake.

Our last AFCON win we had home grown talents like Mikel and Onazi , Entrada etc.

But never forget the role that one VICTOR MOSES, whom we poached from England played.
you are such a dummy, mixed with daft thoughts. you offer nothing to this forum. do us a favor and just browse the forum.. i am so happy those abroad recruits laughed at you.. come back here and post anymore abroad recruits and you will be laughed at.. mugu
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Jmal wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:19 pm

Dude sounds like a future super eagles captain :D
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The failure to qualify for the Olympics football tournament is really painful as it would have been the next step in the development of players like Eletu, Akinsanmiro, Ogwuche, Fredericks, Daga etc
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

If Bameyi can get a SE call up, then I see no reason why Eletu shouldn’t be called.

On a more serious note, Eletu is ready for the step up. He might not start games for the SE but he can be given minutes here and there to get the feel of senior international football. The guy is legit.

The other player I see potential in is the Fredericks guy. But he needs to get a good club to develop further. He also needs to add muscle if he is going to play in a top European league. Ogwuche looks strong and is good in the air but Fredericks look sleek and composed.

There is another guy who wore number 19 and came on in the second half. He looked good but gradually faded. I would look out for him again Brazil. I saw something there.
Last edited by Lolly on Fri May 26, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 am If Bameyi can get a SE call up, then I see no reason why Eletu shouldn’t be called.

On a more serious note, Eletu is ready for the step up. He might not start games for the SE but he can be given minutes here and there to get the feel of senior international football. The guy is legit.

The other player I see potential in is the Fredericks guy. But he needs to get a good club to develop further. He also needs to add muscle if he is going to play in a top European league. Ogwuche looks strong and is good in the air but Fredericks look sleek and composed.

There is another guy who wore number 15 and came on in the second half. He looked good but gradually faded. I would look out for him again Brazil. I saw something there.
:clap:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:09 am If Bameyi can get a SE call up, then I see no reason why Eletu shouldn’t be called.

There is another guy who wore number 19 and came on in the second half. He looked good but gradually faded. I would look out for him again Brazil. I saw something there.
Bameyi Yum Yum call up was not based on merit
I am happy
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:10 pm

Exactly.

There are at least 5 players in this team that would deserve a call before him.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

The problem is the coaching and tactical setup we have in the SE. All these good midfielders in the FE will be made to look useless in SE.
The coaches will have to come up with a radical plan to flood our midfield instead of using one or two; focus on two-way midfielders as opposed to stiff players like Ndidi. Play intelligent and selfless wingers instead of Simon and Chukwueze (or instruct these players to play according to the game plan); develop team chemistry and work ethic as we have seen in the FE last game against Italy (would like to see more of this).
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bameyi of Yum Yum has played for U20, U23, CHAN Eagles and then he gets a SE call up. The guy’s juju must be very strong. How else can you explain someone who has never played competitive club football getting all these call ups?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:56 pm

Bameyi of Yum Yum has played for U20, U23, CHAN Eagles and then he gets a SE call up. The guy’s juju must be very strong. How else can you explain someone who has never played competitive club football getting all these call ups?
No explanation required. The only valid question is, is he good enough? Based on his performance thus far, the answer is a resounding YES❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:14 pm

No explanation required. The only valid question is, is he good enough? Based on his performance thus far, the answer is a resounding YES❗️

Cheers.
How it is possible to scout such a player with no competitive football to his name? Or do we have another Tunde Charity on our hands?

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 pm

Cheers.
How it is possible to scout such a player with no competitive football to his name? Or do we have another Tunde Charity on our hands?
Don’t believe everything you read. In order for him to have been noticed, someone relevant had to have seen him play somewhere🤔❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:21 pm
Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:18 pm

Cheers.
Don’t believe everything you read. In order for him to have been noticed, someone relevant had to have seen him play somewhere🤔❗️

Cheers.
I said competitive football. Whoever saw him should tell us which match he was playing and which league.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:35 pm
Great to see the boy is doing well. We might just hammer ridiculously in a couple years with MF like we have with strikers this yr when a new generation of world class MF emerges. Akinsanmiro, Eletu, Daga Tijani and a couple others could all breakthrough at the same time.

Kai…. Imagine we get 5 new world class MF heading to the WC. E go sweet pass Amala and gbegiri. :woot: :mrgreen:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:49 pm
Great to see the boy is doing well. We might just hammer ridiculously in a couple years with MF like we have with strikers this yr when a new generation of world class MF emerges. Akinsanmiro, Eletu, Daga Tijani and a couple others could all breakthrough at the same time.

Kai…. Imagine we get 5 new world class MF heading to the WC. E go sweet pass Amala and gbegiri. :woot: :mrgreen:
Why wait till a couple of years? why not start integrating them into the senior NT now so they can understudy the established players? Daga, Akinsanmiro and Eletu aren't particularly newbies to high level football.
onovo
Egg
Egg

Post by onovo »

I would advise he considers a move to France or Belgium league asap, where he can hone his skills in a standard league. Otherwise he stands the risk of been loaned to a division 2 Serie B if not careful. Kingsley Micheal and Orji Okonkwo, comes to my mind.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

onovo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:55 pm
I would advise he considers a move to France or Belgium league asap, where he can hone his skills in a standard league. Otherwise he stands the risk of been loaned to a division 2 Serie B if not careful. Kingsley Micheal and Orji Okonkwo, comes to my mind.
I absolutely agree , a move to France or Belgium will really define their careers, even if for a loan move
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:54 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:49 pm

Why wait till a couple of years? why not start integrating them into the senior NT now so they can understudy the established players? Daga, Akinsanmiro and Eletu aren't particularly newbies to high level football.

National teams are not for learning the ropes, I don’t know why we think we can train teenagers that haven’t established themselves in the national team. First they have to establish themselves as as pros in good teams and perform consistently to get a call to the national team. Right now they’re learning at a high level, let them graduate into first team action and perform. SE is for the best Nigerian professional players in their respective positions not the best students.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:03 pm
onovo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:55 pm
I absolutely agree , a move to France or Belgium will really define their careers, even if for a loan move
Imho, the best indication that they’re top quality is if Milan and Inter keep them and integrate them into the first team. Loaning them out is usually the beginning of a series of loans that’ll end up with them in Sweden or Slovakia. The role Eletu is playing for Milan youth team suggest they like him, trust him and believe in him.
OCCUPY NFF!!