Eletu - Is he ready?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Eletu - Is he ready?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I didn’t watch the but noticed folks are waxing lyrical about him over his performance vs an Italy. How did he perform and how my-would you rate him against the up and coming MFs like Onyedika, Yusuf etc? Also, i-what type of Mf is he? DM, AM or box to box?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Eletu - Is he ready?

Post by vancity eagle »

He seems to be a more offensive and technical DM. I dont know if he is ready yet, but he will be in a few years. Doesn't hurt to call him to train with SE to get a better sense of if he belongs.

Impressed with his game.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:34 am He seems to be a more offensive and technical DM. I dont know if he is ready yet, but he will be in a few years. Doesn't hurt to call him to train with SE to get a better sense of if he belongs.

Impressed with his game.
This FE team might not be the fanciest but if we can get 2 MF, Daga and Eletu , 2 CD Frederick and Oguche ready to join SE in a yr or 2, it’ll be the biggest hammering we’ve had in a looong while. This is the first time in my life I’ve ever witnessed a Nigerian team having a better defense and MF than attack. I ain’t never seen it before ever. These boys have played 180 mins without conceding in open play. Chai… we don hammer. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:34 am He seems to be a more offensive and technical DM. I dont know if he is ready yet, but he will be in a few years. Doesn't hurt to call him to train with SE to get a better sense of if he belongs.

Impressed with his game.
Ready in a few years? not sure we have such luxury of time to wait that long o!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:29 am

Impressed with his game.
This FE team might not be the fanciest but if we can get 2 MF, Daga and Eletu , 2 CD Frederick and Oguche ready to join SE in a yr or 2, it’ll be the biggest hammering we’ve had in a looong while. This is the first time in my life I’ve ever witnessed a Nigerian team having a better defense and MF than attack. I ain’t never seen it before ever. These boys have played 180 mins without conceding in open play. Chai… we don hammer. :thumbs:
Exactly, you said it all
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:43 am

Impressed with his game.
I dont know if he is CURRENTLY any better than

Aribo
Onyeka
Onyedika
Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Nwobodo

I doubt it, but he will probably be there soon.

We have a number of options who are doing well who we just refuse to look at.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:17 am
Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:43 am

Impressed with his game.
I dont know if he is CURRENTLY any better than

Aribo
Onyeka
Onyedika
Nwakali
Alhassan Yusuf
Nwobodo

I doubt it, but he will probably be there soon.

We have a number of options who are doing well who we just refuse to look at.
I can understand Yusuf, Onyedika and MAYBE Nwobodo but that's about it as far as quality goes in your list. And we still have a thin-bare midfield even with the names you listed. I will overlook your inclusion of Aribo as a mistake on your part, let Aribo get games in the championship first then maybe we can talk. Eletu just like Akinsanmiro is a potential first teamer in a top seria A side (even Akinsanmiro now makes the first team for Inter Milan).
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

IMO, only Ogwuche is ready for the step up to the SE. The reason is because he seems to be the only one to have developed the physical strength to take a step up. Can you imagine Daga or Eletu against Rodri, De Bruyne, Onana, Docoure, Fofana etc. They will be eaten up alive like Yaya Toure and his CIV midfield did to Mikel in the SF of the 2006 AFCON.
Even Akinsanmiro at inter is having his physical strength built up on a special program by the primavera and first team coaches
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I would call him, Daga, and Akinsarimo up for the games vs Sai Tome. Assuming we get the job done vs SL.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Dammy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:12 am IMO, only Ogwuche is ready for the step up to the SE. The reason is because he seems to be the only one to have developed the physical strength to take a step up. Can you imagine Daga or Eletu against Rodri, De Bruyne, Onana, Docoure, Fofana etc. They will be eaten up alive like Yaya Toure and his CIV midfield did to Mikel in the SF of the 2006 AFCON.
Even Akinsanmiro at inter is having his physical strength built up on a special program by the primavera and first team coaches
These boys are ready. If they were Europeans they would be playing 1st team football already. Daga and Eletu looks physically ready to me. They just need top level experience. Gavi is only 19 and is already playing for the Spanish national team. Giving our lack of midfield options it would make sense to start fastracking some of these boys to the national team.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 1:48 pm
Dammy wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:12 am IMO, only Ogwuche is ready for the step up to the SE. The reason is because he seems to be the only one to have developed the physical strength to take a step up. Can you imagine Daga or Eletu against Rodri, De Bruyne, Onana, Docoure, Fofana etc. They will be eaten up alive like Yaya Toure and his CIV midfield did to Mikel in the SF of the 2006 AFCON.
These boys are ready. If they were Europeans they would be playing 1st team football already. Daga and Eletu looks physically ready to me. They just need top level experience. Gavi is only 19 and is already playing for the Spanish national team. Giving our lack of midfield options it would make sense to start fastracking some of these boys to the national team.
Exactly, if you're good enough then you're ready...advanced sports science like good dieting and effective physical conditioning is all these boys require as professional athletes to flourish these days. I vividly remember how a very young and skinny Mikel Obi made his debut for the SE in the 2006 AFCON and owned that midfield with aplomb just fresh off the '05 U20 tournament where he became a revelation. Same way people doubted the likes of Aribo, Ebuehi etc were not physically ready for the ruggedness of African football, well how did that turn out? Nigerians need to shed off this outdated logic that a player is too young or physically unimposing to make a step up to full national team football. Football is a mental game now and not always gidigbo and muscle, I personally tip the likes of Eletu, Daga, Ebenezer Akinsanmiro, Ogwuche, Benjamin Fredericks etc to make the senior NT at least in a years time. We will have the grace of friendly matches within the year to ease them in slowly, that's how you build a team.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Ready ke? Please tell us what they're doing at their club sides
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sunset wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:12 pm
Exactly.

The Gavi they are using for reference was starting games for Barcelona.

All we can say for Ebenezer is that he made the bench twice. Eletu hasn't even made the bench for Milan.

Let them get some experience in professional leagues first.

Even Mikel was playing for Lyn Oslo and making waves in Norway.

I am not saying we should not keep tabs on these guys or even call a few of them up to train with the team, but if you think you can replace guys like Onyeka, Aribo, Onyedika, etc. With guys who haven't even played professional football, you are mad.
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Is there a video of the full first half? I want to assess Eletu's game.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:39 pm
Exactly.

All we can say for Ebenezer is that he made the bench twice. Eletu hasn't even made the bench for Milan.

I am not saying we should not keep tabs on these guys or even call a few of them up to train with the team, but if you think you can replace guys like Onyeka, Aribo, Onyedika, etc. With guys who haven't even played professional football, you are mad.
I don't give a damn where they are playing now They are ready. These boys are not playing top flight because of the fact that they are Africans. How many 18 to 20 year old Africans do you see playing top flight Euro ball in top flight teams?The likes of Bellingham, Gavi etc are playing at a high level because they have European passports They are not prodigies like Messi or CR7. They are not special ballers so what stops us from grooming some of these kids and getting them ready for the future? We are thin in the middle so throwing these guys in the mix will increase competition and make the established players sit up. Why should we wait for Barca or Machester to buy them before we start calling them up?

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Exactly.

I like how you conveniently skipped the obvious lack of quality and depth in our midfield especially in light of the various forms of our current midfielders...Aribo is in the championship and no club wants him, there are no guarantees he will even be a starter in the freaking championship- does he really deserve a NT call up? I can understand Onyeka cause he's a decent option to replace a declining Ndidi. Once again the fact that only Onyedika, Iwobi and Yusuf are our most active midfielders right now in Europe doesn't worry you? We're one Iwobi injury away from a total collapse in that midfield. I don't think you guys TRULY understand how dire our midfield situation is.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:12 pm
Exactly.

I like how you conveniently skipped the obvious lack of quality and depth in our midfield especially in light of the various forms of our current midfielders...Aribo is in the championship and no club wants him, there are no guarantees he will even be a starter in the freaking championship- does he really deserve a NT call up? I can understand Onyeka cause he's a decent option to replace a declining Ndidi. Once again the fact that only Onyedika, Iwobi and Yusuf are our most active midfielders right now in Europe doesn't worry you? We're one Iwobi injury away from a total collapse in that midfield. I don't think you guys TRULY understand how dire our midfield situation is.
Don't. mind him. next time when they call up the same 4 midfielders he will start crying. I remember back in late 2018 when Ebere Eze was still at QPR I said it here that he needs to be called up to the SEs before England looked his way. The same people here crying because he is getting called up by England now were the same ones claiming he is too young and is not ready not good enoug bla bla bla . Now we have lost him for good. Useless people.

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Exactly.

Facts!! I like Ebenezer he's talented but even when he was at Remo Stars he wasn't starting (or getting regular minutes) for the first team, which is not a knock on him it just means we shouldn't "rush" the process
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Not sure he's currently better than the options we have. He has a lot of upside tho. Would like to see more of him in the ongoing U20 world cup. Hope he'll be fit for the next game and the ones after that?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Sunset wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 5:21 pm
Exactly.

Facts!! I like Ebenezer he's talented but even when he was at Remo Stars he wasn't starting (or getting regular minutes) for the first team, which is not a knock on him it just means we shouldn't "rush" the process
Sunset,
Do kindly list our current best starting midfield right now based on FORM. Let's start from there.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dude Aribo was the best midfielder in the Scottish league, a very physical league.

He completely changed out last game when he came into midfield, and has done well for SE on many occasions.

You are completely downplaying his quality to hype somebody who has not even played with men.

I get the excitement, but you need to chill.

These guys need to prove they can play with MEN.

They do that by making impacts AT THEIR CLUBS.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

We haven't even yet looked at Yusuf, Nwobodo who have done well for their clubs.

We've barely looked at Nwakali and Onyedika who have established for multiple seasons playing AGAINST MEN, in decent leagues.