Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Yum

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Yum

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:12 pm But the questions were already raised when Peseiro called him up. This is just noise by angry Nigerian agents trying to escalate their grievances.
Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:47 pm
1naija wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:11 pm Is club affiliation a requirement to play in the tournament?
It raises more questions just like Timubu. Sad.
Can you tell us where Yum Yum academy is in Abuja?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Why do we like embarrassing ourselves before the world like this? Yet people keep defending these types of behaviour! This is a new low for us and the world press is focusing on it while our so called journalists with their reprobate mindsets see nothing wrong. They should have been the ones asking these questions instead of foreign journalists but they’re more interested in praise worshipping the NFF and seeking media officer positions!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:28 am Why do we like embarrassing ourselves before the world like this? Yet people keep defending these types of behaviour! This is a new low for us and the world press is focusing on it while our so called journalists with their reprobate mindsets see nothing wrong. They should have been the ones asking these questions instead of foreign journalists but they’re more interested in praise worshipping the NFF and seeking media officer positions!
I know, right?
Nobody has been able to find out any details about this Yum-Yum club or academy but here we have a national coach confidently telling the world “it exists”, as if those words will magically bring it into existence.

I am just really worried that claiming registration with a non-existent institution isn’t breaking some obscure rule we are not aware of, or is some scam by someone somewhere trying to cash in on a potential transfer deal.

Surely, this needs further scrutiny and like you say, our journalists are doing jack shytt about it.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The day that Cybereagles members defending Salish, a criminal caught in tape, I knew that Nigerians were deeply corrupt and we were finished!

Most cybereagles members are corrupt and have no integrity. That’s the fact. Only a few of us here have integrity.

Dammy wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:28 am Why do we like embarrassing ourselves before the world like this? Yet people keep defending these types of behaviour! This is a new low for us and the world press is focusing on it while our so called journalists with their reprobate mindsets see nothing wrong. They should have been the ones asking these questions instead of foreign journalists but they’re more interested in praise worshipping the NFF and seeking media officer positions!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I guess the saying that there are 100 Okochas playing under Ikoyi bridge is true. :D :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: Bameyi. What a solid performance today!

Yum yum this, yum yum that..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bameyi is the worst RB I’ve ever seen in out youth team. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Hater. He was one of our best players today. He even saved what would have been a clear goal by Argentina by bursting out of to where to clear the ball from the Argentina player. Go and watch the highlights and stop hating. He led Nigeria to do what no other National team captain has done ... beat Argentina in a competitive game AT HOME. You can't take that from him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 am Bameyi is the worst RB I’ve ever seen in out youth team. :boo:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:18 am Hater. He was one of our best players today. He even saved what would have been a clear goal by Argentina by bursting out of to where to clear the ball from the Argentina player. Go and watch the highlights and stop hating. He led Nigeria to do what no other National team captain has done ... beat Argentina in a competitive game AT HOME. You can't take that from him.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 am Bameyi is the worst RB I’ve ever seen in out youth team. :boo:
Agent work no easy ooo :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:18 am Hater. He was one of our best players today. He even saved what would have been a clear goal by Argentina by bursting out of to where to clear the ball from the Argentina player. Go and watch the highlights and stop hating. He led Nigeria to do what no other National team captain has done ... beat Argentina in a competitive game AT HOME. You can't take that from him.
The CD dui of Frederick and Ogwuche were massive in the back, they saved Yum Yum literally every time Arg came for him. He’s useless.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Slow toad Tobi, join my agency so I can show you how to evaluate real talent. Bameyi may not progress to be a world class player., but no Nigerian team captain can boast of what he accomplished today as captain. You can't take from him. He is a legend....just like the great 1naija.
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:33 am
Agent work no easy ooo :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I watched him properly for the first time vs Argentina yesterday.
I've got to be honest, I really don't see the 'specialness' in this guy.

He must have some serious Godfather behind him to:
- Be invited to the SE camp
- Captain the FE
- Be registered with a non-existent club, Yum-Yum FC

Bamayi is pretty ordinary IMHO... with his tucked-in shirt.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did he tell you he had "specialness"? Did Garba Lawal have "Specialness"? Some players are just workhorses. They put their heads down and just work. Go back and look at him from that perspective.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:31 pm I watched him properly for the first time vs Argentina yesterday.

- Captain the FE

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:31 pm I watched him properly for the first time vs Argentina yesterday.

- Captain the FE

Nothing special about him at all
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

- Captain the FE

100% agree with you on this, I see Njoku as a far better prospect at RB in the long term, but at the same time you need these "ordinary" guys in a tournament setting as they are usually far more pragmatic when it comes down to it.

One other thing that's interesting about the setup is the entire starting backline are all either natural CB's or have some experience playing there
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I don't see Bameyi becoming a big star. However, he is very solid and consistent defensively. Doesn't offer too much going forward, however, not all teams play with 2 marauding full backs. I can see him going on to have a steady long career in Turkey, Portugal, Belgium or a decent European league. Don't think he'll be a big star, but he's a steady performer.

Btw, the game against Argentina was probably his worst game in the tournament, and he was average in that game.
airwolex wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:00 pm

- Captain the FE

Nothing special about him at all
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

olu wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:59 pm I don't see Bameyi becoming a big star. However, he is very solid and consistent defensively. Doesn't offer too much going forward, however, not all teams play with 2 marauding full backs. I can see him going on to have a steady long career in Turkey, Portugal, Belgium or a decent European league. Don't think he'll be a big star, but he's a steady performer.

Btw, the game against Argentina was probably his worst game in the tournament, and he was average in that game.
Phew!
I'll take this as a badly needed life-line because it is the only game I have watched in full in this tournament so far.
I am never one to crucify our team but I was pretty upset by the the quality (or lack of) of this our team in this game.

I think the sweetness of the victory over Argentina made up for it, but God, it was a classic 'A-B-F', 'KicknRush' game which we tend to disparage anywhere we see it.
First touch, decision-making, positioning, interplay.... I was sad.
But I already knew we had won so it compensated somehow.

Anyway, I am happy this was "the worst" rather than "the best" game we've played.
Na condition.
We will revert to our normal Naija game from now on, please God. :thumb:
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

The Argentina game was Bameyi's worst game in the tournament. Not sure I would necessarily classify it as the team's worst game. The strength of this team is its defensive discipline and organization. The team is set up to soak up pressure, hit teams on the counter, and squeeze out victories. It would be interesting to see how the team fairs against Korea in a game where the game should be more open and possession more balanced. Against teams like Italy and Argentina that dominate possession, the team looks quite comfortable. Not sure how we'll do when the possession is more even.

Btw, I think Bosso should start Umeh, Eletu, and Sarki ahead of Fago, Nnadi, and Muhammed respectively. The former will help us retain possession better. Umeh's hold up play is good, while Eletu is a much better passer than Nnadi. Sarki is also much more direct than Muhammed.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:52 pm
olu wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:59 pm I don't see Bameyi becoming a big star. However, he is very solid and consistent defensively. Doesn't offer too much going forward, however, not all teams play with 2 marauding full backs. I can see him going on to have a steady long career in Turkey, Portugal, Belgium or a decent European league. Don't think he'll be a big star, but he's a steady performer.

Phew!
I'll take this as a badly needed life-line because it is the only game I have watched in full in this tournament so far.
I am never one to crucify our team but I was pretty upset by the the quality (or lack of) of this our team in this game.

I think the sweetness of the victory over Argentina made up for it, but God, it was a classic 'A-B-F', 'KicknRush' game which we tend to disparage anywhere we see it.
First touch, decision-making, positioning, interplay.... I was sad.
But I already knew we had won so it compensated somehow.

Anyway, I am happy this was "the worst" rather than "the best" game we've played.
Na condition.
We will revert to our normal Naija game from now on, please God. :thumb:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 am I guess the saying that there are 100 Okochas playing under Ikoyi bridge is true. :D :D

:thumbs: :thumbs: Bameyi. What a solid performance today!

Yum yum this, yum yum that..
you are blind, he is the worst player on that team
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

😂😂😂😂
What has his tucked in shirt got to do with anything 🤣🤣🤣
Seriously though, dude has been average at best. Not worth the hype.

- Captain the FE

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Who has hyped him? He is a solid player at this level.
Otitokoro wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:24 pm 😂😂😂😂
What has his tucked in shirt got to do with anything 🤣🤣🤣
Seriously though, dude has been average at best. Not worth the hype.

- Captain the FE