Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Yum

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Yum

Post by YUJAM »

There's a story making rounds in the French press that the team he supposedly represents does not exist.

https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/nigerias- ... -4011.html
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Yum

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Italians are on the story too

https://news.italy24.press/sports/578772.html
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Our shame is now going global
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is club affiliation a requirement to play in the tournament?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This Yum-Yum ish again. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:11 pm Is club affiliation a requirement to play in the tournament?
I think the issue might be the non-existent club he claims to be registered with, rather than ‘clublessness’.
Could this be a sole individual hoping to clean out should Bameyi get snapped up?
Hmmmmm….I don’t put it past my people.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

1naija wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:11 pm Is club affiliation a requirement to play in the tournament?
No it isnt, but this is how he is likely to ruin his career, no matter how talented he is. They will think "if he can manufacture a club, what else is he lying about?" No club in Europe will touch him.

Do you remember former Lazio youth player, Joseph Minala? How the internet destroyed his career? even though an investigation was carried out and it was stated that he didnt lie about his age? But once it was out there, his career was damaged.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

YUJAM wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:42 pm There's a story making rounds in the French press that the team he supposedly represents does not exist.

https://bolavip.com/en/soccer/nigerias- ... -4011.html
:rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:00 pm Our shame is now going global
You can’t shame the shameless! I raised the issue on a WhatsApp sports journalist group and they just defended his selection with some of them justifying it by saying we took clubless players to the 1994 WC!
I suppose if we can justify a President elect who has no evidence of attending primary and secondary schools, we can justify anything!
Like someone posted on Rave and Rant, many Nigerians are damaged, they can’t differentiate between right or wrong, legal or illegality. If you try to point it out to them, they accuse you of being sanctimonious.
This non existent club situation could actually work against him like a poster stated.
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

The first sensible question I’ve ever heard you ask. Bravo👌🏿❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we complained about this during the AFCON qualifiers. Today the torey don get k leg..I am not one for age wahala...but Bameyi do not look 17
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Can somebody, anyone, please tell me what FIFA statute says that you have to belong to a club to play for the national team? If there isn’t one then the story is a non starter. Let’s find something else useful to talk about❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:00 pm Can somebody, anyone, please tell me what FIFA statute says that you have to belong to a club to play for the national team? If there isn’t one than the story is a non starter. Let’s find something else useful to talk about❗️

Cheers.
Like I said earlier, clublessness doesn’t break FIFA’s rules as far as I know unless the rules have changed.
I’m sure we’ve taken a few clubless players to the WC before.
The problem might be the non-existent Yum-Yum club.
Could be classified as a fraudulent claim.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:06 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:00 pm Can somebody, anyone, please tell me what FIFA statute says that you have to belong to a club to play for the national team? If there isn’t one than the story is a non starter. Let’s find something else useful to talk about❗️

Cheers.
Like I said earlier, clublessness doesn’t break FIFA’s rules as far as I know unless the rules have changed.
… even if it is a fraudulent claim, it does not violate any FIFA rules of competition; it has nothing to do with anything. We should, however, be wary of people and organizations that run with stories like this. There’s no telling what their agenda is❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Why is owngoal claiming Italian clubs are fighting to sign him.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:06 pm

Cheers.
The fraudulent side of things could open a can of worms here sadly to the detriment of the player, he can only blame his reps for this IMO. If he can make up a fake club, how can we trust his D.O.B?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

It raises more questions just like Timubu. Sad.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:38 pm Why is owngoal claiming Italian clubs are fighting to sign him.
I don't take every repeat from owngoal with a pinch of salt but they might be on to something here, they also reported Ac Milan and Liverpool are beaming their radar on Daga and I dug around and found this report from a Liverpool scout about Daga

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc- ... p-26991387

Expect more reports of top clubs hawking around these boys to sign after the tournament, Ladan Bosso may just have assembly a core of players that are ready for big careers ( contrary to football experts like you that think otherwise). The SE coach will definitely call up at least 5 U20 players from this set.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

If it is not a requirement, then the articles are pointless.
Damunk wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 8:20 pm
I think the issue might be the non-existent club he claims to be registered with, rather than ‘clublessness’.
Could this be a sole individual hoping to clean out should Bameyi get snapped up?
Hmmmmm….I don’t put it past my people.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

But the questions were already raised when Peseiro called him up. This is just noise by angry Nigerian agents trying to escalate their grievances.
Lolly wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 9:47 pm
It raises more questions just like Timubu. Sad.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Daniel Bameyi and FC Yum Y

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Gotti wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 11:41 pm
Why not refer the journalist to the Yum Yum management or the Nff? I hope this doesn’t become his Salisu moment that’ll haunt him forever. Funny that he made no reference to his time at the academy, just that he played vs Senegal. Also, Bameyi doesn’t look like a player that’s been in any long term trining as a footballer.
OCCUPY NFF!!