Maceo4, Yujam, Biitch Futcha and Senegal Bow your heads in SHAME!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Maceo4, Yujam, Biitch Futcha and Senegal Bow your heads in SHAME!!!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

YUJAM wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:34 pm I don't think it's specific to African players. Instead I think it comes down to leadership - the coach or onfield player that can keep players level headed. It even becomes more crucial when teams are desperate and become more prone to rash decisions. Senegal's desperation mounted as the tourney progressed and we saw that reflected in the decisions they made on the field.
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:08 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:44 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:28 am
wanaj0 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:08 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:04 am Brainless African football on display.

I counted 3 or 4 dangerous counters where a simple pass would do, but instead they chose to shoot from impossible angles.

Selfish brainless play. As if them no get teammates.
You said worse at the beginning of the Qatar WC but I know you will never learn.

Waiting for when you will see brainless European football on display :boo:

VE is wrong about a lot of things, but not on this issue. Shooting from impossible angles when a simple pass would do is maybe not an exclusively African thing, but a common enough African trait at big tournaments. Jordan Ayew probably cost Ghana qualification in 2014 when he did the same nonsense against Germany, while Ghana were 2-1 up. Senegal is notorious for doing this on the big stage as well.
You can address the issue without the generalization. Ayew cost Ghana qualification. You can list number of times England player has cost them qualification or made them to lose a match. Zidane probably cost France a WC trophy but no one said anything about European brainless play!
There is a specific pattern of behavior which we see quite a lot of from African players when certain scenarios develop on the football field. This behavior cannot be denied or wished away by whataboutery. It reveals deeper issues in the technical and tactical development of African players, in general.

The same France you mentioned have won 2 World Cups. When Africa wins 2 World Cups or even makes it to one WC final we will cut them the same slack we cut French players who exhibit the same behavior.
Probably, but as an African I'm mostly concerned with the fire in my own house, not that in other people's houses.

Wha choo looking at?!