Who on earth suggested that basket keeper to be our #1

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who on earth suggested that basket keeper to be our #1

Post by vancity eagle »

What a joke.

Nowhere near ready. 2 basket goals let in shot right at him. This is who people are clamoring for ?

I told you all u need to chill with hyping these underage players.

None of them are ready yet.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who on earth suggested that basket keeper to be our #1

Post by bret- hart »

He could have done better with the 2nd goal but the 1st goal was Bamayi's fault. He made some good saves in the 2nd half. That said he isnt ready just yet.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goalies at his age are all baskets in transition. There's not a serious footballing country that'll call an u20 goalie to the national team without yrs of club training. How many u20 or u20 goalies have ever made it to SE and how many got more than 5 caps?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:43 am
There's not a serious footballing country that'll call an u20 goalie to the national team without yrs of club training.
I agree.

Nigeria IS NOT a serious footballing country.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:37 am He could have done better with the 2nd goal but the 1st goal was Bamayi's fault. He made some good saves in the 2nd half. That said he isnt ready just yet.
Bro he has no excuse for the first goal.

Headed right at his hands and he couldn't stop it.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:17 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:37 am He could have done better with the 2nd goal but the 1st goal was Bamayi's fault. He made some good saves in the 2nd half. That said he isnt ready just yet.

You do realize there was a defender there who affected his movement and attempt to stop the goal right?

The second goal wasn't his best effort but overall he hasn't been a basket by any definition of the term.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Cito wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:12 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:17 am

You do realize there was a defender there who affected his movement and attempt to stop the goal right?

The second goal wasn't his best effort but overall he hasn't been a basket by any definition of the term.
Dont mind Vancity. He made like 3 good saves in the 2nd half including a 1V1. At this level Keepers are still sloppy. Not everybody is an Iker Callslas that was a goalkeeping Prodigy at 17. After this tournament tho he needs to leave Nigeria ASAP and get into a decent European team like Chiamaka Nnadozie did after the women's U20 world cup. With good development he can be a solid goalkeeper.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

He could have done better on the second goal. Even the best EPL goalkeepers concede similar goals at times.

He is in the national team as our third choice goalkeeper because we don't many options at that position. If you know a better goalkeeper that should take his position in the SE, let us know.

We did not lose because of him. Our defensive strategy was wrong for this game. Coach Bosso needs to look at the tape and adjust his strategy. The Brazilian player should not have had the chance to take such open shot. The goalkeeper was not our problem today. Our problem was finishing and trying to press high.

He is not a bad goalkeeper. If you want to know about bad goalkeepers, talk to agent Bret Fart.
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:12 am What a joke.

Nowhere near ready. 2 basket goals let in shot right at him. This is who people are clamoring for ?

I told you all u need to chill with hyping these underage players.

None of them are ready yet.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sorry but any quality keeper would have stopped that first goal.

No way is he close to being our #1
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is he our no. 1 or even no.2?
vancity eagle wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:08 am Sorry but any quality keeper would have stopped that first goal.

No way is he close to being our #1
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I think he had a good game. He made 2 or 3 good saves in the game. I agree he could have done better on the second goal, however, his defense left him exposed.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

The boy is not a good goalkeeper. Balls rarely stick. He always needs a second or third touch. Even when he kicks out, he is always sliding and off balance. I don’t expect to hear about him after this tournament.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Seems he’s just signed with a Second Division side in Ukraine… :shock:

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Someone needs to investigate this deal and intervene on behalf of the kid.
Gotti wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

They are still playing football in Ukraine???
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

I’m not sure this is a good idea at the moment….
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Gotti wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:35 pm
His agent is crazy. Thought western Ukraine is relatively safer, it is insane to migrate to a country that is at war with a monster like Russia.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

Why will anyone call this fine young ,am basket beats me. Honestly do peeps on this forum ever played this game call Football? I never saw the game but went to see the highlights. The two goals against his team has nothing to do with this young man.

The 2nd goal happens to the best of them in the world. I am talking World Class million dollar goalies. Abeg make una carry una anger go another place. It shows how naive most of you are about this game. Haba... Like my old coach use to tell us. "Where were you other 10 players on the field that could not stop that player taking shorts at your goalkeeper?. Now you complaining about dem score us? Shikennaaa
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Agbako wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:25 pm Why will anyone call this fine young ,am basket beats me. Honestly do peeps on this forum ever played this game call Football? I never saw the game but went to see the highlights. The two goals against his team has nothing to do with this young man.

The 2nd goal happens to the best of them in the world. I am talking World Class million dollar goalies. Abeg make una carry una anger go another place. It shows how naive most of you are about this game. Haba... Like my old coach use to tell us. "Where were you other 10 players on the field that could not stop that player taking shorts at your goalkeeper?. Now you complaining about dem score us? Shikennaaa
you should know people like the OP only wants and likes foreign born Nigerians playing for the national teams
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He seemed OK but was very slow to react on the shot that hit the post.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Agbako
Egg
Egg

Post by Agbako »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 am He seemed OK but was very slow to react on the shot that hit the post.
Yujam seriously? Are you just trying to get a rye? His own player headed the first goal in..... manning the right post during a corner kick. If that player was not there obstructing the poor boys view and assess to the ball he might have had a go at it. Will the ball still go in ..? yes probably. But he could have had an attempted.

The 2nd goal beats the best of the goal keepers out there. How many goals we don deh see for uefa and epl wey dem dey nutmeg goalie to score. Lets be very fair in our criticisms. I dont know dis boy from Adam. Thanks all. Look the guy that took that shot all alone in almost a 6 yd line from goal. Haba.... Give the boy a break. The team no good reach.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Agbako wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:48 am
YUJAM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:24 am He seemed OK but was very slow to react on the shot that hit the post.
Yujam seriously? Are you just trying to get a rye? His own player headed the first goal in..... manning the right post during a corner kick. If that player was not there obstructing the poor boys view and assess to the ball he might have had a go at it. Will the ball still go in ..? yes probably. But he could have had an attempted.

The 2nd goal beats the best of the goal keepers out there. How many goals we don deh see for uefa and epl wey dem dey nutmeg goalie to score. Lets be very fair in our criticisms. I dont know dis boy from Adam. Thanks all. Look the guy that took that shot all alone in almost a 6 yd line from goal. Haba.... Give the boy a break. The team no good reach.
Im pretty sure Yujam is talking about the Argentina game here. He's not bad imo but he seems to have at least 2 brain fart moments a game from what I've seen so far