Nacho & Ndidi Relegated. Iwobi survives drop.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Relegation Day- Iwobi v Nacho

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Leicester scores again but if the scoreline at Goodison Park holds up, it will be meaningless❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

This is tough. I now want Leicester to survive not Everton as the thought of Ndidi and Nacho relegation sinks in, they're the only 2 players from our youth setup. Iwobi will be OK if relegated
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

The funny thing is that not too long ago Westham were in the relegation fight.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Kele off...hopefully lLeicester goes down... I expect Wilf and Kele to move..They should not be playing in the championship
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Iwobi nah baller
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

10 mins extra time ...Everton fans are shaking 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

If BOU scores medics will need to start a triage unit at Goodison
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

So glad Leicester was relegated. They thought they could sell off their players not strengthen their squad, not play the likes of Kele, hold on to a clearly failing coach for long and not suffer the consequences…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nacho & Ndidi Relegated. Iwobi survives drop.

Post by King Futcha »

ha, some of the everton fans protesting.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 pm So glad Leicester was relegated. They thought they could sell off their players not strengthen their squad, not play the likes of Kele, hold on to a clearly failing coach for long and not suffer the consequences…
What players did they sell? They messed up
By not firing Rodgers a long time ago. They also screwed up in the transfer market 2 seasons ago.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The look on Ihenacho's face at the final whistle of the Everton game.. na wao.

Meanwhile congrats to Iwobi for a well deserved survival.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

And Leicester go down, hopefully they fix up board issues and come back to the Prem.

Iheanacho will definitely move to a mid table PL side or top decent Seria A club, still has a lot of quality.

I'm worried for Ndidi, with his worrying injury record and fast decline, I'm not so sure any club will want to risk it buying him, our boys career might just be done at 26 if he doesn't get a good physio to recondition his fitness.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Everton will also have to sell players
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

PL has 3 rolled into 1 league format.

1, CL qualification. About 6 teams are good enough to compete. 1 will win the league.

2, Europa league and guaranteed PL status. 8 teams compete to make Europa and automatically avoid relegation battles.

3, Relegation Trophy. 6 teams fight for survival in the PL to keep the $ money rolling and hope of staying in the league. They have nothing else to play for.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Tobi17 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:43 pm And Leicester go down, hopefully they fix up board issues and come back to the Prem.

Iheanacho will definitely move to a mid table PL side or top decent Seria A club, still has a lot of quality.

I'm worried for Ndidi, with his worrying injury record and fast decline, I'm not so sure any club will want to risk it buying him, our boys career might just be done at 26 if he doesn't get a good physio to recondition his fitness.
The word from inside Leicester is that Ndidi needs a full off season to recondition himself and he’ll be fine. But I think he’ll be playing in the Championship next season as you say.

Nacho is a tough one. He so clearly makes Leicester better but the fact he can also be a luxury in the modern game may hurt him. I can’t see who would want him in the Prem. Italy feels like the right place for him to head.

It’s been an odd season in Europe for the SE. Osimhen, Awoniyi, Chukwueze and until he ran out of gas Lookman had good seasons. Onyeka played his part too in a great Brentford season. Moffi made a big move.

But too many of our guys especially in the Prem scraped the bottom with Onuachu, Aribo, Nacho and Ndidi all relegated. Nantes had a sub-par season too.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:41 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 pm So glad Leicester was relegated. They thought they could sell off their players not strengthen their squad, not play the likes of Kele, hold on to a clearly failing coach for long and not suffer the consequences…
By not firing Rodgers a long time ago. They also screwed up in the transfer market 2 seasons ago.
Their keeper, the young French CB they sold to Chelsea were the biggest and I’m sure others and didn’t add in any competent new blood to the team. Not firing Rodgers soon enough was also a big mistake…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:26 pm
packerland wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 6:41 pm
Their keeper, the young French CB they sold to Chelsea were the biggest and I’m sure others and didn’t add in any competent new blood to the team. Not firing Rodgers soon enough was also a big mistake…
Wesley Fofana you mean. The guy refused to train once Chelsea were seriously interested in his services. Selling Schmeichel was a big mistake but the biggest mistake was starting that basket Danny Ward for 26 games before realizing that Iversen is the better keeper.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It did not matter which of Everton and Leicester got relegated because Iwobi, Iheanacho, and Ndidi are not going to play in the Championship. Even if they want to stay Leicester will be pushing Iheanacho and Ndidi out of the door because they cannot afford to pay Premier League salaries in the Championship. Leicester will have a massive clear out (Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Evans etc). The only way Iheanacho and Ndidi will stay is if they agree to take a massive pay cut (something elite professional footballers are not known for).
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

wiseone wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:41 am It did not matter which of Everton and Leicester got relegated because Iwobi, Iheanacho, and Ndidi are not going to play in the Championship. Even if they want to stay Leicester will be pushing Iheanacho and Ndidi out of the door because they cannot afford to pay Premier League salaries in the Championship. Leicester will have a massive clear out (Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Evans etc). The only way Iheanacho and Ndidi will stay is if they agree to take a massive pay cut (something elite professional footballers are not known for).
Iheanacho and Ndidi would struggle to get any takers in the Premier League especially Ndidi.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Oddly enough I think Ndidi is the more likely of the two to remain in the EPL because his playing style is suited to the league. Iheanacho would score more goals in France or Turkey.
Lolly wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:53 am
Iheanacho and Ndidi would struggle to get any takers in the Premier League especially Ndidi.
Last edited by wiseone on Mon May 29, 2023 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

It's just on e season imho. If Leicester keeps all his players, wll be back in Premier League next year.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If Leicester keeps its current squad on the same wages in the Championship, and does not immediately get promoted back to the Premier League, the club will be bankrupt within a few years.
pindal123 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:01 pm It's just on e season imho. If Leicester keeps all his players, wll be back in Premier League next year.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

pindal123 wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 12:01 pm It's just on e season imho. If Leicester keeps all his players, wll be back in Premier League next year.
About 7 of their key players have their contract running out in July.
A whole bunch who could be sold to fetch more money has clauses for relegation in their contract which makes them cheaper.

The club management is clueless and their coach search will be shambolic as usual.

Leicester is gonna stay a while down there.
Playmaker Maddison - the club's crown jewel - and £60m-rated winger Harvey Barnes are expected to leave, but should fetch a fair price.

The 'parachute payments' that follow relegation will boost the coffers too, so they are set to bounce straight back up, right? Wrong.

If Leicester's search for Rodgers' replacement was farcical, the lack of a plan for their players makes for even worse reading.

Seven are out of contract in June, including internationals Youri Tielemans and Caglar Soyuncu, who would have commanded significant transfer fees if sold last summer.

Deals for a further eight players expire next year and, with cuts of up to 50% written into contracts should the club be relegated,
there is likely be a huge overhaul of the staff.

Leicester's wage bill stands at £180m - the highest outside the top six - with Maddison, Jamie Vardy and Ricardo Pereira among a number of players to earn in excess of £100,000 a week.

The club showed income of £214m in their accounts up to May 2022, but this will reduce to about £70m in the Championship.

The main issue they face is a loan agreed with Australian bank Macquarie for advanced payments on player amortisation and broadcasting revenue.

That is set against TV money so it is quite feasible the club will not see any of the 'parachute payments' as they will be allocated towards paying the quarterly interest on the loan, which stood at £19m last year.

Leicester's total borrowings stand at £344m, but much of that is related to the owners, who wrote off £194m earlier this season,
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65622943
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."