It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Post by Cellular »

What time is the game?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Cmoke wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:18 pm Argentina U20 coach Javier Mascherano has warned his players to be wary of the threat Nigeria pose on the counter-attack ahead of Wednesday evening's FIFA U20 World Cup round of 16 tie at the Estadio San Juan del Bicentenario, San Juan.

Mascherano also noted that the Flying Eagles are blessed with players with physicality, and have a good pedigree in the FIFA U20 World Cup, having finished runners-up twice in 1989 and 2005.

The former Liverpool and Barcelona midfielder is aware that Los Cebollitas will be facing a strong rival who finished third in a complicated Group D, level on six points with Brazil and Italy.

Nigeria showed their counter attacking prowess in the build-up to Jude Sunday's goal against Italy when the winger nipped in and showed terrific composure to get his angle spot on and guide the ball home in stoppage time to seal the win.

Still in the same game, Emmanuel Umeh collided with an Italian defender Gabriele Guarino but showed his physical presence by springing straight up before lifting the ball to Salim Fago Lawal who headed home the opener.

Mascherano emphasized that Argentina have to control the game by being in possession of the ball.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Mascherano was quoted as saying by ESPN: "Nigeria is a strong rival, especially physically . We know the record it has in these categories. It is a classic in this competition.

"We have analyzed it, you have to be very careful with your direct play, with your players in the middle forward and above all, in their transitions because they can do a lot of damage.

"It is a team that will be waiting when we have the ball, to recover and come out of counterattack .

"Running we are not going to beat them. It is essential that the ball be ours . I imagine a game in which we have control through possession and from there, go attacking as a block and not with players off the hook.

"Doing that implies a long team and with that Nigeria takes advantage of us. We must go phase by phase".

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=47601
I wish I could have held a presser on behalf of Bosso to respond to Mascherano predominantly focussing on
The home advantage.
About the difficulty the referee will have in being swayed by the home crowd.
The importance of VAR in managing dealing with simulation.
The importance of the integrity of the competition being upheld.
Finish it off by saying its been the "best" U20 to date :taunt:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cellular wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:02 pm What time is the game?
10 PM Nigerian time

Wha choo looking at?!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Kai.... jam packed stadium. This is a yuuuge game for our boys future. We if beat them at home it'll be like winning the olympics. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

link abeg oooo
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

I knew we would. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:59 pm I knew we would. :thumbs:
Liar, liar, pants on fire🤣❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:55 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 am You inferior, small-minded nitwits should try to remember that Argentina did not qualify for the U20 World Cup on their own merit. They only snuck in through the back door as last minute hosts. Argentina were in a group that included New Zealand, Uzbekistan and mighty Fiji. New Zealand and Uzbekistan were both embarrassed by the Us and Israel respectively in the second round. So, you self denigrating clowns should think about that before you disrespect the Flying Eagles any further🤔❗️

Cheers.

We’ll come back to this post after the game and you’ll be praised or rubbished as necessary.

You’re the true son of your fada. No mind useless kongi the Amala swallower. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

ITK txj, local coach Bosso taught your boy Mascherano a lesson. Oh I forgot, it's our physical strength that overpowered them, not coaching.
txj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:54 pm Argentina's coached by my boy Mascherano...

They play a 4-5-1 under him, which can morph into a 4-1-4-1, with Redondo at the base of the MF.

They are very strong on the left side, and Romero has emerged as a proper #10 since the first game where they struggled...

IMO, the challenge for Nigeria will be dealing with MF runners, and their counterattacks...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

The non believers owe us apology!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?
I don't remember Argentina ever beating us without Messi or Maradona.
We beat them sometimes senseless!

They are scared to death of us.

Cmoke
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cmoke wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 am The non believers owe us apology!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?
I don't remember Argentina ever beating us without Messi or Maradona.
We beat them sometimes senseless!

They are scared to death of us.

Cmoke
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i dey wait for 2026 , when no Messi... dem go hear am.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

We said it but inferiority complex still dey affect some!
Cmoke wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:04 am Ma broda,

I tire oh!
People seem to not know that teams fear Naija.
Given that we played both Brazil and Italy in our group, our boys are better prepared for this match than Argentina.
Additionally, the pressure on these young Argentines is massive.

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 am You inferior, small-minded nitwits should try to remember that Argentina did not qualify for the U20 World Cup on their own merit. They only snuck in through the back door as last minute hosts. Argentina were in a group that included New Zealand, Uzbekistan and mighty Fiji. New Zealand and Uzbekistan were both embarrassed by the Us and Israel respectively in the second round. So, you self denigrating clowns should think about that before you disrespect the Flying Eagles any further🤔❗️

Cheers.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Oga abeg eat your humble pie!!!
Cmoke wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 pm I am convinced you have not watched any of our matches
Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm Whether Argentina qualified for this competition or not they have the advantages going into this match:
They will be playing at home;
The Nigerian team struggle to score
The Nigerian team cannot defend set plays
The Nigerian left back is a major liability
The Nigerian team lack quality in the attack
The Nigerian team is poor at set plays (they don’t practice)
The Argentinian team scores
They will be supported by the ref
Brazil have shown Argentina how to beat Nigeria
Argentina are good at set-plays (they practice)
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cheers.

We’ll come back to this post after the game and you’ll be praised or rubbished as necessary.
WELLLLLLL❓😀😀😀❗️

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:09 pm I don't see a clear favorite in this match, even with home advantage. It's a toss up. 2-1 to either side.
I guess the heavy fart fumes produced by Tony the rat hunter blinded him to this unpatriotic post by the great Scipio! :thumbs: Ewu dementia! :curse:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 am

Cheers.

WELLLLLLL❓😀😀😀❗️

Cheers.
Shaaaatttttaaapppppppp! You stupid bozo! :laugh:

Wha choo looking at?!
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

I am glad I didn't watch that match live and only saw the highlights. The boys did well though to be as solid as they were at the back, I don't recall any one to one chances from them.

Good game, good result
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

@ 1naija:

Keep on trolling...

txj wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm I think our chances are good if we can just add a little more quality to our athletic dominance
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp