It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

u20 world cup :shock:

It’s them again. :shock: FE will have to beat Arg in Arg to qualify for the quarter finals.
I’m tired of playing Argentina, sick of playing them and getting thumped every time. Even when we get 6pts out of 9pts we still get Argentina. Ki lo de? Na by force? Anyway sha, we have nothing to lose because nobody will expect us to beat them. Maybe our boys will be extra motivated for this one. Perhaps God wants to reward us for decades of losing to Arg by giving us victory on their soil. De tin taya me sef.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Post by Igugu »

Argies! Nigeria's nightmare!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...we beat the in at a 1996 sub-senior match, aka Olympics, we can beat them here too.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:37 pm u20 world cup :shock:

It’s them again. :shock: FE will have to beat Arg in Arg to qualify for the quarter finals.
I’m tired of playing Argentina, sick of playing them and getting thumped every time. Even when we get 6pts out of 9pts we still get Argentina. Ki lo de? Na by force? Anyway sha, we have nothing to lose because nobody will expect us to beat them. Maybe our boys will be extra motivated for this one. Perhaps God wants to reward us for decades of losing to Arg by giving us victory on their soil. De tin taya me sef.
I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Argentina, they only qualified as the host, they didn't even make it out of the group during the South American u20 championship and their group in the u20 world cup were new Zealand, Uzbekistan and Guatemala enough said
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

We are out!!!! Hopefully we qualify for the next one in 2025!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Brasil in their half have USA, Tunisia, New Zealand, Gambia, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Israel

Nigeria have Argentina, Colombia, Slovakia, England, Italy, Ecuador and South Korea

I say Brasil look final favorites.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I think our chances are good if we can just add a little more quality to our athletic dominance
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm I think our chances are good if we can just add a little more quality to our athletic dominance
Yes. The quality we need to add is called scoring. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:14 pm
txj wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:03 pm I think our chances are good if we can just add a little more quality to our athletic dominance
Yes. The quality we need to add is called scoring. :laugh:
its actually coaching which is essentially why we got Argentina. Imagine a last game we have virtually nothing to at stake except don't concede yet we instead went all out attacking like a bunch of Coachless idioots.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

I’d say our race is run.

They will do whatever it takes to ensure they win. I saw their 1st against the Uzbeks - the crowd virtually willed them to win that game.

The longer we hang on the more the crowd will become restless but all it takes is for them to start flopping and resorting to the dark arts and we’re done.

The Brazil game was where it all went pear shaped 😟. We literally dropped the ball big time 😡😤
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?
I don't remember Argentina ever beating us without Messi or Maradona.
We beat them sometimes senseless!

They are scared to death of us.

Cmoke
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Quality wise, we’re superior to Argentina. We should win going away❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?

Cmoke
When did that happen? :|
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?

Cmoke
I don’t know about that. I think we beat them in u-17 with Kanu set and in the Olympics(u-23). I can’t remember us meeting them in U-20. They know we play them tough at all levels but they are definitely not scared of us.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Cmoke
2002. Anyway are Messi and Maradona not Argentines again?

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I mean at some point we've got to stop being Argentina's football biatch and say enough is enough
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

From what I seen so far from this Nigerian team they should prepare to return to Nigeria. Maybe checkout the sights, try some Argentina cuisine and pack ready to check out.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Flex Swift wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:49 am From what I seen so far from this Nigerian team they should prepare to return to Nigeria. Maybe checkout the sights, try some Argentina cuisine and pack ready to check out.
...nothing to see in a country with current inflation rate at over 108%. Maybe the best part to see is the stadium and their hotel stay.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

mcal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:37 am
Flex Swift wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:49 am From what I seen so far from this Nigerian team they should prepare to return to Nigeria. Maybe checkout the sights, try some Argentina cuisine and pack ready to check out.
...nothing to see in a country with current inflation rate at over 108%. Maybe the best part to see is the stadium and their hotel stay.
It is a spectacularly beautiful country but question is whether the Naira can actually pay for something there with that inflation rate of 108% :D
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

There is a lot that I’m not happy about with this FE team, but they suffocate teams. After playing 3 of the weakest teams in the tournament, Argentina are about to face a different proposition.

I think this is a close tie and the FE lack class in the final third, but the are the more impressive team and I give them edge here.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

There is a lot more to life than economic figures.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

kawawa wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:37 pm
It is a spectacularly beautiful country but question is whether the Naira can actually pay for something there with that inflation rate of 108% :D
...granted it may be an experience for some who have not traveled there to talk about. As long as there their mission there is to play and win, sight seeing is a distant secondary.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:52 pm
There is a lot more to life than economic figures.
...true, but in a country that have no open black population. Will be interesting.