It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: It’s Nigeria vs Argentina again

Post by YemiBrazil »

mcal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 2:23 pm
YemiBrazil wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 1:52 pm
mcal wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:37 am
Flex Swift wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 9:49 am From what I seen so far from this Nigerian team they should prepare to return to Nigeria. Maybe checkout the sights, try some Argentina cuisine and pack ready to check out.
...nothing to see in a country with current inflation rate at over 108%. Maybe the best part to see is the stadium and their hotel stay.
There is a lot more to life than economic figures.
...true, but in a country that have no open black population. Will be interesting.
Now that's a valid point in my opinion.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

All the remaining African teams are all playing South Americans..Gambia v Uruguay. Brazil v Tunisia and yours truly v Argentina
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Argentina's coached by my boy Mascherano...

They play a 4-5-1 under him, which can morph into a 4-1-4-1, with Redondo at the base of the MF.

They are very strong on the left side, and Romero has emerged as a proper #10 since the first game where they struggled...

IMO, the challenge for Nigeria will be dealing with MF runners, and their counterattacks...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:54 pm Argentina's coached by my boy Mascherano...

They play a 4-5-1 under him, which can morph into a 4-1-4-1, with Redondo at the base of the MF.

They are very strong on the left side, and Romero has emerged as a proper #10 since the first game where they struggled...

IMO, the challenge for Nigeria will be dealing with MF runners, and their counterattacks...
And probably their diving antics…
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Now I remember dem beating a hapless Onigbinde team 1-0 in Japan Korean.
Go ask dem if they are happy to draw Naija.

Cmoke

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 6:20 am
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?
I don't remember Argentina ever beating us without Messi or Maradona.
We beat them sometimes senseless!

They are scared to death of us.

Cmoke
2002. Anyway are Messi and Maradona not Argentines again?
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Google and Amala are your friends, bro!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 3:53 am
Cmoke wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:43 am Does any of you think Argentina is happy to draw Naija?
I don't remember Argentina ever beating us without Messi or Maradona.
We beat them sometimes senseless!

They are scared to death of us.

Cmoke
When did that happen? :|
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Damunk wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:29 pm
txj wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:54 pm Argentina's coached by my boy Mascherano...

And probably their diving antics…
I guarantee at least one PK for Argentina ...

Wha choo looking at?!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

You inferior, small-minded nitwits should try to remember that Argentina did not qualify for the U20 World Cup on their own merit. They only snuck in through the back door as last minute hosts. Argentina were in a group that included New Zealand, Uzbekistan and mighty Guatamela. New Zealand and Uzbekistan were both embarrassed by the Us and Israel respectively in the second round. So, you self denigrating clowns should think about that before you disrespect the Flying Eagles any further🤔❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 am You inferior, small-minded nitwits should try to remember that Argentina did not qualify for the U20 World Cup on their own merit. They only snuck in through the back door as last minute hosts. Argentina were in a group that included New Zealand, Uzbekistan and mighty Fiji. New Zealand and Uzbekistan were both embarrassed by the Us and Israel respectively in the second round. So, you self denigrating clowns should think about that before you disrespect the Flying Eagles any further🤔❗️

Cheers.

We’ll come back to this post after the game and you’ll be praised or rubbished as necessary.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 1:55 am ...we beat the in at a 1996 sub-senior match, aka Olympics, we can beat them here too.
Yeah, we can beat them, but realistically, our chances of beating them is very slim, if it exists at all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Undertaker wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:07 am We are out!!!! Hopefully we qualify for the next one in 2025!
Not necessarily so, but you might be correct
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:55 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:36 am You inferior, small-minded nitwits should try to remember that Argentina did not qualify for the U20 World Cup on their own merit. They only snuck in through the back door as last minute hosts. Argentina were in a group that included New Zealand, Uzbekistan and mighty Fiji. New Zealand and Uzbekistan were both embarrassed by the Us and Israel respectively in the second round. So, you self denigrating clowns should think about that before you disrespect the Flying Eagles any further🤔❗️

Cheers.

We’ll come back to this post after the game and you’ll be praised or rubbished as necessary.
If the Flying Eagles lose to this Argentina team, they’ll only have themselves to blame🤔❗️

Cheers
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ma broda,

I tire oh!
People seem to not know that teams fear Naija.
Given that we played both Brazil and Italy in our group, our boys are better prepared for this match than Argentina.
Additionally, the pressure on these young Argentines is massive.

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Cmoke wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:04 am Ma broda,

I tire oh!
People seem to not know that teams fear Naija.
Given that we played both Brazil and Italy in our group, our boys are better prepared for this match than Argentina.
Additionally, the pressure on these young Argentines is massive.

Cheers.
Having watched both teams’ games, I make Nigeria slight favourites. More complete side but home advantage could be a big deal.

In terms of opposition faced so far, we’re so much better prepared than they are for this.

My sense is 2:1 to the FE.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

This will be Argentina's first real test in the tournament. So far they've played some weak teams.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Argentinan fans are cruel on their national teams
if we take the lead, they'll start cursing their boys
i saw it live during usa 94 and 2018 W/C
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Whether Argentina qualified for this competition or not they have the advantages going into this match:
They will be playing at home;
The Nigerian team struggle to score
The Nigerian team cannot defend set plays
The Nigerian left back is a major liability
The Nigerian team lack quality in the attack
The Nigerian team is poor at set plays (they don’t practice)
The Argentinian team scores
They will be supported by the ref
Brazil have shown Argentina how to beat Nigeria
Argentina are good at set-plays (they practice)
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

It was reported that there was a 4.3 earthquake at the match venue.

Cmoke

Purity wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:30 pm
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

I am convinced you have not watched any of our matches
Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm Whether Argentina qualified for this competition or not they have the advantages going into this match:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I don't see a clear favorite in this match, even with home advantage. It's a toss up. 2-1 to either side.

Wha choo looking at?!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Argentina U20 coach Javier Mascherano has warned his players to be wary of the threat Nigeria pose on the counter-attack ahead of Wednesday evening's FIFA U20 World Cup round of 16 tie at the Estadio San Juan del Bicentenario, San Juan.

Mascherano also noted that the Flying Eagles are blessed with players with physicality, and have a good pedigree in the FIFA U20 World Cup, having finished runners-up twice in 1989 and 2005.

The former Liverpool and Barcelona midfielder is aware that Los Cebollitas will be facing a strong rival who finished third in a complicated Group D, level on six points with Brazil and Italy.

Nigeria showed their counter attacking prowess in the build-up to Jude Sunday's goal against Italy when the winger nipped in and showed terrific composure to get his angle spot on and guide the ball home in stoppage time to seal the win.

Still in the same game, Emmanuel Umeh collided with an Italian defender Gabriele Guarino but showed his physical presence by springing straight up before lifting the ball to Salim Fago Lawal who headed home the opener.

Mascherano emphasized that Argentina have to control the game by being in possession of the ball.

Speaking to reporters on Tuesday, Mascherano was quoted as saying by ESPN: "Nigeria is a strong rival, especially physically . We know the record it has in these categories. It is a classic in this competition.

"We have analyzed it, you have to be very careful with your direct play, with your players in the middle forward and above all, in their transitions because they can do a lot of damage.

"It is a team that will be waiting when we have the ball, to recover and come out of counterattack .

"Running we are not going to beat them. It is essential that the ball be ours . I imagine a game in which we have control through possession and from there, go attacking as a block and not with players off the hook.

"Doing that implies a long team and with that Nigeria takes advantage of us. We must go phase by phase".

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=47601
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Cmoke wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 pm I am convinced you have not watched any of our matches
Flex Swift wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 12:59 pm Whether Argentina qualified for this competition or not they have the advantages going into this match:
That right I didn’t watch Nigeria give away a pen against Dominican Republic. And I didn’t see the same defender give away another pen against Italy before VAR overturned the decision only because there was a hand ball in the build up. Further more I’d didn’t see the same defender get roasted for pace against Brasil.

Furthermore Italy beat Dominican Republic by 3 goals Brasil beat the same team 6-0 Nigeria laboured to beat Dominican Republic 2-1 and one of Nigeria’s goals was an own goal.

Nigeria failed to score a single goal against Brasil in a game that all they needed was a draw to avoid Argentina. In the same game Brasil was cutting Nigeria defence wide open countless times in the first half and poor finishing kept the score down to 2 goals. So many fast breaks with four on two defenders. Nigeria’s left back was beaten for pace multiply times

But hey lets pretend none of this happened and by some miracle the team improves on it finishing and the left back Agbalaka doesn’t defend like he is brain dead the team takes advantage of their set plays (because they practiced) then yes they stand a chance…….