U16 Tournament - Nigeria (0) vs Netherlands (1) - In Japan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
U16 Tournament - Nigeria (0) vs Netherlands (1) - In Japan

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U16 Tournament - Nigeria (0) vs Netherlands (1) - In Japan

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

^
No limits. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...any u-whatever we go dey there. I bet there's this one specially appointed NFA guy monitoring fifa website :lol: :lol:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

For those who understand football and the modern game, even here you can see the STARK DIFFERENCE between how the two sets of players are being developed.

We will continue to depend on Europe to properly develop our players...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

txj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:08 pm For those who understand football and the modern game, even here
you can see the STARK DIFFERENCE between how the two sets of players are being developed.

Our coaches seem fixed on 'supposed talent', and physical abilities.
They don't try to impact the psychology of team discipline, the quick pass, ball possession
knowing where not to shoot from and spreading the field. What works in yester years are not
as effective today.
As for us always looking to foreign talents? This is due those in charge of the sport not able to
develop the domestic league, players, and coaches. The sport needs people who are appointed
on merit instead of mere favors.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Proud of the young lads. The coach will see their mistakes and correct them. Afterall these are the same LOCAL coaches that won five (5) U-17 world cups for Nigeria.
And to those of you who see everything Nigeria team with jaundiced eyes, who see everything through oyibo prism continue to enjoy your depressed and unsatiated life.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I saw an opportunity for the midfielder to make a through pass to the forward, which would have presented a one-on-one opportunity with the GK. Instead, he decided to test the keeper from 30 yards. Poor decisions
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Abbey wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 pm :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Proud of the young lads. The coach will see their mistakes and correct them. Afterall these are the same LOCAL coaches that won five (5) U-17 world cups for Nigeria.
And to those of you who see everything Nigeria team with jaundiced eyes, who see everything through oyibo prism continue to enjoy your depressed and unsatiated life.

You can be proud of the boys; proud of our 'achievements' and yet point out our weaknesses, so we can improve...

Its typically a lack of proper education that fails to see the linkage between these...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Apparently this team includes someone who was raised in Gambia

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/05/ ... therlands/
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

txj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:09 pm

You can be proud of the boys; proud of our 'achievements' and yet point out our weaknesses, so we can improve...

Its typically a lack of proper education that fails to see the linkage between these...
Yeah ... I see you are a typical conceited !d!ot. I wonder what you achieved in life as a 16-year old.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Abbey wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:31 pm

Yeah ... I see you are a typical conceited angel*. I wonder what you achieved in life as a 16-year old.

Like I said, proper education informs that we can be proud of the boys yet able to point out where we need to improve...

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Abbey wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:31 pm

Yeah ... I see you are a typical conceited !d!ot. I wonder what you achieved in life as a 16-year old.
No mind am, His so called proper education didn’t teach him not to vote for Tinubu
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: U16 Tournament - Nigeria (0) vs Netherlands (1) - In Japa

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:08 pm For those who understand football and the modern game, even here you can see the STARK DIFFERENCE between how the two sets of players are being developed.

We will continue to depend on Europe to properly develop our players…
Haven’t watched the game yet (will do that later)…
But the kids flew Abuja-Nairobi-Soeul-Tokyo, arriving a day (or two) before the game.

Kids could’ve simply been jet-lagged (which is both physical and mental)…
So would await for the entirety of the tournament to reach any verdicts on development.

Reality is one cannot outrun one’s shadow…
And frankly we have administrative and organizational issues that affect the product on the field.

HAVE FUN KIDS…
These sorts of outings are all about personal and footballing growth. 🎉
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
kawawa
Egg
Egg
Re: U16 Tournament - Nigeria (0) vs Netherlands (1) - In Japa

Post by kawawa »

Gotti wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 9:52 pm
txj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:08 pm For those who understand football and the modern game, even here you can see the STARK DIFFERENCE between how the two sets of players are being developed.

We will continue to depend on Europe to properly develop our players…
Haven’t watched the game yet (will do that later)…
But the kids flew Abuja-Nairobi-Soeul-Tokyo, arriving a day (or two) before the game.

Kids could’ve simply been jet-lagged (which is both physical and mental)…
So would await for the entirety of the tournament to reach any verdicts on development.

Reality is one cannot outrun one’s shadow…
And frankly we have administrative and organizational issues that affect the product on the field.

HAVE FUN KIDS…
These sorts of outings are all about personal and footballing growth. 🎉
>
Second that. We have administrative organizational issues everywhere. I was at the Nigerian consulate in NY today appropriately called Nigeria House and what shining example of organizational ineptitude. This stuff just seeps through every part of our organizations.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Robotnik wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:11 pm I saw an opportunity for the midfielder to make a through pass to the forward, which would have presented a one-on-one opportunity with the GK. Instead, he decided to test the keeper from 30 yards. Poor decisions
Are thes U17 players?Youth are expected to make mistakes but at least he displayed confidence, a little over confident but at that stage theirs room for error.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:28 am Image
DAMN :shock:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm
txj wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:08 pm For those who understand football and the modern game, even here
you can see the STARK DIFFERENCE between how the two sets of players are being developed.

Our coaches seem fixed on 'supposed talent', and physical abilities.
They don't try to impact the psychology of team discipline, the quick pass, ball possession
knowing where not to shoot from and spreading the field. What works in yester years are not
as effective today.
As for us always looking to foreign talents? This is due those in charge of the sport not able to
develop the domestic league, players, and coaches. The sport needs people who are appointed
on merit instead of mere favors.
I might be wrong but I always thought the onus for coach development falls on the individual, not the government, the Sports Ministry or the NFF.

None of us relied on the government to send us for advanced studies in our chosen professions.
Why should the coaching profession be any different?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Well hopefully the kids learn from this experience and improve. Thankfully this is an exhibition tournament, not a WAFU, CAF, or FIFA competition.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:58 pmI might be wrong but I always thought the onus for coach development falls on the individual, not the government, the Sports Ministry or the NFF.

None of us relied on the government to send us for advanced studies in our chosen professions.
Why should the coaching profession be any different?
Governments gave/give out scholarships (domestic and foreign), bursaries, grants, etc.
Not to mention that medical school education (such as yours) in Nigeria was/is HEAVILY-SUBSIDIZED!

Even in the UK, those of us who went to public schools and can afford Oxbridge fees still received grants…
In the US, there are government-GUARANTEED loan programs (with some forgiveness, and mass forgiveness now in discourse).

Depends on whether government thinks skilled indigenous (and thus residual) manpower a ‘PUBLIC good’ to invest in…
Or conversely to continue to SHORTSIGHTEDLY AND CLUELESSLY throw scare forex at often MEDIOCRE foreign mercenaries.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The japan goals doesn't reflect the game; for me the kids did well & that no 4 goal was a foul on our keeper,.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Btw, here’s one of the more well-known alumnus of the U15 team…

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL