Benjamin Fredericks

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Benjamin Fredericks

Post by Tobi17 »

Surely he's SE material right? I don't want to hear the "oh he's still too young and needs time to develop" nonsense anymore, if you're good enough then you're old enough. This kid is mentally and physically ready for the big stage of football, it's been such a LONG time since we produced a top class exciting defender.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Benjamin Fredericks

Post by Sunset »

Ah Nigerians!! We love to add an "s" to the end of peoples names :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:18 am Surely he's SE material right? I don't want to hear the "oh he's still too young and needs time to develop" nonsense anymore, if you're good enough then you're old enough. This kid is mentally and physically ready for the big stage of football, it's been such a LONG time since we produced a top class exciting defender.
That kid is a world class talent. He must get a decent club though, there’re talks of him joining Basel in Switzerland or Midytland in Denmark. The boy is good enough for a top 10 team in France today. He’s Troost Ekong’s replacement. Very impressive young player. He’s as good at football as Onku 1Naira is at not working. :woot: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

No. None of them are S Eagles material. These are very young men with little high level experience
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:28 am No. None of them are S Eagles material. These are very young men with little high level experience
You know zilch about Nigerian football or how your youth trajectory typically go. Sit this one out!
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:39 am
YUJAM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:28 am No. None of them are S Eagles material. These are very young men with little high level experience
You know zilch about Nigerian football or how your youth trajectory typically go. Sit this one out!
:rotf: :rotf: Look at Mr. Expert over here, oh please
I no be gentleman at all o
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Yobe went from U20 to SE straight. This kid is better than Yobo was as a U20 player.
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Calm down young fella. This is not a fight. This is football and everyone here understands the game. It's very rare for U20 players to transition to full NTs. Based on what I saw today, none of those guys us SE material.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:56 am Calm down young fella. This is not a fight. This is football and everyone here understands the game. It's very rare for U20 players to transition to full NTs. Based on what I saw today, none of those guys us SE material.
I wouldn’t say they’re not SE material but if what you mean is that none of them is quite ready then I’m inclined to agree with you❗️

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

That's the one that is doing you? Go and ask Weah about Yobo. Why do you think Suya (RIP) dubbed him Ogoni blanket in his first game for the SE?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:53 am
Yobe went from U20 to SE straight. This kid is better than Yobo was as a U20 player.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

These guys just don't understand.

They get all full of hype.

There are many great potentials , but NONE are yet ready.

Let them play consistent club football in one of Europe's top 10 leagues then we can talk.

They are playing against kids.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

With the exception of Ogwuche, none is ready yet but the potential is there for Daga, Frederick, Nnadi, Eletu and Sarki to make the grade. I hope they get snapped up by good clubs after the WC.
People saying that the likes of Daga, Eletu etc should replace Aribo, seem to forget what Aribo did to the senior national team of Brazil while these young men could barely handle the U20 of Brazil
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:53 am
Yobo was already a regular starter at Standard Liege in Belgium when he played at U20 level for Nigeria. He came with top class club experience which Frederick lacks
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:59 am With the exception of Ogwuche, none is ready yet but the potential is there for Daga, Frederick, Nnadi, Eletu and Sarki to make the grade. I hope they get snapped up by good clubs after the WC.
People saying that the likes of Daga, Eletu etc should replace Aribo, seem to forget what Aribo did to the senior national team of Brazil while these young men could barely handle the U20 of Brazil
Aribo did well vs Brazil and is a more experienced player than Daga but the one thing he lacks is the fighting spirit and hunger our young MF have, the type of tenacity we saw in these boys is only made in Nigeria for the GWG. I used to be anti FB then I started begging them because we ran out of MF. I’m back to pro local boys for fresh talent in MF. Ko ni da fun Eze, chukwemeka ati Madueke. We have Daga,Eletu, Nnadi, Akinsamiro and others. :thumbs:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:23 am Ah Nigerians!! We love to add an "s" to the end of peoples names :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I know, right?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Don't mind Yujam. It's in his best interest for Nigeria to keep parading junk players so Senegal can win. Their 15mins of fame will soon be over. Naija will soon take what belongs to her.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Dammy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:59 am With the exception of Ogwuche, none is ready yet but the potential is there for Daga, Frederick, Nnadi, Eletu and Sarki to make the grade. I hope they get snapped up by good clubs after the WC.
Kpom.

I laugh at people claiming Aribo can be replaced by kids who haven't even played professional football.

As you said there are many players who will likely be future eagles, but give them the time to develop and gain experience.

Daga, Eletu, Nandi, Ogwuche, Frederick, Sarki, Sunday, may all get there.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

One bad game, and the curses will start.
We just love to dey hype soup that's still cooking. Haba!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

According to Fabrizio

But football "experts" like that clown Vancity Eagle think Benjamin Frederick isn't ready for the big step up to the SE :rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:08 pm According to Fabrizio

But football "experts" like that clown Vancity Eagle think Benjamin Frederick isn't ready for the big step up to the SE :rotf:

Man City and Bayern? You have to be an elite talent to draw that kind of attention even at that age. I just for him now because he mightbjoin a great team and not play for yrs. We need him at the next Afcon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:59 pm

Man City and Bayern? You have to be an elite talent to draw that kind of attention even at that age. I just for him now because he mightbjoin a great team and not play for yrs. We need him at the next Afcon.
Exactly the point, nobody is saying he should waltz in straight into the starting lineup of the SE, but at least gradually easing him into the SE team by having him on the bench on match day, having him have a feel of training with the big boys, playing international friendly matches etc shouldn't be too much of a ask for a young and exciting talent. But of course you're never considered ready enough for Nigerian fans until you're the second coming of prime Maldini or something.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:42 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:59 pm

Exactly the point, nobody is saying he should waltz in straight into the starting lineup of the SE, but at least gradually easing him into the SE team by having him on the bench on match day, having him have a feel of training with the big boys, playing international friendly matches etc shouldn't be too much of a ask for a young and exciting talent. But of course you're never considered ready enough for Nigerian fans until you're the second coming of prime Maldini or something.
I remember Christian Chukwu, when he was SE coach inviting young prospects, Taiye Taiwo and Mikel Obi to train with the senior national team in 2004
I am happy
adeaderije
Egg
Egg

Post by adeaderije »

Those are two separate issues, my guy. Do you really think he gets first team reps with those teams right away? He'll either get loaned or spend time on the B team first. He's talented, but there is no need to rush him into the senior national team.
I no be gentleman at all o