POKEY, YER BOY (BUKAYO SAKA) IS HERE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: POKEY, YER BOY (BUKAYO SAKA) IS HERE

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:36 pm Saka was received at the Lagos State Governor’s Office today by the Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
I am really disappointed with this gesture because those who decided to play for us like Aina, Iwobi, Aribo etc never had this courtesy extended to them.
I expect Ebere Eze to be warmly welcomed by top Nigerian government officials while turning their noses down on the nation! I have no issues with Saka and his likes visiting the country but I have reservations about government officials welcoming them. What message are they sending out?
Exactly. Sando Olu is an angel* that should’ve been voted out.
Sanwo-Olu na correct football guy… :thumb:

Not sure why this would be big deal, if the governor welcomed a famous person who reportedly was being charitable…
Nigerians should quit regarding Governors as some sort of monarch. He’s merely a public servant trying to market his state.

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:51 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:07 pm
Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:36 pm Saka was received at the Lagos State Governor’s Office today by the Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.
I am really disappointed with this gesture because those who decided to play for us like Aina, Iwobi, Aribo etc never had this courtesy extended to them.
I expect Ebere Eze to be warmly welcomed by top Nigerian government officials while turning their noses down on the nation! I have no issues with Saka and his likes visiting the country but I have reservations about government officials welcoming them. What message are they sending out?
Exactly. Sando Olu is an angel* that should’ve been voted out.
Sanwo-Olu na correct football guy… :thumb:

Not sure why this would be big deal, if the governor welcomed a famous person who reportedly was being charitable…
Nigerians should quit regarding Governors as some sort of monarch. He’s merely a public servant trying to market his state.

I didn’t know Ighalo, Iheanacho and Oshaola were foreign born players who turned their backs on Nigeria!
I am happy
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:42 pmI didn’t know Ighalo, Iheanacho and Oshaola were foreign born players who turned their backs on Nigeria!
And we didn’t know Ekong, Balogun, Ebuehi, Aribo, Maduka, Ajayi, etc., were foreign-born players who turned their backs on Nigeria… :lol:

It’s not as if Sanwo-Olu refused to meet with foreign-born players who play for Nigeria.

ALL Nigerians are NIGERIAN (including foreign-born NIGERIANS)..
Why should a Nigerian public official treat NIGERIANS differently, just because some CE Agabyas do?! SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

And we didn’t know Nigerians could be so bitter about a foreign born 21 yr old kid that made a career decision whilst still showing love for the people of a country that he wasn’t even born in!

Perspective. It’s only football…. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:00 am And we didn’t know Nigerians could be so bitter about a foreign born 21 yr old kid that made a career decision whilst still showing love for the people of a country that he wasn’t even born in!

Perspective. It’s only football…. :idea:

You’re missing the point. It’s not about being a football star,It’s about serving the country and getting love back. Saka has come back to Nigeria and wants to be accepted and treated as a Nigeria, but when he had the opportunity to show love to Nigeria and Nigerians he picked race as far away from Nigeria as possible. What’s in it for us? If it’s about Arsenal and Epl, let them send Partey or Gabriel Jesus. An Ijebu boy representing England, wearing native attire at the gov’s office and flew in with a British passport means nothing.

What is good about his visit? That he’s representing Arsenal in Nigeria or that he’s a “Nigerian” playing for Arsenal? Which one is true?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:20 amYou’re missing the point. It’s not about being a football star, It’s about serving the country and getting love back. Saka has come back to Nigeria and wants to be accepted and treated as a Nigeria, but when he had the opportunity to show love to Nigeria and Nigerians he picked race as far away from Nigeria as possible. What’s in it for us? If it’s about Arsenal and Epl, let them send Partey or Gabriel Jesus. An Ijebu boy representing England, wearing native attire at the gov’s office and flew in with a British passport means nothing.

What is good about his visit? That he’s representing Arsenal in Nigeria or that he’s a “Nigerian” playing for Arsenal? Which one is true?
There’s more than one way to “serve” a country…
Meanwhile, love shouldn’t be conditioned on getting something in exchange (that’s Olosho “love” :lol: ).
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:44 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:20 amYou’re missing the point. It’s not about being a football star, It’s about serving the country and getting love back. Saka has come back to Nigeria and wants to be accepted and treated as a Nigeria, but when he had the opportunity to show love to Nigeria and Nigerians he picked race as far away from Nigeria as possible. What’s in it for us? If it’s about Arsenal and Epl, let them send Partey or Gabriel Jesus. An Ijebu boy representing England, wearing native attire at the gov’s office and flew in with a British passport means nothing.

Meanwhile, love shouldn’t be conditioned on getting something in exchange (that’s Olosho “love” :lol: ).
>

Ok. Why is he alone in all his pics? No mom, dad, cousins, friends or tag alongs. Why?
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Let’s be frank. There’s nothing wrong with Saka visiting Nigeria but it’s not worth making a big deal over. Saka’s visit to Nigeria is no different than Paul McCartney’s visit to the Shrine; just a regular ole celebrity visiting and shouldn’t have any special connotations attached to it❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:58 am Let’s be frank. There’s nothing wrong with Saka visiting Nigeria but it’s not worth making a big deal over. Saka’s visit to Nigeria is no different than Paul McCartney’s visit to the Shrine; just a regular ole celebrity visiting and shouldn’t have any special connotations attached to it❗️

Cheers.
O pari. The end l’opin cinema. Well said nothing more to add. :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:58 am Let’s be frank. There’s nothing wrong with Saka visiting Nigeria but it’s not worth making a big deal over. Saka’s visit to Nigeria is no different than Paul McCartney’s visit to the Shrine; just a regular ole celebrity visiting and shouldn’t have any special connotations attached to it❗️

Cheers.
Not everybody comes to Nigeria and pays for 120 kids to have surgery. He wash probably inspired by King Kanu’s Heart Foundation.
Maybe not to you but it’s a big deal to those kids and their families.

The beef is simply because he plays for England.
Ighalo, Oshoala and loads of footballers all got publicity and love for their charity work.
Why the insults to this kid who is the youngest of the lot?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:49 am

>

Ok. Why is he alone in all his pics? No mom, dad, cousins, friends or tag alongs. Why?
ASKOLOGY.
There’s a video. And it’s free.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

>

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
That’s typical ‘Emilokan’ mentality.

He’s sitting somewhere in the USA with his green American kpali insulting his son’s age mate who is changing the lives of hundreds of kids that the Nigerian government is unable to help.
Ŵhy do you think he’s a proud Emilokan?

Those kind of things don’t really matter to them. It’s all about ‘me’.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:31 am

>

He’s sitting somewhere in the USA with his green American kpali insulting his son’s age mate who is changing the lives of hundreds of kids that the Nigerian government is unable to help.

Bro, my point is why is a top government official rolling out the red carpet for him and the same was not done for the likes of Iwobi, Lookman, Aina etc, who cast their lot with us?
I have no problem with him coming to Nigeria and doing charity work but when the die was cast, he turned us down. I’m even hearing he could be meeting up with the President! These privileges were not extended to those who “chose” us!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:17 am

>

Bro, my point is why is a top government official rolling out the red carpet for him and the same was not done for the likes of Iwobi, Lookman, Aina etc, who cast their lot with us?
I have no problem with him coming to Nigeria and doing charity work but when the die was cast, he turned us down. I’m even hearing he could be meeting up with the President! These privileges were not extended to those who “chose” us!
Damunk doesn’t understand the issue at stake. To understand you have to have a winner’s mentality. Thee is no such thing as been on our side sometimes.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:22 am

>

Damunk doesn’t understand the issue at stake. To understand you have to have a winner’s mentality. Thee is no such thing as been on our side sometimes.
The likes of Lookman, Aina and Iwobi put their money where their mouth is! It’s alright to claim to be a Nigerian I.e. listen to Burna Boy, Davido etc but when the chips are down, what choices do they make? The likes of Lookman, Aina, Iwobi were all part of the England youth set-up, so they knew what they were signing up for when they opted for Nigeria. They knew about our less than perfect infrastructure and preparations I.e. poor pitches, unpaid allowances etc, yet still chose us. They are the real patriots that deserve to be welcomed by government representatives and not Saka, except we are suffering from inferiority complex!
Gareth Southgate tried to persuade Iwobi and Lookman to wait for England but they chose us. FYI, all these players have charities they fund in Nigeria as well but they don’t turn the it into photo shoots!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

>

Guy, just consider the possibility that the ‘red carpet’ is being rolled out NOT just because he is a celebrity footballer but also because he is involved in some serious charity work in the state.
We know for instance that Ighalo is doing some major charity work (in Ajegunle, I believe) and you can see the pictures of Oshoala with Sanwo-olu in her ‘Oshoala Foundation’ t-shirt.

So it is more than likely that the charity work he is doing is within Lagos state. Maybe his parents are even Lagosians, who knows?

All this bitterness because a 21 yr old chose England over Nigeria as a career option is unbecoming of mature adults.

Maybe every time most of us here go back to Nigeria on a visit, they should jeer us at the airport. Or when we go donate whatever we can afford to an orphanage or Pacelli’s School for the Blind, they should tell us to gerrout.
After all, Naija is in desperate need of highly skilled manpower, but we have chosen to offer our services to foreign countries with full chest.

Abeg, make we face front jare.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:41 am FYI, all these players have charities they fund in Nigeria as well but they don’t turn the it into photo shoots!
Do a quick google search of ‘Iwobi and charity’.
You’ll find that most of his charity work is done in the UK and Ireland. Can’t find anything in Nigeria. Same with Lookman.
Does that now make them bad people?

So is football now more important than life itself?
Really?

I don’t think your arguments are sustainable. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:44 am

>

Guy, just consider the possibility that the ‘red carpet’ is being rolled out NOT just because he is a celebrity footballer but also because he is involved in some serious charity work in the state.
We know for instance that Ighalo is doing some major charity work (in Ajegunle, I believe) and you can see the pictures of Oshoala with Sanwo-olu in her ‘Oshoala Foundation’ t-shirt.

So it is more than likely that the charity work he is doing is within Lagos state. Maybe his parents are even Lagosians, who knows?

All this bitterness because a 21 yr old chose England over Nigeria as a career option is unbecoming of mature adults.

Maybe every time most of us here go back to Nigeria on a visit, they should jeer us at the airport. Or when we go donate whatever we can afford to an orphanage or Pacelli’s School for the Blind, they should tell us to gerrout.
After all, Naija is in desperate need of highly skilled manpower, but we have chosen to offer our services to foreign countries with full chest.

Dude, you are missing the point! On one hand we have those who have cast their lot with us and on the other hand, you have those who are Nigerians when it’s convenient for them! Who deserves government recognition out of these two groups?
Stop being emotional, the issue here have nothing to do with Saka’s age or bitterness except you are the bitter person!
Im surprised that you believe that you can find all the information about a person and their activities on Google!! FYI, not everything is on Google
If you don’t gerrit………..
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:06 am
Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:44 am

>

Dude, you are missing the point! On one hand we have those who have cast their lot with us and on the other hand, you have those who are Nigerians when it’s convenient for them! Who deserves government recognition out of these two groups?
Stop being emotional, the issue here have nothing to do with Saka’s age or bitterness except you are the bitter person!
Im surprised that you believe that you can find all the information about a person and their activities on Google!! FYI, not everything is on Google
If you don’t gerrit………..
Dammy, that’s not going to work. Stop projecting, abeg.
Yes, let’s be objective.
For starters, is it me that is being “emotional and bitter” or the person that is raining insults (“Omo Jati-jati”; “He’s a fraud”) which you either conveniently missed or are in perfect harmony with.

Secondly, with all due respect, you are the one missing the point.
I ask again, is football more important than life?
Like is very obvious, to some people it actually is.

And as for other Nigerian footballers not getting the red carpet treatment, you’ve obviously missed all the photo ops already posted on this thread. This case is only different in that Saka is not playing for Nigeria.
Which, it seems by your definition, makes him a ‘lesser’ Nigerian… or maybe not even a Nigerian at all.

So maybe he should go and do it all in secret when his very recognisable face can do wonders for attracting and inspiring many more people and institutions to get involved in charity.

It’s you guys that are bringing emotion into a very simple matter and then accusing me of “bitterness” :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: simply for challenging your very suspect pov. Pray, what might I be bitter about? That’s so funny. :rotf:

If you are so worried that people are getting emotional, how come you missed all the insults thrown Saka’s way?

Na me you come dey face.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:19 am

Cheers.
Not everybody comes to Nigeria and pays for 120 kids to have surgery. He wash probably inspired by King Kanu’s Heart Foundation.

Ighalo, Oshoala and loads of footballers all got publicity and love for their charity work.
Damunk, come off it. The fact that you think he deserves to be hero worshipped doesn’t imply that that those who don’t share that particular viewpoint are insulting Saka. The reality is that Saka’s allegiance is not to Nigeria so, don’t expect most fans to dote over him the way they would over an Osimhen or even an Ighalo. Harry McGuire, like Saka, is an England star. Should we also rollout the red carpet for him too when he comes visiting❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

damunk, real talk, when everyone and even kongi who is always on your side, calls you out, you have to get the hint and see the errors in this photo shoot publicity by that saka

relax and analyze the situation instead of being a forcing guy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:19 pm
Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:19 am

Cheers.

Damunk, come off it. The fact that you think he deserves to be hero worshipped doesn’t imply that that those who don’t share that particular viewpoint are insulting Saka. The reality is that Saka’s allegiance is not to Nigeria so, don’t expect most fans to dote over him the way they would over an Osimhen or even an Ighalo. Harry McGuire, like Saka, is an England star. Should we also rollout the red carpet for him too when he comes visiting❓🤔❗️

Cheers.
Thanks TTT, please help me tell him o! I don’t know where bitterness has come from?
I am happy