Abel Ogwuche

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Abel Ogwuche

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Give the boy some love too. He’s not fancy but he does the job at as well as any defender in the tournament. Strong, quick, smart, controls the back line and makes 0 mistakes. He reminds me of the great Pastor Chidi Nwanu. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Abel Ogwuche

Post by Dammy »

I totally agree with you. Ogwuche has a great future ahead of him.
We have this boy and we are begging Okoli at Atalanta!
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Good player.

I pray these boys get better deals and clubs to nurture their talents. They have done well so far.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

The fact he's for the most part on the bench for Trelleborg (Swedish 2nd division) just goes to show the difference in level between U20 and the seniors. Regular first team is what will take his game to the next level
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 pm The fact he's for the most part on the bench for Trelleborg (Swedish 2nd division) just goes to show the difference in level between U20 and the seniors. Regular first team is what will take his game to the next level
What about the Agbalaka guy in defense?
He was like ‘short 1’.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:15 pm The fact he's for the most part on the bench for Trelleborg (Swedish 2nd division) just goes to show the difference in level between U20 and the seniors. Regular first team is what will take his game to the next level
Some players take longer to assimilate in Europe than others, others never really do. Osihmen spent 2yrs in Germany but was never able to perform to the level of his talent and got benched. He was sold to a Belgian team and started banging in goals regularly, then to France and he continued to get better. Today he’s a top 5 striker in the world. We’ve also had players who performed for SE but just couldn’t get over the hump in Europe. I’d like to believe that the real Ogwuche is the one playing for SE not the Trellsborg version. Against better opposition at the U20 he has shown himself to be an elite defender. Let’s hope he catches a break.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:12 pm
He was like ‘short 1’.
I think he's a good prospect, very tough to beat in a one-on-one and decent on the ball though his future probably lies in Central Defense but it was concerning how weak was with aerial duels against Argentina
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:34 pm
Some players take longer to assimilate in Europe than others, others never really do. Osihmen spent 2yrs in Germany but was never able to perform to the level of his talent and got benched. He was sold to a Belgian team and started banging in goals regularly, then to France and he continued to get better. Today he’s a top 5 striker in the world. We’ve also had players who performed for SE but just couldn’t get over the hump in Europe. I’d like to believe that the real Ogwuche is the one playing for SE not the Trellsborg version. Against better opposition at the U20 he has shown himself to be an elite defender. Let’s hope he catches a break.
I'm not really sure how this relates to my post maybe you should re-read it.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:18 pm
He was like ‘short 1’.
I think he's a good prospect, very tough to beat in a one-on-one and decent on the ball though his future probably lies in Central Defense but it was concerning how weak was with aerial duels against Argentina

Like I said b4, there's a proper defender in him if someone can be bothered to take a chance on him. And yes in left CD...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

He was like ‘short 1’.
We are generally weak in the air. That is definitely one area where we need to improve drastically. Despite the dearth of good finishers on the team, our aerial deficiency was probably the most significant cause of our failure to advance. We should be looking to develop taller and more athletic defenders🤔❗️

Cheers.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

He was like ‘short 1’.
:agree: but more like short 2
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:37 am
He was like ‘short 1’.
We are generally weak in the air. That is definitely one area where we need to improve drastically. Despite the dearth of good finishers on the team, our aerial deficiency was probably the most significant cause of our failure to advance. We should be looking to develop taller and more athletic defenders🤔❗️

Cheers.
While height is a good thing in winning aerial battles but the key ingredient is having to experience good crosses in training and practicing against it. We don't deliver good crosses so our defenders don't get to learn how to defend against crosses that come to you with pace. We are used to balls that take time to get to us so we are able to gather ourselves to head the ball.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

He was like ‘short 1’.
Too robotic for me to play fullback or wingback. Does not give you anything offensively. Like was pointed out, he could be better playing as a CD or in a 3-man CD pairing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He was like ‘short 1’.

Cheers.
Size and athleticism does help but what is equally as important that we lack is proper positioning and anticipation which renders any sort of athleticism/size useless
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:39 pm
He was like ‘short 1’.

Cheers.
Size and athleticism does help but what is equally as important that we lack is proper positioning and anticipation which renders any sort of athleticism/size useless
This is what I noticed in this team too.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

He got two assists today to help his side to a comeback victory

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

I’m surprised he’s still in the Swedish 2nd division after his performances at the U20 World Cup
I am happy