A former England youth international invited to latest SE sqaud?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: A former England youth international invited to latest SE sqaud?

Post by packerland »

Solanke had a good season but I’m not drooling over him. Bournemouth do play like an African team sometimes, so he may fit in nicely.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:37 am Solanke had a good season but I’m not drooling over him. Bournemouth do play like an African team sometimes, so he may fit in nicely.
I am always curious when I read about this ‘African’ style or ‘Nigerian’ style.
What exactly is being referred to?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What's the secrecy about? There is no player of Nigerian descent in the EPL that is better than any of the players we currently have in the SE.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 am What's the secrecy about? There is no player of Nigerian descent in the EPL that is better than any of the players we currently have in the SE.
You mean no player that is available or eligible for a call-up.
Otherwise your statement is inaccurate.
Of those still eligible, I’d take Adarabioyo over Akpoguma and Ekong at the moment.
Our Centrebacks are our weakest link right now which is why our under-20 kids are being ‘begged’ to be invited to the full SE.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:37 am Solanke had a good season but I’m not drooling over him. Bournemouth do play like an African team sometimes, so he may fit in nicely.
Put Solanke or Chuba Akpom in that CAM position and Osimhen will eat good with goals, we really need to switch it all up with more dynamism. The whole Iwobi-Ndidi-Aribo midfield thing just doesn't cut it anymore, too flat and devoid of creativity.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 am
Put Solanke or Chuba Akpom in that CAM position and Osimhen will eat good with goals, we really need to switch it all up with more dynamism. The whole Iwobi-Ndidi-Aribo midfield thing just doesn't cut it anymore, too flat and devoid of creativity.
I thought Solanke was a central striker?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 am
Jambodi (total physicality from start to finish).The style Ghana played to snatch the WC ticket from us. Did you see how they fouled & frustrated Osimhen? Cameroon plays like that do. Now some African teams play sweet football.

Nigerian style is just dribble dribble and more dribble 😂 and wing play.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:03 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this just shows, many here do not watch football. Solanke is a number 9...kai
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The only thing keeping Osimhen from "eating" is his own poor finishing. In both legs against Ghana, he has several very good opportunities to score, but he either fluffed it, was caught offsides, or went for an acrobatic kick. It wasn't a lack of chances that cost us a WC ticket, it was a lack of conversion.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:39 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:03 am
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: this just shows, many here do not watch football. Solanke is a number 9...kai
My brother, na Tobi. The poor demented boy has severe mental illness.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:20 pm
Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 am
Jambodi (total physicality from start to finish).The style Ghana played to snatch the WC ticket from us. Did you see how they fouled & frustrated Osimhen? Cameroon plays like that do. Now some African teams play sweet football.

Nigerian style is just dribble dribble and more dribble 😂 and wing play.
Could you please tell us how white teams play? Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Dis man and his Anti-Osimhen drivel…
Aren’t you tired of being pelted with eggs in your face?
Na wah for you o?
bushboy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:48 pm
The only thing keeping Osimhen from "eating" is his own poor finishing. In both legs against Ghana, he has several very good opportunities to score, but he either fluffed it, was caught offsides, or went for an acrobatic kick. It wasn't a lack of chances that cost us a WC ticket, it was a lack of conversion.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Are we talking about a different Adarabioyo than the one that played for Fulham a couple of seasons ago? Because that one will not move the needle on the SE. He should be invited if he is available, but he will not make a dent in the team. He will be like Bassey.
Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am
1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:03 am What's the secrecy about? There is no player of Nigerian descent in the EPL that is better than any of the players we currently have in the SE.
Of those still eligible, I’d take Adarabioyo over Akpoguma and Ekong at the moment.
Our Centrebacks are our weakest link right now which is why our under-20 kids are being ‘begged’ to be invited to the full SE.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:09 pm Are we talking about a different Adarabioyo than the one that played for Fulham a couple of seasons ago? Because that one will not move the needle on the SE. He should be invited if he is available, but he will not make a dent in the team. He will be like Bassey.
The Bassey story is really baffling., the boy has just stopped performing. What happened?
Let’s home Brighton’s interest in him comes to fruition.

https://sportsration.com/brighton-consi ... -transfer/
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:37 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:09 pm Are we talking about a different Adarabioyo than the one that played for Fulham a couple of seasons ago? Because that one will not move the needle on the SE. He should be invited if he is available, but he will not make a dent in the team. He will be like Bassey.
The Bassey story is really baffling., the boy has just stopped performing. What happened?

Nothing is wrong with Bassey, he’s just been unfairly made the scapegoat for Ajax’s poor season
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Nothing is wrong with Bassey, he’s just been unfairly made the scapegoat for Ajax’s poor season
Why are they picking on him? Can’t be because he’s black, can it?
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I personally didn't think he had the quality that people on this forum were ascribing to him. There was always one excuse or the other about his average performances for the SE. Sometimes we try to force ourselves to see what's not there. I think he is young and can improve, but he's not there yet.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:00 pm

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 pm I personally didn't think he had the quality that people on this forum were ascribing to him. There was always one excuse or the other about his average performances for the SE. Sometimes we try to force ourselves to see what's not there. I think he is young and can improve, but he's not there yet.

HB he starts performing you’ll jump on the wagon and start shouting “our Bassey”. You must chop the stone with rice.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I actually like Solanke, but he just does not score enough and he will be in a dogfight with the likes of Moffi, Awoniyi, Umar.

Adarabioyo will stroll into our team.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ofcourse.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:38 pm
1naija wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 pm I personally didn't think he had the quality that people on this forum were ascribing to him. There was always one excuse or the other about his average performances for the SE. Sometimes we try to force ourselves to see what's not there. I think he is young and can improve, but he's not there yet.
Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:13 am You mean no player that is available or eligible for a call-up.

HB he starts performing you’ll jump on the wagon and start shouting “our Bassey”. You must chop the stone with rice.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Ope oh Orban dey team
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Adarabioyo has the quality and he’s a massive upgrade on our current central defenders. It’s no coincidence that both Milan teams are chasing his signature
I am happy