A former England youth international invited to latest SE sqaud?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: A former England youth international invited to latest SE sqaud?

Post by packerland »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:49 pm I actually like Solanke, but he just does not score enough and he will be in a dogfight with the likes of Moffi, Awoniyi, Umar.

Adarabioyo will stroll into our team.
Even after recovery, Umar’s injury usually takes an additional year before the player gets back to normal. I’ll put him on the shelf for now. We still have room for 1 more solid striker. With the intensity that Osimhen plays, he’ll mid games very now and then.That’s why I think we needed Balogun even if as a spot starter/bench warmer. That one is history now.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:49 pm I actually like Solanke, but he just does not score enough and he will be in a dogfight with the likes of Moffi, Awoniyi, Umar.

Solanke doesn't have to play as an out and out striker, he's versatile enough to play behind the striker as a CAM, he flourished in that role for Bournemouth when they were in the championship.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:13 pm

Solanke doesn't have to play as an out and out striker, he's versatile enough to play behind the striker as a CAM, he flourished in that role for Bournemouth when they were in the championship.
Dude! We are not going to change our formation and tactics because of a bottom of the table player whose best days were in the second division. WTF is this fuckery???!! A player who cannot even make our 23?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:06 pm

Even after recovery, Umar’s injury usually takes an additional year before the player gets back to normal. I’ll put him on the shelf for now. We still have room for 1 more solid striker. With the intensity that Osimhen plays, he’ll mid games very now and then.That’s why I think we needed Balogun even if as a spot starter/bench warmer. That one is history now.
Even if Balogun were still eligible, IMHO he wouldn’t get in ahead of Moffi and a back-to-form Awoniyi. Let’s not forget Nacho is also very much in the picture as a false 9.
And now we have the young Orban coming through.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:47 am

Even if Balogun were still eligible, IMHO he wouldn’t get in ahead of Moffi and a back-to-form Awoniyi. Let’s not forget Nacho is also very much in the picture as a false 9.
The more I think about it we do not miss Balogun one bit. We are stacked in the striking department.

Had he been a midfielder or even a winger it would be a different story.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bro! The thing shock me! its actually disrespectful to the players we have. If this was a player scoring regularly for a top-of-the-table or even top 6 team, I will understand. We have guys likes:

Osimhen
Umar
Moffi
Orban
Awoniyi

5 guys fighting for 3 spots (and I have not even mentioned the rest who I dont rate). He isnt even as good as Awoniyi, who is in the same league bracket.
Awoniyi - 10 goals
Solanke - 6 goals
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is a very upsetting and offensive post. Left to me i will call for you to be banned from this forum shortly. As i said, I very much doubt you really watch football. You claim to have watched the entire season . Awoniyi had a debut season and scored 10 EPL goals, however you had the audacity to rant for the inclusion of solanke who only scored 6 and has played in the EPL on previous occasions . Why do you actually dislike players born or brought up under the Nigerian footballing system? What's your hidden agenda?

I ponder how you find it so hard to challenge yourself intellectually . You come across as a very lazy thinker. No offense but this is very troubling

We all watched both players , but you state Solanke is a better fit for the SE ...smh as well as including the overrated junk Balogun
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:01 pm

This is a very upsetting and offensive post. Left to me i will call for you to be banned from this forum shortly. As i said, I very much doubt you really watch football. You claim to have watched the entire season . Awoniyi had a debut season and scored 10 EPL goals, however you had the audacity to rant for the inclusion of solanke who only scored 6 and has played in the EPL on previous occasions . Why do you actually dislike players born or brought up under the Nigerian footballing system? What's your hidden agenda?

I ponder how you find it so hard to challenge yourself intellectually . You come across as a very lazy thinker. No offense but this is very troubling

We all watched both players , but you state Solanke is a better fit for the SE ...smh as well as including the overrated junk Balogun
I don’t know if you’re a troll, an angel* or all of the above. Airwolex listed Moffi, Awoniyi, & Umar, which is the order I will rank our strikers. Everyone knows that Victor is at the top of the food chain. Who said anything about excluding Umar? I said to put Umar on the shelf for now since he’s coming back from a ACL injury. We need to be 5-7 deep in our striking department in case of injuries, club shenanigans and late invites from our NFF. If you think Balogun can’t make it as our 6th-7th best striker then you’re a damn liar.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:11 pm

Bro! The thing shock me! its actually disrespectful to the players we have. If this was a player scoring regularly for a top-of-the-table or even top 6 team, I will understand. We have guys likes:

Osimhen
Umar
Moffi
Orban
Awoniyi

5 guys fighting for 3 spots (and I have not even mentioned the rest who I dont rate). He isnt even as good as Awoniyi, who is in the same league bracket.
Awoniyi - 10 goals
Solanke - 6 goals
Victor Boniface is not even on y'all radar. Have you seen him play/any of his highlights?
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oyek wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:20 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:11 pm

Osimhen
Umar
Moffi
Orban
Awoniyi

Awoniyi - 10 goals
Solanke - 6 goals
Victor Boniface is not even on y'all radar. Have you seen him play/any of his highlights?
Thats another one!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:46 am
packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:37 am Solanke had a good season but I’m not drooling over him. Bournemouth do play like an African team sometimes, so he may fit in nicely.
Put Solanke or Chuba Akpom in that CAM position and Osimhen will eat good with goals, we really need to switch it all up with more dynamism. The whole Iwobi-Ndidi-Aribo midfield thing just doesn't cut it anymore, too flat and devoid of creativity.
It is quite OK to fantasize but remember that Napoli has much better quality players than either Solanke or Akpom🤔❗️

Cheers.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You need competition for spots.

The day EVERY single player on that team knows that they have to be consistent performers in order to be invited and have stiff competition in camp, the day we will finally be back to consistently winning football.

Carrying non-playing captains, players riding pine, half-fit players, and expecting to win is not a sign of a serious team.

A coach once opened his mouth to talk about why he rather invite players who are not playing consistently for their teams over ones that are playing constantly. And we wonder why we are inconsistent and seem to be struggling?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:51 pm You need competition for spots.

The day EVERY single player on that team knows that they have to be consistent performers in order to be invited and have stiff competition in camp, the day we will finally be back to consistently winning football.

Carrying non-playing captains, players riding pine, half-fit players, and expecting to win is not a sign of a serious team.

A coach once opened his mouth to talk about why he rather invite players who are not playing consistently for their teams over ones that are playing constantly. And we wonder why we are inconsistent and seem to be struggling?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:51 pm Carrying non-playing captains, players riding pine, half-fit players, and expecting to win is not a sign of a serious team.
So, given this, why were you adamant that Ameobi should make consecutive Nigeria squads? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:26 pm
Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:51 pm Carrying non-playing captains, players riding pine, half-fit players, and expecting to win is not a sign of a serious team.
So, given this, why were you adamant that Ameobi should make consecutive Nigeria squads? :D
Ameobi brought a different dimension to the team.
He was a leader. No one on the team had the same skillset he brought to the team.
And his hold-up play was something the late Keshi valued (a lot).
Moreover, he did score a spectacular goal in a friendly against Italy. That was one of the things that cemented his spot on the team.
Guys have made Naija teams based on smaller stuff.

You don't like Ameobi because you felt he jilted Naijaria earlier on in his career and we shouldn't have given him a second chance.

But when he did play for us, he put in everything he got... on and off the pitch.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

When are they releasing the list? :glare:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:49 pm When are they releasing the list? :glare:
when the brown envelopes have been received.

they also have to make sure Ahmed Musa has at least one working leg so he can be included.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:35 pm
He was a leader. No one on the team had the same skillset he brought to the team.
Moreover, he did score a spectacular goal in a friendly against Italy. That was one of the things that cemented his spot on the team.

You don't like Ameobi because you felt he jilted Naijaria earlier on in his career and we shouldn't have given him a second chance.

But when he did play for us, he put in everything he got... on and off the pitch.
With regards to the highlighted, not so much that he jilted Nigeria previously as that he was past his sell-by date when he finally came on board❗️

Cheers.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Ma broda!

You are right on point but you left out the most important part - Ameobi respected Keshi, and Keshi respected him right back and valued his inputs.

I witnessed their interactions one on one.

I was right by the coaches corner during our WC match in Cuaba, Brazil and Ameobi was told to warm up about 25 minutes to the end of the game while we were leadind 1-0, and bobo quickly complied, and Keshi personally apologizing to him for not fielding him. Ameobi was a leader and true pro.

Cmoke

Cellular wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:49 pm When are they releasing the list? :glare:
Don't hold your breath on it, Peseiro and NFF will take decades to release a simple list and keep you in hopeful suspense for some interesting and exciting new call ups...only for the likes Musa and Simon Moses to top the invitation headlines as usual,
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:41 am
Don't hold your breath on it, Peseiro and NFF will take decades to release a simple list and keep you in hopeful suspense for some interesting and exciting new call ups...only for the likes Musa and Simon Moses to top the invitation headlines as usual,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:41 am
It's so annoying. You would think they are trying to get Olise and Eze last minute hence the delay but no it's the same rubbish players like Moses and Musa that they will still call up.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »