Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho win Player of the Season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho win Player of the Season

Post by Cally »

Alex Iwobi wins Players' Player of the season for Everton voted by his peers.

Kelechi Iheanacho wins the Fans' Player of the Season for Leicester city.

Congratulations to them.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Alex Iwobi and Kelechi Iheanacho win Player of the Season

Post by Cally »

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Alex.. A true Nigerian born
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Where Emir, abeg come throway salute!!!!! Well done boys!!!! Especially Iwobi, his career was stagnating till he really started showing himself the last season and a half...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well done to our boys , they've all had great season individually . Majority of those who did well weren't abroad recruits
SuperEagles

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ademola Lookman player of the year for Atalanta.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:18 pm Ademola Lookman player of the year for Atalanta.
Wow! I’m surprised he won it. He really ran out of gas in the second half otherwise Atalanta would’ve taken the last CL spot.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:25 pm
maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:18 pm Ademola Lookman player of the year for Atalanta.
Wow! I’m surprised he won it. He really ran out of gas in the second half otherwise Atalanta would’ve taken the last CL spot.

He didn’t run out of gas. Teams just decided it was too easy to stop him after he started racking up lucky goals so they shut him down. Lookman is an extreme luxury to have on the pitch.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:33 pm

He didn’t run out of gas. Teams just decided it was too easy to stop him after he started racking up lucky goals so they shut him down. Lookman is an extreme luxury to have on the pitch.
He got an injury bros and was out towards the end of the season…

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ademola-lo ... ler/406040
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:05 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:33 pm

He got an injury bros and was out towards the end of the season…

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ademola-lo ... ler/406040
Thank you jare.
We all know what’s behind their Yum-yum agendas.
Too obvious.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That’s what I thought too until I read he got injured.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:09 pm Where Emir, abeg come throway salute!!!!! Well done boys!!!! Especially Iwobi, his career was stagnating till he really started showing himself the last season and a half...
Iwobi really turned a corner quite miraculously.
I wonder what it was.
Really happy for him. I just wish he was in a top6 team, which Everton should be quite capable of achieving in an average season
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:41 pm
maceo4 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:09 pm Where Emir, abeg come throway salute!!!!! Well done boys!!!! Especially Iwobi, his career was stagnating till he really started showing himself the last season and a half...
Iwobi really turned a corner quite miraculously.
I wonder what it was.

Really happy for him. I just wish he was in a top6 team, which Everton should be quite capable of achieving in an average season
The guy was hanging out with the likes of Hushpuppy at one point. I think someone sat him down and had a heart-to-heart conversation with him. Maybe it was his uncle Jay Jay. There was a time Jay Jay was not a serious player, so he would be in a better position to advise him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why don't you research, he was injured .. my goodness .. relax packerd, take a min before just posting gboa, gboa..it makes it easy for CE to expose how limited you are intellectually
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:23 pm
why don't you research, he was injured .. my goodness .. relax packerd, take a min before just posting gboa, gboa..it makes it easy for CE to expose how limited you are intellectually
You are a Jack A. Lookman went on a scoring drought, then didn’t start a bunch of games before getting injured. You are not the only one that has Paramount. The guy played in 30 games (10 as a sub).

In the last 3 seasons he has logged 2,751, 1,604 & 1,704 total minutes for Fulham, Leicester and Atalanta. Prior to that he played more than 620minutes in a season. Not surprised his injury was a soft tissue one (muscle strain). Take your own advice and do some research.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gasperini is the opposite of Mourinho. His team play all-out attacking style and players tend to tire out easily.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:51 pm
You are a Jack A. Lookman went on a scoring drought, then didn’t start a bunch of games before getting injured. You are not the only one that has Paramount. The guy played in 30 games (10 as a sub).

In the last 3 seasons he has logged 2,751, 1,604 & 1,704 total minutes for Fulham, Leicester and Atalanta. Prior to that he played more than 620minutes in a season. Not surprised his injury was a soft tissue one (muscle strain). Take your own advice and do some research.
He scored in the game before the game he got injured…he assisted the game he came back from injury…he deserves the award abeg…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:08 pm

He scored in the game before the game he got injured…he assisted the game he came back from injury…he deserves the award abeg…
do not mind him. He only watches the EPL. he goes on and on on CE looking for links to watch Seria A games. His comments are typical of those who watches only one league and youtube highlights of other leagues
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

maceo4 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 4:08 pm

He deserves it but I was a bit surprised because he scored the majority of his goals earlier in the season. We live in a ‘what have you done for me lately world.’ Luckily for him he still ended up as their top scorer with 13 goals. Zapata and Muriel had a poor season with only 2 goals apiece.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I see the self-hating, Craperland is here attacking black players, as usual.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Men’s Players’ Player of the Season - Alex Iwobi
The versatile Nigeria international won the award that was voted on by his teammates after making 41 appearances in all competitions this season, including 3,382 minutes in every one of the 38 league games the Blues played.

Iwobi’s 11 goal contributions — 2 goals, 9 assists — was the highest in the team, and his indefatigable running saw him used in a variety of different roles first by Frank Lampard and then Sean Dyche.

https://royalbluemersey.sbnation.com/20 ... eman-mills
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I have noticed he always runs out of steam. Starts the season hot and progressively slows down. I wonder if it is a lifestyle thing or a strength and conditioning issue because the boy is immensely talented