Neymar: African Players Do Not Have Passion For Their Countries

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Neymar: African Players Do Not Have Passion For Their Countries

Post by danfo driver »

I am posting this here because it relates to SE and SE players.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Neymar: African Players Do Not Have Passion For Their Countries

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

There might be an element of truth to it but it’s a rather ignorant generalization by Neymar if indeed he did say what he’s quoted as saying. Has Brazil achieved anything that African countries haven’t in the last 10yrs? They have players in all the top teams in the Top 5 leagues but they’ve can’t win shishi with it, granted there’re historically a top team but how long we go chop rotten meat ?

The 54 countries of Africa have far fewer players in Top leagues than Brazil,even fewer when you only consider the top 5 African team as rated by FIFA. What Newmar needs to do is sharap da hell up and start winning again.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:17 pm I am posting this here because it relates to SE and SE players.
You kwarikwata riddled dunce! :woot: There is no proof Neymar ever said that. Simple minded Cuntington like you. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:17 pm I am posting this here because it relates to SE and SE players.
How is this SE related?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Just to make a point straight irrespective of who said what
There are Different levels of passion or dedications. First of all passion, commitment or dedication summed up to patriotism. Patriotism, passion whatever you wanna call it is recursive. Recursive means what you put in is what you reap in time of harvest. Multiple factors come into play. The level passion a Brazilian black or even an American or English black who is fundamentally a subservient minority in a white dominated population and who must offer sweat and blood to attain a measure of heroic acceptance by the white social hierarchy isn’t something that plays out in a typical sub Saharan African nation. Obama has to kill ghadafi and osama to attain same status of a standard American president. I can go deeper but let’s just leave it at that for now
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 pm
There are Different levels of passion or dedications. First of all passion, commitment or dedication summed up to patriotism. Patriotism, passion whatever you wanna call it is recursive. Recursive means what you put in is what you reap in time of harvest. Multiple factors come into play. The level passion a Brazilian black or even an American or English black who is fundamentally a subservient minority in a white dominated population and who must offer sweat and blood to attain a measure of heroic acceptance by the white social hierarchy isn’t something that plays out in a typical sub Saharan African nation. Obama has to kill ghadafi and osama to attain same status of a standard American president. I can go deeper but let’s just leave it at that for now
How did you get from Neymar’ comments to Bin Laden, Gaddafi and Obama? Na wa o. Ya case don reach this level?
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:11 pm
How did you get from Neymar’ comments to Bin Laden, Gaddafi and Obama? Na wa o. Ya case don reach this level?
You wan make I put tinubu
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

jette1 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:03 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:11 pm
You wan make I put tinubu
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You two are funny
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

African players definitely have the passion. We just aren't good enough tbh.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Brasilians have a passion of losing in 1/4 finals. Sometimes brutally.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I totally agreed with Neymar! African players, especially the Nigerian players show a lack of passion and desire to play for their country.

Before FIFA made it mandatory for Clubs to release players during FIFA windows, a lot of them will dodge invite and make up stupid injury excuses.

All it took then is their club telling them don't go.... and they withdraw from the National team. However, I must. It isn't all of them. There are some of them that show great passion and love for their country. Rest in peace to Samuel Okwaraji!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...you don't show passion if you are not taken care of.
When you've been cheated many times, it's difficult to show passion.
A saying goes like this, "Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me".
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Neymar said no such thing.

Wha choo looking at?!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

No proof that Neymar ever said this but what has Neymar's passion won for the senior team?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

All the talent in the world won’t get you to a WC final when your administrative (technical, coaching, logistics, etc) is miles behind expected industry wide best practices standards.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Remember when Okocha and other SE players missed national team training because they claimed to have got lost (for several days apparently) on their way to the training ground?
Undertaker wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:55 pm I totally agreed with Neymar! African players, especially the Nigerian players show a lack of passion and desire to play for their country.

Before FIFA made it mandatory for Clubs to release players during FIFA windows, a lot of them will dodge invite and make up stupid injury excuses.

All it took then is their club telling them don't go.... and they withdraw from the National team. However, I must. It isn't all of them. There are some of them that show great passion and love for their country. Rest in peace to Samuel Okwaraji!
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

green4life wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pmAll the talent in the world won’t get you to a WC final when your administrative (technical, coaching, logistics, etc) is miles behind expected industry wide best practices standards.

Exactly this. I don't believe Neymar said what is being quoted, but it is a notion that many have, and it is an ignorant notion.

A notion that misses the forest for the iroko trees. What you said above is the true culprit. And until and unless that is addressed substantially, talent can only paper over so many cracks.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

green4life wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pm All the talent in the world won’t get you to a WC final when your administrative (technical, coaching, logistics, etc) is miles behind expected industry wide best practices standards.
So how did our talented Under 17 (MRI certified group) win the World Cup?

Under the same administrative deficiencies, the players and the coaching were good enough to challenge the best.

Move forward to senior teams, our players have not developed to the levels of their contemporaries mostly due to not having the opportunity to play at the top level with top coaches. Quality of players is a very important factor.

Also our local coaches are not good enough including the poor journeyman Oyinbo coaches that we’ve recruited lately.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Some people think they’re entitled to talk nonsense and Neymar just might be one of them… apparently, his Brazilian countrymen did not have enough passion for their country in losing to Israel🤔❗️

Cheers.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:10 pm Some people think they’re entitled to talk nonsense and Neymar just might be one of them… apparently, his Brazilian countrymen did not have enough passion for their country in losing to Israel🤔❗️

Cheers.
Dunce. Neymar said no such thing! Ewu kwarikwata!

Wha choo looking at?!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:59 pm
You kwarikwata riddled dunce! :woot: There is no proof Neymar ever said that. Simple minded Cuntington like you. :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I too doubt that Neymar said what was tweeted.

But even if he had said it, he is wrong!

The reason we are not what we need to be at senior level football is more due to self-sabotage from administrative shortcomings.

Other countries focus on just football... we are busy fighting our thieves who rather steal from the players and not provide them with the best environment to succeed.

Our shortcomings has nothing to do with patriotism.

NOTHING!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Lolly wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:07 pm
green4life wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:05 pm All the talent in the world won’t get you to a WC final when your administrative (technical, coaching, logistics, etc) is miles behind expected industry wide best practices standards.
So how did our talented Under 17 (MRI certified group) win the World Cup?

Under the same administrative deficiencies, the players and the coaching were good enough to challenge the best.

Move forward to senior teams, our players have not developed to the levels of their contemporaries mostly due to not having the opportunity to play at the top level with top coaches. Quality of players is a very important factor.

Also our local coaches are not good enough including the poor journeyman Oyinbo coaches that we’ve recruited lately.

You are actually equating a youth tournament with the WC?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:32 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:59 pm
I too doubt that Neymar said what was tweeted.

But even if he had said it, he is wrong!

The reason we are not what we need to be at senior level football is more due to self-sabotage from administrative shortcomings.

Other countries focus on just football... we are busy fighting our thieves who rather steal from the players and not provide them with the best environment to succeed.

Our shortcomings has nothing to do with patriotism.

NOTHING!
Agreed. If football results mirrored patriotism, we would win every competition we entered. The so-called elite team players will not tolerate 1% of the nonsense our players put up with.

Wha choo looking at?!