Nigeria 0 v South Korea 1 FT (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 v South Korea 1 FT (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Post by Gotti »

Naija fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:33 pmVery sad about this loss against the run of play. However, this is the best I have seen ANY Nigerian team play in a very long time. Congratulations to the guys for a good outing in spite of the loss today.
The were solid…
Except up top in the final third.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 v South Korea 0 Extra Time (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Post by Odas »

green4life wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:46 pm
Odas wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:42 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:38 pm ST score from a corner
This is a good example of why I don't watch our ganes these days. We continue to want to WALK the ball into the South Korean's net instead of shooting the ball from afar, sometimes. Well, I am out of here
You obviously haven’t watched this game. The long range distance opportunities haven’t been there. The issue is poor/ impatient passing in the last third. Ironically our boys have been taking ill advised shots from far.
Bros, the key words are 'from afar, sometimes.' In another word, combine the attacking strategy instead of repeatedly trying to walk the ball into the South Korean's net
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 v South Korea 1 Extra Time (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Post by Gotti »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm At least we have found a promising goalie, some midfielders and defenders from this team.
The goalie is not good. Don't be deceived.
:agree:

Looked distinctly dodgy on a few occasions…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Looking fwd to watching the US team. Quite a good collection of players...even with the withdrawals...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

How can we have this overwhelming game favoring data, yet lose the match? I mean, in all categories, we trashed the Koreans, yet lost the game.

I no longer have the HEART to bear pains inflicked to my internal ORGANS by our teams. Very soon, our teams will RETIRE me from this Site
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 pm
Naija fan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:33 pmVery sad about this loss against the run of play. However, this is the best I have seen ANY Nigerian team play in a very long time. Congratulations to the guys for a good outing in spite of the loss today.
The were solid…
Except up top in the final third.
That's the story of Bosso's teams TBH. Same story at the 2007 U20 WC that I watched live here in Canada. Solid with Efe Ambrose marshalling the defense, but parading pretenders like Ezekiel Bala and Brown Ideye upfront. This year got knocked out again at the exact same stage in the exact same fashion. Only SiaOne can take us far in this tournament.
Last edited by greg on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:36 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:54 pm This is proof positive that South Korea has overtaken us as a football nation. If they hold on, the scoreline will not show but this is a sound and comprehensive defeat. Really, they're not our mates in football.
The way Israel have “overtaken” Brazil as a football nation?! :P

Anyway, from my recollection, South Korea tends to beat us more times than not (I distinctly a loss at the 2010 under Lagerback), albeit it can be argued that we don’t play them competitively often enough to draw a firm conclusion. South Korea has had pretty decent senior sides since since the turn of the century or thereabouts (in fact, it’s 1994 USA WC team played very good, albeit a tad naive, football) and have produced (and continues to produce) some pretty good players.

In fact, I recall South Korea wiring Jo Bonfrere’s Nigeria U23 team 5-0 or 5-1 in the run-up to the 2000 Olympics. :oops:
I don’t get your point. Are you saying that South Korea have long being superior than us in soccer which will make his “overtaken” statement inaccurate? Or are you just trying to just highlight our losses with a Foreign coach? Nawa
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

mapet wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:29 pm
Lolly wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 pm
metalalloy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:07 pm At least we have found a promising goalie, some midfielders and defenders from this team.
The goalie is not good. Don't be deceived.
Madam,

I think he's decent. The last time I saw a goal keeper any better at U20 was Vanzekin
And what happened to Vanzekin? How many senior caps did he have?

We shall see.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Odas wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:45 pm How can we have this overwhelming game favoring data, yet lose the match? I mean, in all categories, we trashed the Koreans, yet lost the game.

I no longer have the HEART to bear pains inflicked to my internal ORGANS by our teams. Very soon, our teams will RETIRE me from this Site
Reject the message, not the messenger.
Nigerian football will follow you anywhere you go.
Amen.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:37 pmA physically tough team that got better organized as they progressed in the tourney. But the fundamentals of the team organization in the modern game, plus the individual player technique was always lacking from poor early development.

Those who understand the game and are willing to be honest will understand what I'm saying.

The overall selection, I always questioned. The coaching acumen wrt talent development has never been there with this coach...You cannot offer that which you do not have...

Very little sympathy for the Nigerian team in this tournament.
He apparently can still “offer” more than Mascherano… :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:46 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:54 pm This is proof positive that South Korea has overtaken us as a football nation. If they hold on, the scoreline will not show but this is a sound and comprehensive defeat. Really, they're not our mates in football.

Anyway, from my recollection, South Korea tends to beat us more times than not (I distinctly a loss at the 2010 under Lagerback), albeit it can be argued that we don’t play them competitively often enough to draw a firm conclusion. South Korea has had pretty decent senior sides since since the turn of the century or thereabouts (in fact, it’s 1994 USA WC team played very good, albeit a tad naive, football) and have produced (and continues to produce) some pretty good players.

In fact, I recall South Korea wiring Jo Bonfrere’s Nigeria U23 team 5-0 or 5-1 in the run-up to the 2000 Olympics. :oops:
I don’t get your point. Are you saying that South Korea have long being superior than us in soccer which will make his “overtaken” statement inaccurate? Or are you just trying to just highlight our losses with a Foreign coach? Nawa
WOWO Cultists. The rest of us can actually make more than one point at a time… :rotf:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:14 pm
txj wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:37 pmA physically tough team that got better organized as they progressed in the tourney. But the fundamentals of the team organization in the modern game, plus the individual player technique was always lacking from poor early development.

Those who understand the game and are willing to be honest will understand what I'm saying.

The overall selection, I always questioned. The coaching acumen wrt talent development has never been there with this coach...You cannot offer that which you do not have...

Which doesn't say much for someone who's been in coaching for decades, vs another who's been it for a few months...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

txj wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:56 pm

Which doesn't say much for someone who's been in coaching for decades, vs another who's been it for a few months...
Correct. Like the Brazilian team that lost to football super power Israel!

Forget the simple matter that the players and coaches must be so motivated since they are owed allowances etc.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Actually we overtook Argentina a few days ago so we’ve made a lot of progress based on his logic.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:28 pm

Forget the simple matter that the players and coaches must be so motivated since they are owed allowances etc.

Wow! wanajo the Brazilian...Who would've thunk it!!!
You can go to the Brazil forum and complain.

Here on a Nigerian forum, I prefer to focus on the Nigerian team and coach...

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:42 pm Looking fwd to watching the US team. Quite a good collection of players...even with the withdrawals...
What happened? Couldn’t they give what they didn’t have?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s football, but easy for ‘perfect’ Internet coaches to pontificate on CE!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

For anyone interested, the game is being shown on FS2 right now.

It’s ironic that we lost the best game we played in this tournament. One can’t over-emphasize the need for good finishers. You must take advantage of the opportunities that come your way or you could be left wondering what the heck happened . Anyway, kudos to the lads and their coaches for a good effort❗️

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:28 pm

Imagine thinking that was the best collection of U20s that Brazil had to offer.
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

I didn't watch the game cause I was afraid we'd lose to a team we were better than mainly because we have struggled up front and playing against frees scoring Korean. The result and stats are not unexpected. This is a theory with Nigerian teams no cutting edge at the final third and set piece problems.
Last edited by Robotnik on Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

So what is it going to be with Bo$$o, keep as U20 coach or fire?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:09 am For anyone interested, the game is being shown on FS2 right now.

It’s ironic that we lost the best game we played in this tournament. One can’t over-emphasize the need for good finishers. You must take advantage of the opportunities that come your way or you could be left wondering what the heck happened . Anyway, kudos to the lads and their coaches for a good effort❗️

Cheers.
The problem wasn't even finishing.

We didn't create nothing all match.

PISS POOR.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:25 am So what is it going to be with Bo$$o, keep as U20 coach or fire?

Fire him biko. I cant wait for Sia1 to return from his ban.
Last edited by bret- hart on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The team did well. Exceeded expectations but this was a missed opportunity for us. No south Americans except Uruguay left, No other West African teams left, and no France, England, Germany, Spain, Portugal etc. We could have won this tournament. If Bo$$o had taken some more quality players like Ayaosi, Ideho, Adebomi,we would have been ok today despite missing Hilaru Sarki.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.