Nigeria 0 v South Korea 1 FT (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 0 v South Korea 1 FT (Under 20 Q/Finals)

Post by txj »

what a free kick by Parfundi

2-1 Italy
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Italy vs Uruguay final

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:07 pmYes, and to become a CL winner.

But more importantly, like Walker Zimmerman and Miles Robinson, two MLS center-backs starting over their peers who are based in Europe and performing at a high level.

Yes, like Tyler Admas going straight from NYRB to Leipzig and starting.
Like Slonina who just lost to Uruguay, but was a much sought goalkeeper, including by Madrid and who has signed with Chelsea.

That's what a successful youth development does for you.

Finishing in Q/Final was not a bad result for Nigeria or the US. But its the quality of your talent development that determines what happens from hereon and that makes the ultimate difference..

We may be discovering players, but we are not developing them at a high level.
You mean like Mikel similarly moved from Pepsi Academy and Plateau Utd “to become a CL winner”?!

Dude, virtually every player has to move to a better league, better team, or a higher division, to so-called “reach the top level” (and it’s not as if even Pele would win the UEFA CL playing in Africa :lol: ). Top players like Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, De Bruyne, etc., all followed the same path. Not sure how that’s some sort of indictment. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

waka-man wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:54 pm Jambodi is indeed a key component of our emerging style. And we should accept and own it.

Yeah, you need the technical side - and quite a few of our U20 were very technical - but there’s something emerging that we should not dismiss.

Even our greatest player right now throws his body around.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Told them, my broda…
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:21 pmI think I will have to re-watch these last two games because I desperately wanted to see the "defensive organisation" being spoken about.
I watched the Argentina game in full but only half the SK game (I will watch the rest).

I was very frustrated at how our defence kept losing team possession by booting the ball out once under pressure.
Though quite successful, I don't really regard that as good defending, even as the commentator described it as "wonderful defending".
I was like, really? :ohmy:

The way the Argies were dancing round and through our defence was quite embarrassing.
The Argentine problem was end product, but that's not our concern. We beat then 2-0 fair and square.

There was a lot of jambodi play from us against both teams.
I am really concerned by that, especially in our youth teams that are known for their free-flowing style.
I suppose it’s all relative…
For instance, comparing the Falcons flop recently 0-4 to the US with these FE games.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Gotti wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:07 am
txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:07 pmYes, and to become a CL winner.

But more importantly, like Walker Zimmerman and Miles Robinson, two MLS center-backs starting over their peers who are based in Europe and performing at a high level.

Yes, like Tyler Admas going straight from NYRB to Leipzig and starting.
Like Slonina who just lost to Uruguay, but was a much sought goalkeeper, including by Madrid and who has signed with Chelsea.

That's what a successful youth development does for you.

Finishing in Q/Final was not a bad result for Nigeria or the US. But its the quality of your talent development that determines what happens from hereon and that makes the ultimate difference..

We may be discovering players, but we are not developing them at a high level.
You mean like Mikel similarly moved from Pepsi Academy and Plateau Utd “to become a CL winner”?!

Dude, virtually every player has to move to a better league, better team, or a higher division, to so-called “reach the top level” (and it’s not as if even Pele would win the UEFA CL playing in Africa :lol: ). Top players like Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, De Bruyne, etc., all followed the same path. Not sure how that’s some sort of indictment. SMH

No I don't mean like Mikel moving from Pepsi Academy and Plateau United to become a CL winner.

The key issue as I've maintained is about developing players.

The MLS is now consistently developing players who's level is high enough to be competitive in the world stage.

Even the lower league, NASL is successfully developing players. The U20 center back from Louisville is headed to benfica...