No local coach since

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No local coach since

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:36 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:25 am ... the great Amodu (RIP) has demonstrated the level of technical astuteness that coach Bosso demonstrated in this tournament. Therefore, if Peseiro fck up, we should ....
I would love to see what a well-motivated Bosso team would look like.

He has nothing to hang his head on... his team unfortunately ended up on the wrong side of a well-executed corner at the hands of a tireless determined South Korean team.

You can easily tell a coach who is versed in modern methods by how he sets out his team. The spacing between players when they have the ball and when they do not.

From watching repeated patterns at various stages and areas of the build up, and where the allowance is made for individualism, and how such fits into the established pattern.

None of this can be associated with Bosso...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:22 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:25 am ... the great Amodu (RIP) has demonstrated the level of technical astuteness that coach Bosso demonstrated in this tournament. Therefore, if Peseiro fck up, we should ....

He has nothing to hang his head on... his team unfortunately ended up on the wrong side of a well-executed corner at the hands of a tireless determined South Korean team.

You can easily tell a coach who is versed in modern methods by how he sets out his team. The spacing between players when they have the ball and when they do not.

From watching repeated patterns at various stages and areas of the build up, and where the allowance is made for individualism, and how such fits into the established pattern.

Sorry, I liked how his team played.

They were just unlucky.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:40 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:22 pm

Sorry, I liked how his team played.

They were just unlucky.

I also liked how Rangers of the Obianika days played...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

LOL at those claiming they "like how Bosso team played"

A team that had ZERO attacking cohesion.

These are the same people that hated Rohr for "rigidness"

This team had NO FLAIR, NO AUDACITY, NO ATTRACTIVE OR CONSTEUCTIVE ATTACKING PLAY.

It was as rigid and yet solid from a defensive standpoint as they come.

If you wanted beautiful attractive free flowing football. THIS WAS NOT IT. Not a typical Naija team at all.

More like Nigeria became Greece or something.

If a foreign coach served us this rubbish, the same people praising Bosso would be making so much negative noise right now.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:21 pm LOL at those claiming they "like how Bosso team played"

This team had NO FLAIR, NO AUDACITY, NO ATTRACTIVE OR CONSTEUCTIVE ATTACKING PLAY.

If you wanted beautiful attractive free flowing football. THIS WAS NOT IT. Not a typical Naija team at all.

If a foreign coach served us this rubbish, the same people praising Bosso would be making so much negative noise right now.
His team did well.
They created chances that they were not able to capitalize on.
South Korea took theirs well.
It took over 100+ minutes for South Korea to score.

But I understand where you and TXJ are coming from. You don't rate local coaches. Your bias is there and has never been hidden.

Even if he had won, you both would still have complained and probably attributed it to luck.

Bosso did well considering the challenges teams face preparing for games/tourneys.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Una no get shame :lol: :lol:. When are some folks going to learn that, you can't trust the passports of African U-20 players :oops: !! I mean, while such accusations are often tinged with racism, age cheating or age fraud does continue to dog young African footballers.

Bunch of overaged players playing Gra-Gra football with their Aburos and still got beaten in the process; and some of you no go let us rest :lol: :lol: :lol:. The U-17 competition is what I really focus on nowadays, because of the mandatory use of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). Even though, it's not 100% foolproof, but it's working and deterring potential age cheats from the country's squad.

Personally, I don't really pay attention to Nigeria U-20 teams compared to the U-17 teams. I'll start paying attention (believing) to the U-20 team when the bulk of the players selected passed through the previous U-17 team.

Lastly, there are some significant differences when it comes to coaching youth teams (i.e. U-17, U-20,etc) and coaching adults/established stars. You are dealing with guys who are already shaped in their approach and attitudes. Coaching a national senior team can be more challenging than coaching a national youth team (blank canvas). A coach doing well in a national youth team setup does not automatically means that he or she will do well in a national senior team setup. Vice versa.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:07 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:21 pm LOL at those claiming they "like how Bosso team played"

His team did well.

But I understand where you and TXJ are coming from. You don't rate local coaches. Your bias is there and has never been hidden.

Even if he had won, you both would still have complained and probably attributed it to luck.

Bosso did well considering the challenges teams face preparing for games/tourneys.

Yet I always liked Siasia and Oliseh! And YOU DID NOT!

And disliked Rohr and his percentage football; and Peseiro for not insisting on the right professional standards...

These blanket categorization is what you Gotti, wanajo and others live for on CE.

Unfortunately for you, that is of zero interest to me.

I assess each coach on his individual merit or lack thereof...and I can like him in one game or half, and not in another...

Its that simple.

I watch a lot of football; I watch our teams also and I understand what established standards exist...and the wiggle room that always exist for individuals to add their methods...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:22 pm

His team did well.

And disliked Rohr and his percentage football; and Peseiro for not insisting on the right professional standards...

These blanket categorization is what you Gotti, wanajo and others live for on CE.

I assess each coach on his individual merit or lack thereof...and I can like him in one game or half, and not in another...

Its that simple.

I watch a lot of football; I watch our teams also and I understand what established standards exist...and the wiggle room that always exist for individuals to add their methods...
Not surprised you are fans of Siasia and Oliseh.

It is on par with what you have always believed in... loving people that talk a good game that does not translate to practical outcomes.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:25 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:22 pm

His team did well.

Its that simple.

Not surprised you are fans of Siasia and Oliseh.

It is on par with what you have always believed in... loving people that talk a good game that does not translate to practical outcomes.

You mean like getting to the WYC U20 final?

Whereas your favorite Bosso in two trials failed to go beyond q/final even with senior men?

olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Bosso did better than most of us expected. My beef with him is similar to the beef I had with Keshi, whether he truly selected the best available players on merit. I find it odd that Bosso's squad had so many academy players, and I don't buy the excuse that all the eligible NPFL and NNL players had some sort of irregularity with their particulars.

Just pointing out why I have concerns about Bosso going forward. We were already starting at a deficit if we are not fielding our best. Then again he could claim he fielded the best available.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

His team did well.

So let me get this straight.

You attacked Rohr for losing to teams that were CLEARLY BETTER THAN US (Argentina, Croatia, Algeria)

Yet Bosso should be praised for losing to a team that we had no right losing to ? A team that sat back scared for almost the entire match and we were so clueless how to attack them ?

That was "good football" ?

Ok sure. No bias from you.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:19 am

His team did well.

So let me get this straight.

You attacked Rohr for losing to teams that were CLEARLY BETTER THAN US (Argentina, Croatia, Algeria)

Yet Bosso should be praised for losing to a team that we had no right losing to ? A team that sat back scared for almost the entire match and we were so clueless how to attack them ?

That was "good football" ?

Ok sure. No bias from you.
Your senseless bias against local coaches is blinding you to the point of absurdity. Everything you said in this post is based on a false premise fueled by your false narrative. South Korea were the losing finalists in the last tournament prior to this one in 2019, a tournament in which the Flying Eagles went out in the round of 16. The assertion that we lost to a team we had no right losing to is just a figment of your imagination at work🤔❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

My own:
Considering the personnel at his disposal, Bosso did well.
Passeiro is tactically inferior to him.

The accusation against Bosso is similarly simple:
He chose his personnel and he chose poorly.

And if I were to really generalise:
Our local coaches are better tactically than the journeymen we hire; but Oyinbo generally selects personnel a lot more on merit.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Those players you mentioned would have significantly improved this squad. Then again, I hear Ideho was injured, Inter delayed releasing Ebenezer which was why Bosso
dropped him, and Ayaosi had been invited prior to the U20 AFCON but had some passport irregularities.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:31 am
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:23 am Bret Fart, stop throwing about names of players you know nothing about. What assessment did you make of these players to conclude they are better than the players Bosso selected? And can you share with us similar assessment you made of Eletu, Frederick, Ogwuche, and all the other players in the team that everyone has been raving about to confirm that you are an unbiased assessor of players? Stop trying to push your clients on the National teams.
bret- hart wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:13 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:04 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:39 am If you want useless "Hey yous" to populate SE, then you would want Bosso.

HELL NO.
Which "Hey you's?" We already have a core spine of an established team already if you remove deadweights like Musa, Simon Moses etc...if Bosso can improve the midfield and defence as he has shown some ability to do by scouting quality players from our football leagues and academies, then we might finally have something promising going. Except you want NFF to splurge money on another mercenary journeyman coach looking for a quick payday. Truth is there aren't many quality coaches left that are ready to deal with all the rubbish that African FA's dish out...I dare you to name any!

Bosso should take over the SE and be given adequate support.
The same Bo$$o that refused to take quality players like Ayaosi, Ideho, Akinsanmiro and Adebomi. Bro if he had those players we would have won this tournament. Instead, he took the likes of Fago. Hell no he should not near SEs. This was his audition and he failed.

Shut The Fuuck Up you clown. The players i mentioned have top flight league experience and quality. Ayaosi saved Dakkaka FC from NPFL relegation last season. Ideho is already training with Arsenals's 1st team. Adebomi is on the verge on being promoted to crystal palace 1st team same with Akinsanmiro at Inter Milan Your bum a$$ caoch dropped these boys for the likes of Fago that is still playing amateur football with Malvon fc and Adbulahi that is just plain sh!!T. Quality players on the bench wins you tournament you dumb@4$$.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

A youth tournament in which he ran out of ideas.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So you didn't watch the tournament?
Eaglezbeak wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:53 am
A youth tournament in which he ran out of ideas.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Amenike please
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.