Unconfirmed Summer Transfer News (SE Players) (2023)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Unconfirmed Summer Transfer News (SE Players) (2023)

Post by Lolly »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:18 am
I hope he doesn’t move to Saudi. We wouldn’t want the old “lazy” Iwobi to return. Everton’s kick and rush football has really helped improve his engine and the SE is benefiting from it.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:38 pm
I hope he doesn’t move to Saudi. We wouldn’t want the old “lazy” Iwobi to return. Everton’s kick and rush football has really helped improve his engine and the SE is benefiting from it.
He can move to Saudi, if he likes. I have no problem with that! However, if he does, let the Sierra Leonean game be the last game he receives a call up for the national team. The last!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Yeah. I won’t be upset if he leaves Everton for his sake because he’s not winning anything there, and it’s just a matter of time before they get relegated.

On the other hand, Everton turned Iwobi into the Energizer Bunny. His work rate, stamina & overall fitness got a boast. The old Iwobi used to stroll and was done after around the 60th mins. Now the bobo can go 90+ which is a good thing for the SE.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Troost Ekong to PAOK?
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I WANT THIS DEAL!!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:09 pm I WANT THIS DEAL!!
this will be lovely :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This is one reason I dont want Victor near Bayern. Bayern no dey sell. They will hold you against you will for decade. You cant leave to try new things, until they feel they have sucked you dry finish.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:46 pm This is one reason I dont want Victor near Bayern. Bayern no dey sell. They will hold you against you will for decade. You cant leave to try new things, until they feel they have sucked you dry finish.
You can say the same about Napoli. If Victor signs the new extension with the 200M release clause they are reporting then he may be stuck at Napoli for a while. De Laurentiis is a hard negotiator like Spurs’ Levy. All his star players are always valued at 100M+ Look at how long their star players have lasted at the club:

Hamsik- 12yrs
Koulibaly- 8yrs
Insigne- 12yrs
Meertens- 9yrs
Callejon- 7yrs

Even role players like Ghoulsm (8yrs) and Hysaj (6yrs) were held on until their contract ran down.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:51 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:46 pm This is one reason I dont want Victor near Bayern. Bayern no dey sell. They will hold you against you will for decade. You cant leave to try new things, until they feel they have sucked you dry finish.
You can say the same about Napoli. If Victor signs the new extension with the 200M release clause they are reporting then he may be stuck at Napoli for a while. De Laurentiis is a hard negotiator like Spurs’ Levy. All his star players are always valued at 100M+ Look at how long their star players have lasted at the club:

Hamsik- 12yrs
Koulibaly- 8yrs
Insigne- 12yrs
Meertens- 9yrs
Callejon- 7yrs

Even role players like Ghoulsm (8yrs) and Hysaj (6yrs) were held on until their contract ran down.
Victor has 2 years left on his contract. if he decides to sign a new contract with a high release clause, then it will be his OWN decision to remain at Napoli, NOT De Laurentis'.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:23 pm

Hamsik- 12yrs
Koulibaly- 8yrs
Insigne- 12yrs
Meertens- 9yrs
Callejon- 7yrs

Victor has 2 years left on his contract. if he decides to sign a new contract with a high release clause, then it will be his OWN decision to remain at Napoli, NOT De Laurentis'.
It’s still partly on him. Buying clubs either pay the release clause or they negotiate with club. If De Laurentis won’t accept 160M next year then it’s on him. Do you think any club will pay the 1billion release clause for Gavi?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:40 am
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:23 pm

Hamsik- 12yrs
Koulibaly- 8yrs
Insigne- 12yrs
Meertens- 9yrs
Callejon- 7yrs

It’s still partly on him. Buying clubs either pay the release clause or they negotiate with club. If De Laurentis won’t accept 160M next year then it’s on him. Do you think any club will pay the 1billion release clause for Gavi?
I dont even understand what you are trying to say. Osimhen has 2 years left on his contract, Napoli (like PSG for Mbappe) is in trouble. They have to sell him this year, if he rejects the new contract offer. If Osimhen signs that contract and it has a high release clause, then it follows that Osimhen wants to remain in Napoli for a long time. Same way Gavi wants to remain in Barca for a long time, because he knows that even his mother will not pay 1B for him.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

packerland wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 7:55 pm
Yeah. I won’t be upset if he leaves Everton for his sake because he’s not winning anything there, and it’s just a matter of time before they get relegated.

On the other hand, Everton turned Iwobi into the Energizer Bunny. His work rate, stamina & overall fitness got a boast. The old Iwobi used to stroll and was done after around the 60th mins. Now the bobo can go 90+ which is a good thing for the SE.
That transformation is one of the seven modern wonders of the football world.
Incredible.
I’m not sure how much Everton can claim credit though.
I suspect he simply went about it as a personal mission.
Now he should draw the dividends and move to a better club.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Chidozie Awaziem on the verge of joining Greek giants, Panathinaikos, on loan from Boavista
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:17 pm

He's starting to realize that he might be asking for too much.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:59 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:17 pm

He's starting to realize that he might be asking for too much.
don't mind the bobo. Kim is off to Bayern, and if Mbappe leaves rumor has it PSG will go for Our Osimhen.
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:05 am Chidozie Awaziem on the verge of joining Greek giants, Panathinaikos, on loan from Boavista
I can’t blame Awaziem for this move. The guy just wants to receive a paycheck. Boavista has been struggling to pay their players their wages for months.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Why are SE fans eager to see Osimhen leave Napoli???? Dude is playing his best ball for a team that will be contenders for the Serie A & Champions league again next season. What's the damn rush to move?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

jdizzy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:01 am Why are SE fans eager to see Osimhen leave Napoli???? Dude is playing his best ball for a team that will be contenders for the Serie A & Champions league again next season. What's the damn rush to move?
Unless he goes to EPL I want him to remain at Napoli.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

jdizzy wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:01 am Why are SE fans eager to see Osimhen leave Napoli???? Dude is playing his best ball for a team that will be contenders for the Serie A & Champions league again next season. What's the damn rush to move?
When I posted that he should stay at least one more season in Napoli, some people called me enemy of progress. Most don’t understand the business of football.

Osimhen has achieved what most footballers would never achieve in their lives and he is only 24. He is on good wages, he can negotiate even more with an extension of his current contract or he can wind it down and get huge transfer fees on his next move in 2 years time. He is also playing at the highest level (Champions League and Serie A) for a club and their fans who love him so much. What else does he need?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I think Osimhen will do (and has enough advisors to advise him) what is best for him. If he decides to stay in Naples, its not a bad decision.

However, he has been in Naples for 3 years and has won the league and capocanonniere. Leaving Naples is not "rush." 3 years is a long time in football. He didnt arrive Naples last season. :lol: I think you are looking at it as "rush," because he just won the league and you aren't taking into consideration that he has actually been there for 3 years.

My concern about him staying longer at Naples is that I dont want him to sign a long-term contract at Naples. I dont want to give ADL that power to hold him against his will. And for him to stay at Naples one more season, he MUST sign a long-term contract. ADL wont want him to go into 2024 with the opportunity to have only 1 year left, and for his career, its not a good idea to play without a long-term contract (God forbid, you dont want to get a long-term injury and be out of contract).

Secondly, I think he can replicate his success and even do better. However, I also know that life is unpredictable. He has the world at his feet right now and what Napoli can offer him is NOT enough.

- Napoli cannot offer him the CL trophy. last season shows that they are simply not good enough. Most of their players are not winners / not mentally strong enough.
- Napoli cannot offer him the Balon D'or
-Napoli does not seem capable of offering him the salary he deserves. They offered him 6 million :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Useless Lukaku has an offer of 8m from Inter. Haaland has like what? 35 million? Mbappe? How much do you think? How much do you think Kane is being offered by Bayern? Even Rashford the Rashy Rashy Rashy! :lol: the 6 million Napoli offered is an insult. Lesser players are making more! Unfortunately, its not Napoli's fault, they simply cannot afford a large wage structure. They just cant! So, why should Osimhen, who was not born in Naples, has no relationship with them, other than the fact that he works for them, accept such a meager salary (compared to what he is being offered by others)? Is it in our nature (Africans) to suffer and take less? I have noticed that as a trend on CE, where people here think Africans should take less. :oops:

By the way:

let me tell you a story about Haaland.

Haaland spent 2 years at Molde senior team. When RedBull Salzburg came in for him, Norwegians did NOT ask "what is the damn rush to move?"

Haaland spent 1 year at Redbull Salzburg. When Borussia Dortmund came in for him, Norwegians did NOT ask "what is the damn rush to move?"

Haaland spent 2 year at Borussia Dortmund. When Man City came in for him, Norwegians did NOT ask "what is the damn rush to move?"

Today, Haaland won the treble at Man City and is up for the Balon D'Or! That would NEVER happen had he stayed at Borussia Dortmund.

Do you know why they did not ask him that? Norwegians behave like themselves - Europeans. They believe their children can compete at the best and they send their children to the best schools and position their children to TAKE EVERYTHING.

Contrarily, Nigerians behave like themselves - Africans. Always afraid and shaking. When their children do anything that is outside the ordinary, they panic! They tell their children to look down and focus on one small thing. Thats is too big for you! dont go there! Dont try this! stay in your corner. Africans suppress the success of their children. Its in their nature. Always afraid.

If Osimhen was going to Greece or Azerbaijan, like Ekong, you'd have seen the celebration and congratulatory messages across Cybereagles! No one told Ekong to remain at Watford o! After all, Ekong has been in Watford for 3 years, same number of years Osimhen has been in Napoli. Why move to Greece? What is the damn rush to move? :roll:
Last edited by danfo driver on Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:23 am
When I posted that he should stay at least one more season in Napoli, some people called me enemy of progress. Most don’t understand the business of football.

Osimhen has achieved what most footballers would never achieve in their lives and he is only 24. He is on good wages, he can negotiate even more with an extension of his current contract or he can wind it down and get huge transfer fees on his next move in 2 years time. He is also playing at the highest level (Champions League and Serie A) for a club and their fans who love him so much. What else does he need?
You clearly do not know how much Osimhen is making. :rotf:

And you clearly do not know ADL to think he will allow the biggest financial asset in the history of Napoli to walk out of the door for free. :rotf:

What else does he need? :rotf: to win the CL and needs to win the Balon D'or.