Paveman and Allard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paveman and Allard

Post by Dammy »

BAP wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:24 pm
YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 am Those were the days for sure. Many of us have been around this forum for about a quarter of a century. Thank God for his mercies. FWIW, I am friends with Allard on FB. Based on his pics, I'd say he is thriving with wife and kids.

I believe Abubakar became Solowe who passed a few years ago. Chief Gabtigab also passed some years ago. May they RIP.
No oh Abubakar became Seloweizer and is still very much alive . I know both of them personally .
I actually knew Solowe off the forum personally. Grew up with him and everything but had no idea it was him . His offline persona was entirely different from his his online personality
Wow! It’s a small world! I grew up with Solowe’s family as well. His elder brother, Biodun, was my classmate in both primary and secondary school
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Murds...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry: :twisted: :twisted:

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:00 pm
Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:39 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 pm i remember joining as an innocent youngster, there was some power struggle going on. i remember one gentleman, i won't mention his name stirring up stuff.
Is he the same gentleman still stirring up stuff presently?😁
changed brother 1naija, no, he was in his 50s then, he has matured a lot.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Old people reminiscing about old times. I joined in 2015 at age 15.

BAP, I heard you used to go by BA Prophet. I heard you were the original RCCG cultist here before the likes of Deacon Wanaj0, Pastor anointed, and elder usher Prince, started professing their faith here. Na true?

BTW, my uncle said he met you in Chicago once and you took him out and hung out with another member named K. Is this true?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I also remember during one those usual name calling yabis that used to go on back then, someone christened Paveman, ..Pavement.. :rotf: :rotf:
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:34 pm I also remember during one those usual name calling yabis that used to go on back then, someone christened Paveman, ..Pavement.. :rotf: :rotf:
Chai, the yabis then was fire. I come in these days only to see how little things get folks rattled, I just shake my head and exit.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:02 pm My bad, I know Solowe passed and thought he was Abu. My apologies to Abu. This is one of those situations when I am glad to be wrong.

BTW, for those who don't know Kaycee2G became Danfo Driver. Big Shawn is Big Pokey I think

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 am Those were the days for sure. Many of us have been around this forum for about a quarter of a century. Thank God for his mercies. FWIW, I am friends with Allard on FB. Based on his pics, I'd say he is thriving with wife and kids.

I believe Abubakar became Solowe who passed a few years ago. Chief Gabtigab also passed some years ago. May they RIP.
No oh Abubakar became Seloweizer and is still very much alive . I know both of them personally .
I actually knew Solowe off the forum personally. Grew up with him and everything but had no idea it was him . His offline persona was entirely different from his his online personality
I am still Igugu. what happened to Maceo 2? and Calli?
Nice to see you again Cooking Spoon. Unu hua? Chukwu gozi yu le umui.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:34 pm I also remember during one those usual name calling yabis that used to go on back then, someone christened Paveman, ..Pavement.. :rotf: :rotf:
Weren’t you the one that gave Babafad - Babafed. Still havent stopped laughing 😂
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

And also Babafat :rotf: :rotf: Funny how we are really good buddies now.
Showboy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:19 pm
Weren’t you the one that gave Babafad - Babafed. Still havent stopped laughing 😂
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

BAP wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:39 pm
Showboy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:18 am Those were the good old days.

Deep convo coupled with Innovative yabbis was the order of the day.

Names like monsecafe, Chima, Mister Dolly, Oba, Mr 7 pointless points and that buran uba chap … hope they’re all ok.

Some of the insults that get thrown about now make you 🙈
Ahem chief there were many insults back then too and some wars ..

I remember the Suya Pepper guy who got on the Late Suya and almost made him quit in frustration and then later on were the 1Naija Vs Schillachi feud which lasted well over a decade :mrgreen:

I still remember Mallam Kongi and Alagba Jeremaya's (PaJ) arrival . I thought Kongi was a very useless character back then but now I deem him a valued contributor Likewise Paj .. :rotf:

Sidenote - PaJ and the Late Suya also spent a lot of time on the Naija Romance Discussion Board which was another story in itself :rotf:

Initial Moderators Included Gotti. Hardman, Ogbunigwe, Bell and Allard and I think Fegwu

Gotti was a gentleman intitally but later morphed into an Agbero Fighter who likes unnecessary roforofo fight

Whatever Happened to Fegwu ? Did he change handles ?

Also did anybody ever figure out what happened to Ojemba ?
Yes oh :lol:, I totally agree with you. I recalled meeting him (Gotti) with Nanijoe at Tio Pepe Restaurant, Newark for some Naija games back in the days when AFCON games were only available on satellite dish. I recalled meeting Ogbunigwe at Philly too. He's being quiet lately.
Last edited by iworo on Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Cant remember when i joined but it must be over 25 years... The days of Ayo Akinfe ten pointers and that Ghananian irritant ohenesomething :lol: :lol:
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

oluwaseye the 1st. wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:45 am Cant remember when i joined but it must be over 25 years... The days of Ayo Akinfe ten pointers and that Ghananian irritant ohenesomething :lol: :lol:
WebOhene
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Wow! It’s a small world! I grew up with Solowe’s family as well. His elder brother, Biodun, was my classmate in both primary and secondary school
Oh wow , so you are Staff School , ISI too ..

I think Biodun was ahead of Fleddy's set meaning Fledy would have been your Junior too .
I hope you weren't one of those seniors that used to terrorize us :mrgreen:

Meanwhile Kongi too is ex-isi from what I hear but he must have been one of those admitted when isi started going down in quality :mrgreen:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:50 pm Old people reminiscing about old times. I joined in 2015 at age 15.

BAP, I heard you used to go by BA Prophet. I heard you were the original RCCG cultist here before the likes of Deacon Wanaj0, Pastor anointed, and elder usher Prince, started professing their faith here. Na true?

BTW, my uncle said he met you in Chicago once and you took him out and hung out with another member named K. Is this true?
I dont know any Ba Prophet oh but I heard the guy was one cool fella Wonder what happened to the guy ?? :mrgreen:

But yeah I met your uncle in Chicago along with K .. the guy(Your uncle) had serious body odor and clearly needed to see a dentist but for your sake we had to give him VIP treatment nonethless .

When next is he back in Town ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:02 pm My bad, I know Solowe passed and thought he was Abu. My apologies to Abu. This is one of those situations when I am glad to be wrong.

BTW, for those who don't know Kaycee2G became Danfo Driver. Big Shawn is Big Pokey I think

Big Pokey speaks English quite well Big Shawn on the other hand was a murderer of the language .. Hard to believe they are the same person :mrgreen:

I dont remember Kaycee2G being the area boy-thug that Danfo Driver portrays but maybe I missed it :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I am not big shawn ooo.. always been bigpokey from the S.U.C
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

BAP wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:52 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:50 pm Old people reminiscing about old times. I joined in 2015 at age 15.

I dont know any Ba Prophet oh but I heard the guy was one cool fella Wonder what happened to the guy ?? :mrgreen:

But yeah I met your uncle in Chicago along with K .. the guy(Your uncle) had serious body odor and clearly needed to see a dentist but for your sake we had to give him VIP treatment nonethless .

Is that so you can go on a brief vacation? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

BAP wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:47 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:11 pm

Oh wow , so you are Staff School , ISI too ..

I think Biodun was ahead of Fleddy's set meaning Fledy would have been your Junior too .
I hope you weren't one of those seniors that used to terrorize us :mrgreen:

Meanwhile Kongi too is ex-isi from what I hear but he must have been one of those admitted when isi started going down in quality :mrgreen:
Biodun, Fleddy and myself were classmates in both schools
I am happy
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I think he changed to another Uber company. I will ask him when he is planning to come back. Knowing him, it has to be in the summer.

He said to tell you what you are calling body odor was Clive Christian Hedonistic, and that poor people dey say beer no dey sweet.. :biggrin:

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

My uncle says he shows up unannounced so no one will give excuses like... my container never clear, New naira note is scarce, or fuel price dey high because of subsidy removal, to avoid taking him to the finest steak and lobster houses in town.
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:50 pm

Is that so you can go on a brief vacation? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

BAP wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:57 pm

Big Pokey speaks English quite well Big Shawn on the other hand was a murderer of the language .. Hard to believe they are the same person :mrgreen:

I dont remember Kaycee2G being the area boy-thug that Danfo Driver portrays but maybe I missed it :rotf:
I recollect some of Big Shawns bullets. He certainly put the fear of amadioha in me. Nna BigP never struggled with shelling, na nuances be hin problem. 😂😜

Ahem…Kaycee2G was the just the same o.

Who was the chap who knew everything about the Naija military? His name escapes me …
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:10 pm
waka-man wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:50 pm Maybe 97.
He knew his Naija football.
I joined just before the 98 WC and it was a life-saver, before you could follow scores live an get Naija news everywhere.
i think you just made all that up. You joined in 98 yeah right
Yeah! He joined in 1998 and ... what about those who joined in 1996/1997? Yes, I am one of the FEW in the olden days.

However, I must admit I stumbled upon the Site by ERROR. Now, I need my Chieftaincy title as was given to ALLARD
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Showboy wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:20 am
BAP wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:57 pm

I recollect some of Big Shawns bullets. He certainly put the fear of amadioha in me. Nna BigP never struggled with shelling, na nuances be hin problem. 😂😜

Ahem…Kaycee2G was the just the same o.

Who was the chap who knew everything about the Naija military? His name escapes me
BEEG EAGLE.
He still runs a military blog on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/beegeaglesblog/
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

I met Pave at the Afcon in 2004. Nice guy
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.