Paveman and Allard

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Paveman and Allard

Post by YUJAM »

I think I've seen Paveman on the site here and there but no Allard in years it seems.

For those who do not know, Allard started Cybereagles probably about 25 years ago.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Paveman and Allard

Post by Dammy »

Paveman was on the forum recently but it’s been a long time since Allard contributed
I am happy
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Maybe 97.
He knew his Naija football.
I joined just before the 98 WC and it was a life-saver, before you could follow scores live an get Naija news everywhere.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

waka-man wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:50 pm Maybe 97.
I joined just before the 98 WC and it was a life-saver, before you could follow scores live an get Naija news everywhere.
i think you just made all that up. You joined in 98 yeah right
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I believe it was around 1996/97. I also joined in 1997 when the Swedish guy (Allard) was still hosting the site on (http://pub1.ezboard.com/bcybereaglesforum). Don't mind these loud-mouthed junior boys for Cybereagles that joined Cybereagles on its second rebirth.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

iworo wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:12 pm
I believe it was around 1996/97. I also joined in 1997 when the Swedish guy (Allard) was still hosting the site on (http://pub1.ezboard.com/bcybereaglesforum). Don't mind these loud-mouthed junior boys for Cybereagles that joined Cybereagles on its second rebirth.
I still remember the website design. It all kinda blew my mind. Logged on after we got shellacked by The Nederland prior to the WC, 5-1 I believe. I think that’s the game that the promising Jero Shakpoke (sp?) injured himself.

But yeah, Allard is a legend. I hope he’s thriving.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

i remember joining as an innocent youngster, there was some power struggle going on. i remember one gentleman, i won't mention his name stirring up stuff.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 pm i remember joining as an innocent youngster, there was some power struggle going on. i remember one gentleman, i won't mention his name stirring up stuff.
Is he the same gentleman still stirring up stuff presently?😁
I am happy
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:39 pm
King Futcha wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:02 pm i remember joining as an innocent youngster, there was some power struggle going on. i remember one gentleman, i won't mention his name stirring up stuff.
Is he the same gentleman still stirring up stuff presently?😁
changed brother 1naija, no, he was in his 50s then, he has matured a lot.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

and these are your highest achievements ? Boasting about being that old on the internet ..smh..misplaced priorities..kai
SuperEagles

Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

YUJAM wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:22 pm I think I've seen Paveman on the site here and there but no Allard in years it seems.

For those who do not know, Allard started Cybereagles probably about 25 years ago.
Allard may have changed his handle and picking in now and then. Allard if you are there raise your hand and say Alleluya! :biggrin: :biggrin:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:25 pm
and these are your highest achievements ? Boasting about being that old on the internet ..smh..misplaced priorities..kai
The fact that that you can identify with a label “loud-mouth” because it "resonates with you" even though your name wasn’t mentioned speaks volumes about you :clap: :clap:.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:25 pm
The fact that that you can identify with a label “loud-mouth” because it "resonates with you" even though your name wasn’t mentioned speaks volumes about you :clap: :clap:.
stop being sensitive, many of us joined this forum years ago. We do not go about beating our chest waiting for awards. You need to get off your high horse, contribute and enjoy the forum, everyday you come around posting and abusing forumers with some side comments. smh
SuperEagles

Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

Those were the good old days.

Deep convo coupled with Innovative yabbis was the order of the day.

Names like monsecafe, Chima, Mister Dolly, Oba, Mr 7 pointless points and that buran uba chap … hope they’re all ok.

Some of the insults that get thrown about now make you 🙈
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Those were the days for sure. Many of us have been around this forum for about a quarter of a century. Thank God for his mercies. FWIW, I am friends with Allard on FB. Based on his pics, I'd say he is thriving with wife and kids.

I believe Abubakar became Solowe who passed a few years ago. Chief Gabtigab also passed some years ago. May they RIP.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

I remember the EZboard, I joined as sufferhead back then.
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 am Those were the days for sure. Many of us have been around this forum for about a quarter of a century. Thank God for his mercies. FWIW, I am friends with Allard on FB. Based on his pics, I'd say he is thriving with wife and kids.

I believe Abubakar became Solowe who passed a few years ago. Chief Gabtigab also passed some years ago. May they RIP.
Life is scary when you put numbers (years) on it - time certainly does fly. I wasn’t aware Abubakar morphed into Solowe. I’d always wondered how a few names (kaycee2g, Big Shawn, omey2k, Babafad …) that I hadn’t seen around were faring - bottom line is do unto others …
This is only a platform as they’re more pressing matters going on out there in the real world.

May the departed continue to RIP.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

YUJAM wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:56 am Those were the days for sure. Many of us have been around this forum for about a quarter of a century. Thank God for his mercies. FWIW, I am friends with Allard on FB. Based on his pics, I'd say he is thriving with wife and kids.

Many time I still can't believe that Chief Gabtigab is gone. I introduced him to this place many years ago as we were all in Jamaica back in the day, before he moved to Chicago. May he continue to rest in peace.
So grateful for the gift of life.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

It is remarkable that this forum has survived so long despite the morphing of technology and online chat to social media and blogs.

IMHO the forum still suffers from the lack of female and northern Nigerian representation.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

No oh Abubakar became Seloweizer and is still very much alive . I know both of them personally .
I actually knew Solowe off the forum personally. Grew up with him and everything but had no idea it was him . His offline persona was entirely different from his his online personality
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Showboy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:18 am Those were the good old days.

Names like monsecafe, Chima, Mister Dolly, Oba, Mr 7 pointless points and that buran uba chap … hope they’re all ok.

Ahem chief there were many insults back then too and some wars ..

I remember the Suya Pepper guy who got on the Late Suya and almost made him quit in frustration and then later on were the 1Naija Vs Schillachi feud which lasted well over a decade :mrgreen:

I still remember Mallam Kongi and Alagba Jeremaya's (PaJ) arrival . I thought Kongi was a very useless character back then but now I deem him a valued contributor Likewise Paj .. :rotf:

Sidenote - PaJ and the Late Suya also spent a lot of time on the Naija Romance Discussion Board which was another story in itself :rotf:

Initial Moderators Included Gotti. Hardman, Ogbunigwe, Bell and Allard and I think Fegwu

Gotti was a gentleman intitally but later morphed into an Agbero Fighter who likes unnecessary roforofo fight

Whatever Happened to Fegwu ? Did he change handles ?

Also did anybody ever figure out what happened to Ojemba ?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

BAP wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:39 pm
Showboy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:18 am Those were the good old days.

Ahem chief there were many insults back then too and some wars ..

I remember the Suya Pepper guy who got on the Late Suya and almost made him quit in frustration and then later on were the 1Naija Vs Schillachi feud which lasted well over a decade :mrgreen:

I still remember Mallam Kongi and Alagba Jeremaya's (PaJ) arrival . I thought Kongi was a very useless character back then but now I deem him a valued contributor Likewise Paj .. :rotf:

Sidenote - PaJ and the Late Suya also spent a lot of time on the Naija Romance Discussion Board which was another story in itself :rotf:

Initial Moderators Included Gotti. Hardman, Ogbunigwe, Bell and Allard and I think Fegwu

Gotti was a gentleman intitally but later morphed into an Agbero Fighter who likes unnecessary roforofo fight

Whatever Happened to Fegwu ? Did he change handles ?

Also did anybody ever figure out what happened to Ojemba ?
fegwu became catalyst.. the likes of dodo and mudi don pick race
SuperEagles

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

My bad, I know Solowe passed and thought he was Abu. My apologies to Abu. This is one of those situations when I am glad to be wrong.

BTW, for those who don't know Kaycee2G became Danfo Driver. Big Shawn is Big Pokey I think

BAP wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:24 pm

No oh Abubakar became Seloweizer and is still very much alive . I know both of them personally .
I actually knew Solowe off the forum personally. Grew up with him and everything but had no idea it was him . His offline persona was entirely different from his his online personality