The SE list is finally out

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oyek
Egg
Egg
The SE list is finally out

Post by oyek »

ALL THE INVITED PLAYERS:

Goalkeepers: Adebayo Adeleye (Hapoel Jerusalem, Israel); Victor Sochima (Rivers United); Olorunleke Ojo (Enyimba FC)

Defenders: William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Calvin Bassey (Ajax FC, The Netherlands); Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim, Germany); Chidiebube Duru (Rivers United); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England); Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Bright Osayi-Samuel (Fenerbahce FC, Turkey)

Midfielders: Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Southampton FC, England); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Divine Nwachukwu (Bendel Insurance); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Frank Onyeka (Brentford FC, England)

Forwards: Moses Simon (Nantes FC, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Ademola Lookman (Atalanta FC, Italy); Victor Osimhen (SSC Napoli, Italy); Taiwo Awoniyi (Nottingham Forest, England); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Ahmed Musa (Sivasspor K, Turkey)

https://www.thenff.com/afcon-2023-quali ... rra-leone/
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The SE list is finally out

Post by Dammy »

So where’s the former England youth international?
I am happy
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:21 am So where’s the former England youth international?
Co-ask
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:21 am So where’s the former England youth international?
:rotf:
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

No Victor Boniface
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
And the reported England youth international
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

oyek wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:26 am No Victor Boniface
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
I see Togo making a move for Gift Orban soon, i doubt the kid wants to wait for too long before making his debut for Nigeria. We have utterly brainless cattle herding morons as administrators honestly
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:29 am
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
I see Togo making a move for Gift Orban soon, i doubt the kid wants to wait for too long before making his debut for Nigeria. We have utterly brainless cattle herding morons as administrators honestly
I see tribalism and tribal slurs are alive and kicking on CE. of course, I expect such language from an untrained gutter rat of a boy who has lost all functions of his brain to severe mental illness. But this cannot be tolerated on CE. Whether this 1mbecile is mentally ill or not, we cannot tolerate this language and permit this cretin to spew hate.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I see 3LBs on the list and only one RB. Ebuehi should be in the squad. If Bright gets injured, we'll be stuck with Akpoguma or Ajayi at RB.

At some point the NFF has to stop inviting Musa. Boniface and Akpom are notable absentees as well.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

A massively disappointing list. We have a defense composed of over the hill bench warmers and division 2 performers. One would have hoped to see a young blood or two in the mix, like Ndah perhaps? In the midfield, it is clear by now that the likes of Aribo and Ndidi offer no value added. We are not going to win many midfield battles with those two so, what about Onyedika, Nwobodo, anybody???

Inspite of Ahmed Musa’s presence in it, the forward line is the only thing in this list that inspires any kind of hope🤔❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:21 pm
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
I see tribalism and tribal slurs are alive and kicking on CE. of course, I expect such language from an untrained gutter rat of a boy who has lost all functions of his brain to severe mental illness. But this cannot be tolerated on CE. Whether this 1mbecile is mentally ill or not, we cannot tolerate this language and permit this cretin to spew hate.
F**k off you depraved child molester, I said what I said, go tend to your kids you deadbeat loser!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 pm A massively disappointing list. We have a defense composed of over the hill bench warmers and division 2 performers. One would have hoped to see a young blood or two in the mix, like Ndah perhaps? In the midfield, it is clear by now that the likes of Aribo and Ndidi offer no value added. We are not going to win many midfield battles with those two so, what about Onyedika, Nwobodo, anybody???

Inspite of Ahmed Musa’s presence in it, the forward line is the only thing in this list that inspires any kind of hope🤔❗️

Cheers.
The bigger issue here is that we're not even sure if Aribo and Ndidi are fit, I mean when last did Aribo even play? Peseiro really needs to go already
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
Calm down,cattle herding is an African pastime that doesn’t belong to one group of people but if those in charge of Nigerian football happen to be better at hurding cows maybe they are in the wrong job,Just saying.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:47 pm
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
Calm down,cattle herding is an African pastime that doesn’t belong to one group of people but if those in charge of Nigerian football happen to be better at herding cows maybe they are in the wrong job,Just saying.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The SE appears to have become an old boys club!
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:47 pm
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
Calm down,cattle herding is an African pastime that doesn’t belong to one group of people but if those in charge of Nigerian football happen to be better at hurding cows maybe they are in the wrong job,Just saying.
DanFAG is a paranoid weirdo who gets a hard-on whenever he sees my post...after I exposed his depravity on here. Don't indulge his inanity, he's my biaTch on this forum and he barks and keeps quiet when I tell him to.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
And when Togo successfully poach him away from us, someone on this forum will reply with “we didn’t need him anyway.”

I’m so sick of these people. Will it hurt them to not invite 2-3 players and try out the likes of Orban, Boniface and Okereke. Ebuehi had a fantastic season and he is no where on the team. I won’t be surprised if he retires from the team. Ndidi and Aribo have lost form. Fitness is questionable too.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Did we get scammed with Olisah Ndah? I know he lost some playing time and was injured a lot this season but he has to be better than these old and tired defenders they invited.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

So they held out this long just for this rubbish list? I am convinced the nff is using the SE for racketeering business. Buying and selling caps.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Ekong, Aribo, Onyeka, and Iheanacho should consider themselves very fortunate to be in the team given how long they have been injured/sitting on the bench lately. Is Ekong fully fit? He has been out with a bad injury.

Orban (especially), Onyedika (played in the Champions League knockout phase), Moffi, Boniface, Awaziem (just won the league championship), Ebuehi, and Onyemaechi (dangerous set piece deliveries and playing regularly in a top division) can consider themselves unfortunate not to be in the team.

Changes to this squad I would have made (given the NFF’s 20 foreign based player limit):

Moffi (Musa)
Onyedika (Aribo)
Ebuehi (Ekong)
Orban (Iheanacho)

Last edited by wiseone on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

No Moffi? Nacho should have been left off.

Adeleye? I hope Pesiero knows Sierra Leone is no longer a walk over. Anyway, coach Bosso is waiting.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Divine has been one of the best midfielders in the NPFL..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Orban being left out is a huge EPIC FAIL
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:37 pm
No Gift Orban
No Tyrone Ebuehi
No Chuba Akpom
F**k off you depraved child molester, I said what I said, go tend to your kids you deadbeat loser!
seems you want to get banned again. You should learn how to control your emotion. Also you were very wrong on calling the NFF Chairman a cattle H. grow up
SuperEagles