AHMED MUSA IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: AHMED MUSA IS A NATIONAL DISGRACE

Post by airwolex »

Did I just read what Danfo wrote?!! I no even know wetin to yarn again
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:27 am
donadoni wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:14 am A player of any age and current level of form is entitled to throw his name into the had for consideration for his national team. If he gets called up he should attend and contribute his best. If the coach doesn’t call him up then no wahala.

Making posts about “shaming” our most capped player and highest World Cup scorer ever makes no sense to me. If there is a problem it is with those responsible for team selection.
Those responsible ?

And you think Musa does not know what is going on, and doesn't have a very "cozy" relationship with "those responsible"

Please.

Utter naivety is just stupid st this point.

Please stop acting like Musa IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

Or at the very least GOING ALONG WITH IT.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Some of these people voted a murderer as president and then went on to vote for a drug dealer as president
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

donadoni wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:14 am A player of any age and current level of form is entitled to throw his name into the hat for consideration for his national team. If he gets called up he should attend and contribute his best. If the coach doesn’t call him up then no wahala.

Making posts about “shaming” our most capped player and highest World Cup scorer ever makes no sense to me. If there is a problem it is with those responsible for team selection.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:50 pm
donadoni wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:14 am A player of any age and current level of form is entitled to throw his name into the had for consideration for his national team. If he gets called up he should attend and contribute his best. If the coach doesn’t call him up then no wahala.

Those responsible ?

And you think Musa does not know what is going on, and doesn't have a very "cozy" relationship with "those responsible"

Please.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I'm a drug dealer and I want to be president
:woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:32 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:13 pm The funny thing is that many Nigerians who are supporting the demonic Musa and Moses Simon do not realize the damage they are doing. Not only are they poor footballers, they are going to cost us players who would have been great for us.
On social media, there are many people supporting him based on his past achievements!
Alaaaaaas. Liv I ng in the past!!!! Sad pipul look back instead of now.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Man Ataye wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:59 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:13 pm The funny thing is that many Nigerians who are supporting the demonic Musa and Moses Simon do not realize the damage they are doing. Not only are they poor footballers, they are going to cost us players who would have been great for us.
On social media, there are many people supporting him based on his past achievements!
We are in the season of people breaking Guiness World Records, so maybe Musa wants to achieve the record as well!
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:56 pm
Man Ataye wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:59 pm
We are in the season of people breaking Guiness World Records, so maybe Musa wants to achieve the record as well!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:21 pm

Those responsible ?

Please.

:woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :lol:
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Those responsible ?

Please.

I’m saying that by focusing blame on Musa you are ignoring the underlying issue. Even if he has a cozy relationship (he may or may not) the problem is that whoever has the job of picking the team is not doing their job and allowing themselves to be influenced.

It is the person with the job of selection who ultimately has to decide. A professional athlete naturally wants to play at the highest level for as long as they can. Yes sometimes a player may voluntarily retire early, but it’s not by force. Look at ibrahimovic etc. I’m sure many criticized Roger milla back in the day and he went on to score key goals for Cameroon at close to 40 yrs old and beyond. And furthermore it’s not like Musa or no Musa has been the deciding factor in our results lately - he’s nowhere near our starting 11 in the pecking order.

Bottom line is we should pressure our officials to do their job and select our best on form players instead of pressuring and shaming our players to “unselect” themselves
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

donadoni wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:52 pm

Those responsible ?

Please.

I’m saying that by focusing blame on Musa you are ignoring the underlying issue. Even if he has a cozy relationship (he may or may not) the problem is that whoever has the job of picking the team is not doing their job and allowing themselves to be influenced.

It is the person with the job of selection who ultimately has to decide. A professional athlete naturally wants to play at the highest level for as long as they can. Yes sometimes a player may voluntarily retire early, but it’s not by force. Look at ibrahimovic etc. I’m sure many criticized Roger milla back in the day and he went on to score key goals for Cameroon at close to 40 yrs old and beyond. And furthermore it’s not like Musa or no Musa has been the deciding factor in our results lately - he’s nowhere near our starting 11 in the pecking order.

Bottom line is we should pressure our officials to do their job and select our best on form players instead of pressuring and shaming our players to “unselect” themselves
With your comment, you simply cannot criticize corruption with a straight face. And this is why I said Nigerians are inherently very bad people and to their core, they are inherently very corrupt people. We all saw the public support of the thief Salisu here. "Oh! let by gones be by gones" "Oh! lets move on, he wont do it again." Many of you blame the government and yet, you refuse to look at yourself and see how horrible you are as a human being.

In a society that does not tolerate corruption, if someone tries to give you a bribe, you refuse it! if someone tries to give you something you know you do not deserve, you refuse it! That is what honest people do and that is what an honest society demands.

LIke I said, most Nigerians are corrupt to their core and will cover, conspire and forgive any corruption. its not their fault and frankly its not your fault -- you grew up in that society, so to you, this is normal. You cant even fathom Musa doing anything wrong, because to be fair to you, you simply cannot even see what is right in front of you. :oops: :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:03 pm

Those responsible ?

Please.

I am corrupt to the core and will cover, conspire and forgive any corruption. I am a coward and will laugh at heroes who stumble while I hide under my blanket.
:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Those responsible ?

Please.

Dude, you can not go from thread to thread editing DanfoDriver's posts and attributing to him things he did not write.

If you want to take the guy on, take him on. Stop editing and quoting his posts like he made the posts.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

For the eeediots who claim

"Musa doesn't start anyways"

Lookman is apparently injured. For the doltheads who don't understand u need a strong bench.

Musa would be our first wing sub option.

Instead of Dennis, Ejuke, Boniface, even Orban or Moffi.

Same way the clown Musa was brought on against Ghana to try and salvage our world cup hopes.

We never learn.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:03 pm

Those responsible ?

Please.

With your comment, you simply cannot criticize corruption with a straight face. And this is why I said Nigerians are inherently very bad people and to their core, they are inherently very corrupt people. We all saw the public support of the thief Salisu here. "Oh! let by gones be by gones" "Oh! lets move on, he wont do it again." Many of you blame the government and yet, you refuse to look at yourself and see how horrible you are as a human being.

In a society that does not tolerate corruption, if someone tries to give you a bribe, you refuse it! if someone tries to give you something you know you do not deserve, you refuse it! That is what honest people do and that is what an honest society demands.

LIke I said, most Nigerians are corrupt to their core and will cover, conspire and forgive any corruption. its not their fault and frankly its not your fault -- you grew up in that society, so to you, this is normal. You cant even fathom Musa doing anything wrong, because to be fair to you, you simply cannot even see what is right in front of you. :oops: :lol:
I have read donadoni's post three times and nothing you have about corruption or not criticizing Musa is attributable to him

His point is that there is someone in power who should rein in on a player selection policy and if he is doing his job then its likely Musa will not be selected. People will take advantage of as much width as they are given. Kind of like Taxes, you pay as much taxes as the government gives your flexibility to pay. It's up to the NFF to invite or not invite a player. Its not up to us to determine if a player should retire or not and calling him names is rather childish and devoid of reason. The reasonabile thing to do is question those who select him. Musa is the low hanging fruit and easy target, sadly we demonize the patriot who has done service to the nation.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:20 pm

Those responsible ?

Please.

Dude, you can not go from thread to thread editing DanfoDriver's posts and attributing to him things he did not write.

If you want to take the guy on, take him on. Stop editing and quoting his posts like he made the posts.
Strangely you were missing when he was doing the same thing to me. He started it. I'll finish it.

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Read it again and then read my response again.
akamoke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:04 pm

I have read donadoni's post three times and nothing you have about corruption or not criticizing Musa is attributable to him

His point is that there is someone in power who should rein in on a player selection policy and if he is doing his job then its likely Musa will not be selected. People will take advantage of as much width as they are given. Kind of like Taxes, you pay as much taxes as the government gives your flexibility to pay. It's up to the NFF to invite or not invite a player. Its not up to us to determine if a player should retire or not and calling him names is rather childish and devoid of reason. The reasonabile thing to do is question those who select him. Musa is the low hanging fruit and easy target, sadly we demonize the patriot who has done service to the nation.
Literally, this is my criticism of his post.

Two things can be bad at the same time: (1) giving a bribe and (2) taking a bribe

Two things can be bad at the same time: (1) cheating on your spouse and (2) sleeping with someone's spouse

Two things can be wrong at the same time: (1) Giving a job to the least deserving candidate and (2) knowing you are the least deserving candidate and accepting the job.

Like I said, in an honest society, if someone gives you something you know you do not deserve, you reject it! if someone gives you a bribe, you reject it.

Like I told Donadoni, I do not expect him -- neither do I expect you - to even have the capacity to recognize the issue here. Its not both your fault. I am not being an a55 here, I am not trying to be insulting. The truth is that, it really isnt your fault. Most Nigerians have a serious blindspot to corruption because we grew up in a culture where it is normalized. So, you cant even recognize it, even if you tried. :rotf: :rotf:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:43 pm Read it again and then read my response again.

Two things can be bad at the same time: (1) giving a bribe and (2) taking a bribe

Two things can be bad at the same time: (1) cheating on your spouse and (2) sleeping with someone's spouse

Two things can be wrong at the same time: (1) Giving a job to the least deserving candidate and (2) knowing you are the least deserving candidate and accepting the job.

Like I said, in an honest society, if someone gives you something you know you do not deserve, you reject it! if someone gives you a bribe, you reject it.

Like I told Donadoni, I do not expect him -- neither do I expect you - to even have the capacity to recognize the issue here. Its not both your fault. I am not being an a55 here, I am not trying to be insulting. The truth is that, it really isnt your fault. Most Nigerians have a serious blindspot to corruption because we grew up in a culture where it is normalized. So, you cant even recognize it, even if you tried. :rotf: :rotf:
The problem here is you assume ONLY you have a grasp of the situation just because someone does not fully subscribe fully to your take on this, I find that childish. I don't think you know either myself or donadoni enough to question our moral compass as it comes to corruption
We are all speculating on Musa's corruption here and until you show me facts (not feelings or "you are naive"), I will just chalk your comments under "rant and rave" (then again this what we are all doing here) and let you be
Otherwise we can agree that whilst there is endless corruption in Nigeria , we are not all blindspotted, or normalizing corruption just because we dont all subscribe to your world view, Either that or you are wasting your talent here whereas you can impart your wisdom on a country with blindspots with maximum impact
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

akamoke wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:46 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:43 pm Read it again and then read my response again.

The problem here is you assume ONLY you have a grasp of the situation just because someone does not fully subscribe fully to your take on this, I find that childish. I don't think you know either myself or donadoni enough to question our moral compass as it comes to corruption
We are all speculating on Musa's corruption here and until you show me facts (not feelings or "you are naive"), I will just chalk your comments under "rant and rave" (then again this what we are all doing here) and let you be
Otherwise we can agree that whilst there is endless corruption in Nigeria , we are not all blindspotted, or normalizing corruption just because we dont all subscribe to your world view, Either that or you are wasting your talent here whereas you can impart your wisdom on a country with blindspots with maximum impact
Not at all. A large number - billions of people - actually have a grasp of the situation. Unfortunately, most Nigerians do not, because of where they grew up.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:50 pm :lol:
Is he self-inviting?
Exactly wetin I tok. No be sombodi invite-am to camp? Una wey dey complain so, if dem invite una to camp, una no go go?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:00 am
Is he self-inviting?
Exactly wetin I tok. No be sombodi invite-am to camp? Una wey dey complain so, if dem invite una to camp, una no go go?
This is an example of what I was trying to state in my post, Akamoke.

As you can see, here is a Nigerian, who does not play football, is probably obese, has zero understanding about football and has probably never been on a standard-sized pitch in his entire life. However, if he is invited to the super eagles camp, his innate corruption and desire to put self before nation will motivate him to take up the invitation ahead of people who actually play the game professionally.

Once again, I cannot blame this person. He simply cannot see what is wrong with his comments/actions and its not his fault at all. Deep inside, he is corrupt, criminal and selfish to his core. This is a significant core of his being, because this is a testament of exactly how and where he was raised.

Like I said, most Nigerians are corrupt to their core and have a blindspot to corruption. No matter how open, obvious and blatant it is, they simply just cannot see it. :lol:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Somebody on my 'IGNORE LIST' responded to my post, but from what I know is APROPRIATE for his type, he WILL BE ignored :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: Hmm, hmm, hmm my belle-ooo
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:26 am
Odas wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:00 am
Is he self-inviting?
This is an example of what I was trying to state in my post, Akamoke.

As you can see, here is a Nigerian, who does not play football, is probably obese, has zero understanding about football and has probably never been on a standard-sized pitch in his entire life. However, if he is invited to the super eagles camp, his innate corruption and desire to put self before nation will motivate him to take up the invitation ahead of people who actually play the game professionally.

Once again, I cannot blame this person. He simply cannot see what is wrong with his comments/actions and its not his fault at all. Deep inside, he is corrupt, criminal and selfish to his core. This is a significant core of his being, because this is a testament of exactly how and where he was raised.

Like I said, most Nigerians are corrupt to their core and have a blindspot to corruption. No matter how open, obvious and blatant it is, they simply just cannot see it. :lol:
Danfo, we already know how unapologetically corrupt you are. You don’t need to take out a full page advert to convince us🤔😀❗️

Cheers.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I know we all have fun here and people often post using hyperbole to add to the fun which is all good. But frankly I think this particular post is in very poor taste. People are using words like “national disgrace” and “demonic” against our own players who have put themselves on the line so many times for our country and our entertainment while we sit back on our sofas. If anything is disgraceful it is this attitude. If you want to criticize a player, go ahead, no one is perfect and healthy criticism is a good thing. But some people are taking it too far on this one in my opinion.