Super Falcons Camp Updates

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

iworo
Egg
Egg
Super Falcons Camp Updates

Post by iworo »

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Super Falcons Camp Updates

Post by packerland »

No disrespect meant but is Ebi in game shape? I can see the rings of fat through her shirt.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Randy Waldrum's explosive interview on the Super Falcons. He held nothing back.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5GvvKONxOzQDEPN25ynmex
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Big question mark on Oshoala's fitness level. She basically said "she will be" fit before the World Cup. Here we go again…..
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:28 am Randy Waldrum's explosive interview on the Super Falcons. He held nothing back.

Damn, Rasheedat Ajibade and Halimatu Ayinde are gonna miss our first game against Canada! :scared:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

iworo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:46 am
iworo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:28 am Randy Waldrum's explosive interview on the Super Falcons. He held nothing back.

Damn, Rasheedat Ajibade and Halimatu Ayinde are gonna miss our first game against Canada! :scared:
Not good. Tell me it’s not because of that AFCON red card?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

packerland wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:17 pm
iworo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:46 am

Not good. Tell me it’s not because of that AFCON red card?
Yep, it was because of the AFCON red card.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Waldrum hails Oparanozie, 3 other Super Falcons who stood up to NFF

Super Falcons' coach Randy Waldrum has hailed four brave players for daring to stand up the NFF during his reign as coach

Super Falcons coach Randy Waldrum has revealed four players who he claims have been instrumental in the team’s struggles to get their just deserts from the Nigerian Football Federation.

Waldrum salutes Opranozie and others for bravery

In a recent podcast interview, the American coach decried the state of the team’s preparations heading into the World Cup but also noted that a few players had shown courage by standing up to the federation to demand better treatment for the Super Falcons.

Waldrum was asked on the ‘On the Whistle’ podcast if any of the Super Falcons players had made him proud with their willingness to stand up for themselves and the team, and the former University of Pittsburgh coach named four players, although noting that there had been consequences for taking a stance against the NFF.

He noted, “When I first took over the job, they had just come from the World Cup, and the following year were getting ready to qualify for the Olympics…. Desire Oparanozie is one that spoke out at the World Cup, very strongly.

“She was the captain, and she should have spoken out for her teammates. She spoke out about not getting paid, and all the issues they were going through, and they dismissed her from the team.

“When I first got in, I called her into camp, and they wouldn’t let me. The president had dismissed her. They didn’t like the way that she went to the public and went to the media and the stance that they took. She was the leader of the pack, so she was the one that got punished.

“She is one that I’m really proud of. She was doing the right thing and doing what her job called for as the captain.

In addition to Oparanozie, Waldrum also noted the contributions of Barcelona’s star forward Asisat Oshoala in ensuring that the Super Falcons received what they were due.

Waldrum noted, “Asisat Oshoala is one I can always turn to and talk to. She’s very good about standing up and going to the federation, and discussing.

“She’s not one that’s going to do that publicly, but she’s one that’s willing to go in and butt heads and say what she believes and what the players need. She’s a very strong voice in there with us as well.”

Waldrum reveals Oluehi was banned from Super Falcons for speaking against the federation

The 66-year-old gaffer also noted that current captain Onome Ebi had on occasion lent her voice to the cause of the Super Falcons with the NFF, saying, “Our captain right now, Onome Ebi, has played in five World Cups, this will be her sixth. She’s got a good strong voice within the federation too.”

Finally, Waldrum recalled Tochi Oluehi, who dared to speak up during the players’ strike that rocked the 2022 Women’s AFCON, where the Super Falcons finished fourth after losing to Zambia in the third-place playoff.

Waldrum explained the debacle at the Women’s AFCON saying, “Then, with what happened at AFCON… one of our goalkeepers, Tochi [Oluehi] stood up in the team meeting, when they were boycotting and spoke her mind, and they dismissed her.

“They didn’t like that. She didn’t go public, this was said in the confines of the team meeting room. After AFCON, she was not allowed into any of the other camps. I finally convinced them to let her back in, but she had to write a letter of apology and all of these things.

“These are some players, those four, I can tell you, speak out and speak for the team, and I’m really proud of them.”

Waldrum, however, noted that other players could not be blamed for failing to speak up in like manner after watching the consequences meted out to those who dared to challenge the NFF, saying, “The others have seen what has happened to them, and they fear coming out publicly because they have seen an example, if you speak out publicly, you get dismissed.”

As the tensions continue between Waldrum and the NFF, fans of the Super Falcons will be hoping that the team remains unaffected as they start their World Cup campaign in Australia on the 21st of July against Canada.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/sto ... 9071306810
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

iworo wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:34 am Waldrum hails Oparanozie, 3 other Super Falcons who stood up to NFF

Super Falcons' coach Randy Waldrum has hailed four brave players for daring to stand up the NFF during his reign as coach

Super Falcons coach Randy Waldrum has revealed four players who he claims have been instrumental in the team’s struggles to get their just deserts from the Nigerian Football Federation.

Waldrum salutes Opranozie and others for bravery

In a recent podcast interview, the American coach decried the state of the team’s preparations heading into the World Cup but also noted that a few players had shown courage by standing up to the federation to demand better treatment for the Super Falcons.

Waldrum was asked on the ‘On the Whistle’ podcast if any of the Super Falcons players had made him proud with their willingness to stand up for themselves and the team, and the former University of Pittsburgh coach named four players, although noting that there had been consequences for taking a stance against the NFF.

He noted, “When I first took over the job, they had just come from the World Cup, and the following year were getting ready to qualify for the Olympics…. Desire Oparanozie is one that spoke out at the World Cup, very strongly.

“She was the captain, and she should have spoken out for her teammates. She spoke out about not getting paid, and all the issues they were going through, and they dismissed her from the team.

“When I first got in, I called her into camp, and they wouldn’t let me. The president had dismissed her. They didn’t like the way that she went to the public and went to the media and the stance that they took. She was the leader of the pack, so she was the one that got punished.

“She is one that I’m really proud of. She was doing the right thing and doing what her job called for as the captain.

In addition to Oparanozie, Waldrum also noted the contributions of Barcelona’s star forward Asisat Oshoala in ensuring that the Super Falcons received what they were due.

Waldrum noted, “Asisat Oshoala is one I can always turn to and talk to. She’s very good about standing up and going to the federation, and discussing.

“She’s not one that’s going to do that publicly, but she’s one that’s willing to go in and butt heads and say what she believes and what the players need. She’s a very strong voice in there with us as well.”

Waldrum reveals Oluehi was banned from Super Falcons for speaking against the federation

The 66-year-old gaffer also noted that current captain Onome Ebi had on occasion lent her voice to the cause of the Super Falcons with the NFF, saying, “Our captain right now, Onome Ebi, has played in five World Cups, this will be her sixth. She’s got a good strong voice within the federation too.”

Finally, Waldrum recalled Tochi Oluehi, who dared to speak up during the players’ strike that rocked the 2022 Women’s AFCON, where the Super Falcons finished fourth after losing to Zambia in the third-place playoff.

Waldrum explained the debacle at the Women’s AFCON saying, “Then, with what happened at AFCON… one of our goalkeepers, Tochi [Oluehi] stood up in the team meeting, when they were boycotting and spoke her mind, and they dismissed her.

“They didn’t like that. She didn’t go public, this was said in the confines of the team meeting room. After AFCON, she was not allowed into any of the other camps. I finally convinced them to let her back in, but she had to write a letter of apology and all of these things.

“These are some players, those four, I can tell you, speak out and speak for the team, and I’m really proud of them.”

Waldrum, however, noted that other players could not be blamed for failing to speak up in like manner after watching the consequences meted out to those who dared to challenge the NFF, saying, “The others have seen what has happened to them, and they fear coming out publicly because they have seen an example, if you speak out publicly, you get dismissed.”

As the tensions continue between Waldrum and the NFF, fans of the Super Falcons will be hoping that the team remains unaffected as they start their World Cup campaign in Australia on the 21st of July against Canada.

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/sto ... 9071306810
Watching this second Waldrum’s interview, this man is out for blood and is definitely doing the entire nation a favor. He’s not calling out NFF to save his job, because he already said that he is not coming back. As he stated in this interview, Nigerians are numbed to the incompetence of NFF. We don’t hold them accountable at all. This man has done us a favor by starting a much needed conversation that hopefully will bring about some changes. I’ll love our Congress to invite NFF bigwigs to the house to answer all these questions. Fu#k FIFA.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

K
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Nigeria to boycott World Cup opener amid row over match bonuses

Players from Nigeria's women's national team have threatened to boycott their opening group stage match against Canada at the Women's World Cup

The Super Falcons also had a preparatory camp cancelled weeks before the summer's showpiece event in Australia and New Zealand and could now skip their first World Cup clash with Canada on July 21.

Nigeria's women's national team are planning strike action by boycotting their opening game of the 2023 Women's World Cup in response to an ongoing dispute surrounding match bonuses.

The Super Falcons, who were drawn into Group B with co-hosts Australia, Canada and Ireland, have been engrossed in a heated row with the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) after accusations that the governing body had failed to properly compensate players, as well as a cancellation of a preparation camp just weeks before the team travelled to Australia and New Zealand.

Nigeria are set to face Olympic champions Canada in their opening group stage match on July 21 but reports suggest that the team are likely to boycott the match if the situation is not resolved.

Head coach Randy Waldrum called out the NFF recently, stating on the Sounding Off On Soccer Podcast : "I joke about it with people here in the U.S. We have less days than a college pre-season to get ready for a World Cup. It blows my mind.

“We had to pick a final 23 based on the last camp. Some of these players have been off since May, so I really don’t know the physical condition that they’re in, despite sending them programmes to follow.”

Boycotts are not unchartered territory for Nigeria, who refused to participate in a training session last summer ahead of their third-place play-off match against Zambia at the Women's Africa Cup of Nations due to compensation issues. None of the Super Falcons players has received their allocated allowances or bonus of over $10,000 for previous wins over Botswana, Burundi and Cameroon.

“Players refused to come out of their hotel rooms, no training, no recovery and didn’t take care of their bodies,” Waldrum continued. "The federation flew in the night before we played Zambia and brought a little bit of money, and pacified them with a little bit of money.

"They met with the team and wanted to discuss why and what it would be like moving forward, so we had a team meeting that night, at about 10 p.m. We played the next afternoon at 4 p.m.”

The women's national team has represented Nigeria at the Women's World Cup at all eight previous iterations of the tournament, one of only seven teams to do so. Despite the rich history, however, Nigeria's successes have been modest, with the Super Falcons progressing to the knockout phase on just two occasions.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... t-30415262
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Nigeria consider boycotting their opening game of Women’s World Cup

The Super Falcons, who are in Ireland's group, are currently in a dispute with the Nigerian Football Federation over their bonuses.

BOYCOTT: Nigeria are planning to boycott their opening game of the 2023 Women’s World Cup due to a dispute over their bonuses.

Nigeria are considering boycotting their opening game of the 2023 Women’s World Cup due to a dispute over their bonuses.

The Super Falcons are set to strike after the General Secretary of the Nigeria Football Federation Dr Mohammed Sanusi told them their match bonuses for the competition had been cancelled, according to MirrorAfricanDiaspora.

A source close to the squad told the African Overseas digital and multimedia online news platform that the decision was taken after six senior players — captain Onome Ebi, Rasheedat Ajibade, Asisat Oshoala, Ohale Osinachi, Tochukwu Oluehi and Desire Oparanozie — held a lengthy meeting on arrival in Australia following Sanusi’s announcement.

The players are willing to withdraw from their first game against Canada on July 21, which takes place the day after their group rivals Australia and Ireland open the finals in Sydney, in order to address the issue.

Sanusi justified this decision by stating that FIFA had already announced that each player would receive $30,000 during the group stage of the tournament and revealed the players would no longer receive 30% from the $1,560,000 FIFA grant allocated to all member associations for the group stage.

One senior player revealed to The PUNCH, “We are going ahead to press for our demands. We are ready to go as far as missing our first game against Canada on July 21 because this has to stop.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soc ... 78829.html
Last edited by iworo on Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what a nonsense, and many are too worried and angry at Musa.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mcal wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:55 pm ...what a nonsense, and many are too worried and angry at Musa.
Musa and NFF are connected. Don’t forget that Pnnick once revealed that he imposed Musa on the coach. The NFF is at the center of this falcon’s protest.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

LIVE: Germany 0 vs. Zambia 2 | Women's Friendly

Wow!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:58 pm
mcal wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:55 pm ...what a nonsense, and many are too worried and angry at Musa.
Musa and NFF are connected. Don’t forget that Pnnick once revealed that he imposed Musa on the coach. The NFF is at the center of this falcon’s protest.
...therefore Musa is the ills befalling the Nigerian football?
One day Musa will be gone, and we will see how many trophies SE will win, or how far they will advance at a tourney.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

They have already ended their falcons careers. There is no sports minister. Will shock me if the NFF backs down.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

ohenhen1 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:40 pm They have already ended their falcons careers. There is no sports minister. Will shock me if the NFF backs down.
For a sec there, I thought you are in Brisbane to fire Randy😀
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

And folks wonder or abuse dual nationality kids for not wanting to play for Nigeria. Imagine growing in an environment of relative competence and you see stuff like this splashed all over the place consistently. Why would you want to out yourself through this sort of stress to associate with frankly corrupt organisation when you have the potential for alternatives. The NFF have become increasingly malignant in their successive iterations from as long as I can remember. This stuff is frankly embarrassing. At the end of the day though it’s living in fools paradise to expect the NFF not to mirror the general and escalating rot in our society. I’m all for the girls striking for as long and hard as possible. If it means boycotting games so be it. At some point in time enough has got to enough. I mean what sort of human beings are we Nigerians. Ki lo de.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Question is: how many trophies has Nigeria won with Musa being there since 2010 when he made his debut?
Fact is that Musa's presence no longer benefits the National team.
mcal wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:21 am One day Musa will be gone, and we will see how many trophies SE will win, or how far they will advance at a tourney.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Musa's presence is the least of our worries. Our real problem is promoting junk to the team.

BTW, Musa has one AFCON trophy to his name! One of very few Nigerians that can claim so.
Otitokoro wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:32 pm Question is: how many trophies has Nigeria won with Musa being there since 2010 when he made his debut?
Fact is that Musa's presence no longer benefits the National team.
mcal wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:21 am One day Musa will be gone, and we will see how many trophies SE will win, or how far they will advance at a tourney.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.