Kelechi Nwakali…

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Kelechi Nwakali…

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:25 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:30 am
Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:07 am
Sunset wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 am
Was he given credit for the goal? Just asking based on what I see via this video.

It was going in anyway. Das ma boi. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
That ball was going well wide.
Look again. The 4th take is the best angle.
Ok Mr Stevie Damunk Wonder, I don look again and na goal I see. :thumbs:
Let me help you.
When Stevie Wonder has to help you see road, na that time you go know say you get serious problem. 8-)

To confirm the goalpost/player alignment, check the next frame on the video clip.

Thank me later.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 pm
Was he given credit for the goal? Just asking based on what I see via this video.

Let me help you.
When Stevie Wonder has to help you see road, na that time you go know say you get serious problem. 8-)

To confirm the goalpost/player alignment, check the next frame on the video clip.

Thank me later.
Damunk,

Why you dey waste time on this issue? Even a guy half blind knows that the only reason that ball went within the frame of the goal is because it took a hard deflection off the defender. If Nwakali got credit then it is a good thing to bolster his goal stats but on a review, the best he should get is an assist. That is best chalked up as an own goal via deflection. The point is I am unsure how it was eventually recorded but the video is VERY CLEAR.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:26 pm
Damunk wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:13 pm

Let me help you.

Thank me later.
Damunk,

Why you dey waste time on this issue? Even a guy half blind knows that the only reason that ball went within the frame of the goal is because it took a hard deflection off the defender. If Nwakali got credit then it is a good thing to bolster his goal stats but on a review, the best he should get is an assist. That is best chalked up as an own goal via deflection. The point is I am unsure how it was eventually recorded but the video is VERY CLEAR.
I enjoy doing graphics generally and it’s no biggie for me. I have had to do a few images like this on CE when people insist on sticking with their flawed positions. I’ve had two with TTTK, but that one never admits he is wrong.
I’d like to believe Kongi is different, but maybe na joke him dey joke.
Because this is as clear as 7Up.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Own goal to J. Conclaves. Correct call EII and Damunk.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Sunset wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:52 pm
See goalaso! :thumbs: How many Nigerian MF can score from there?
Waiting for Damunk to come and show us how this is a deflection.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:30 pm
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
So would AMUNIKE call him up against South Africa ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm
Why would I show a clean goal as a deflection?
E be like na you no know the difference.

Did you see the deflection I pointed out to you?
Or are you still having difficulty?
Need more help? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lovely goal! :thumb: :woot: :thumb:
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I don’t know why people seem to have blinders on where Kelechi Nwakali is concerned. The young man has undeniable skills; skills that almost no one else in the SuperEagles squad has🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am I don’t know why people seem to have blinders on where Kelechi Nwakali is concerned. The young man has undeniable skills; skills that almost no one else in the SuperEagles squad has🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

I think everyone understands that Kelechi has skills. That is undeniable. However, it takes far more than that at the very top level. An issue with Kelechi, from my view, is consistent effort. How many balls does he win for his team? That is critical at this level. He must contribute consistently in that department. The times that I have watched him, he disappears at some moments as well. Those weaknesses do not cut it at the top level.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:03 am I don’t know why people seem to have blinders on where Kelechi Nwakali is concerned. The young man has undeniable skills; skills that almost no one else in the SuperEagles squad has🤔❗️

Cheers.
TTTK

I think everyone understands that Kelechi has skills. That is undeniable. However, it takes far more than that at the very top level. An issue with Kelechi, from my view, is consistent effort. How many balls does he win for his team? That is critical at this level. He must contribute consistently in that department. The times that I have watched him, he disappears at some moments as well. Those weaknesses do not cut it at the top level.

Oga, How many balls did your boy Tiaminu win for his team before he got a SE invite?
:sneaky:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 am

Cheers.
TTTK

Oga, How many balls did your boy Tiaminu win for his team before he got a SE invite?
:sneaky:
Actually, Tianimu is not my boy but he won lots of balls. However, he is expected to win more balls as a defender and thus that would not be a good comparison, if you ask me. LOL.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cheers.
TTTK

EII,

All I know is that every time I’ve seen him play, he’s been the most effective contributor to the team. Not saying he has no weaknesses. Everyone does, one way or the other but he definitely belongs in the SuperEagles squad🤔❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

TTTK

To be honsst, i am not personally against the lad's call up. I am just pointung out his usual characteristic on the field. If the manager, indeed, feels he is okay then that is strictly up to the manager.

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:03 am

Cheers.
TTTK

EII,

All I know is that every time I’ve seen him play, he’s been the most effective contributor to the team. Not saying he has no weaknesses. Everyone does, one way or the other but he definitely belongs in the SuperEagles squad🤔❗️

Cheers.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

If football was about talent alone, this boy would have played in better leagues. His talent is obvious when you watch him play
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:00 pm
Good goal.

But the boy has just one goal in 30 matches this season. So he doesn’t score many goals. And he has 4 assists. Compare him to our other midfielders.

Nwakali (25 yrs) - 1 goal, 4 assists
Ndidi (27 yrs) - 6 goals, 6 assists
Iwobi (27 yrs) - 6 goals, 2 assists
Alhasan (23 yrs) - 1 goal, 3 assists
Onyeka (26 yrs) - 1 goal, 2 assists
Onyedika (23 yrs) - 4 goals, 2 assists

But I still want to see him play a full 90 minutes for the SE to really assess him. Hopefully he can get another invite for a friendly later in the year.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

When Nwakali can play like this, call me. Midfield is a two way street. Offensive capability is 50% of the job requirement.

Paul defines the work required on and off the ball.

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

nzeogwu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm When Nwakali can play like this, call me. Midfield is a two way street. Offensive capability is 50% of the job requirement.

When the boy works his socks off they’ll,say he doesn’t score, when he scores he has to be like Paul Ince or nothing. Which one is it?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

nzeogwu wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:25 pm When Nwakali can play like this, call me. Midfield is a two way street. Offensive capability is 50% of the job requirement.

Paul Ince was a beast
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

Which of our current midfielders play like this? Aribo for example is a regular in our team, does he play like this? Why should Nwakali's benchmark be different?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

gochino wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:58 pm

Which of our current midfielders play like this? Aribo for example is a regular in our team, does he play like this? Why should Nwakali's benchmark be different?

I wonder o. I just hope Amunike gets the job because I know he'll invite Nwakali pronto.
OCCUPY NFF!!